Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Decent gaming mouse within the $100-$120 price range?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey guys. So Christmas coming up and apparently people want to know what to get me. I had been thinking about a decent gaming mouse for quite some time, so I figured this might be a good time to get one. Could you recommend a decent gaming mouse within the $100-$120 price range?
    Preferences:
    -I play mostly shooters like TF2, however nothing esports level.
    -A button to slow down the speed for aiming DTS would be nice.
    -I would absolutely LOVE if it was wireless, however I want to look at all the options

Thanks duders.

Also damn, it has been a while.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

http://www.tested.com/tech/accessories/458823-best-pc-gaming-mouse-today/

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been using the G500s and it has the features you're talking about except it's not wireless. You can get the G700s if you want wireless functionality but from what I've read the way to go is wired for gaming mice. Anyway the G500s and the G700s are probably what you should be looking at. They're both in the $50-$70 range depending what week you're looking at them on either Newegg or Amazon.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By audioBusting

The new Logitech wireless gaming mouse (I think it's G602) seems pretty good. It's in your price range and the battery life is good, I've heard.

(well, it's in your price range with Australian pricing. Apparently it is $80 in the US)

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Personally, I'm a fan of Razer products. They make nice mice that have very accurate sensors and feel great in my hand while playing. My Deathadder is fantastic, but doesn't feature a DPI-slider (since I never use those anyway). I feel it's most important to find something that fits your hand in a way that is accurate and comfortable. If you have the option, I suggest going somewhere like Best Buy where they have a bunch of them out to touch and seeing which one feels best. You can get used to just about any mouse (or at least I can), but the one that has what you are looking for AND fits your hand perfectly will be that mouse you love.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Bollard
    There is only 1 mouse in my opinion.

Also $100+ is an insane amount for a mouse, this thing ^ cost me like £35. The Logitech software has got really good too. I can make any button on that mouse do, well, anything. They recently integrated it into the keyboard macros (one of my keyboards is a Logitech G15), so if I wanted, left click could type "GG". Or it can, you know, left click. The point is: the choice is yours!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Superkenon

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Razer Deathadder, and it's only $50. It's wired, but there's not a lot of respectable crossover between GOOD WIRELESS MOUSE and GOOD MOUSE FOR GAMING. That Razer feels good, moves smooth, and has all the buttons one should want.

But I'm a guy who thinks it's crazy to spend over a hundred bucks on a mouse, so what do I know.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

@imsh_pl: Don't know if they are still on sale but Amazon had some on sale today. Might wanna look over there.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Holy balls and a whistle. When I spend forty bucks on a mouse I feel like I've gone crazy, but then again I never even want to touch a mouse that has more than three buttons. A wireless mouse would be cool though. Stupid short ass mouse cables, what's with that anyways?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreggD

Get the G9X from Logitech. They run pretty cheap these days, even cheaper if you don't mind the MW3 logo emblazoned on the shell.

@geraltitude: Wireless mice are fun for a bit, but I've yet to find a good gaming one. Though, the ones I used before lasted about a year with lithium Energizer batteries.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Zelyre

I'm not a fan of Razer products. They don't feel comfortable to me. My buddy, who has huge 6'4" guy hands? He loves em. I use my fingers to guide the mouse, I think he smashes down with his palm and pushes. They feel kind of puck-ish to me, the buttons felt squishy and squeeky. But yeah, my buddy loves the Mamba, so I gave him mine as a spare.

I had a RAT 7. I actually really liked the mouse. Until it died 6 months later. It just stopped tracking. Called to RMA it and got the runaround.

Corsair has a mouse that was rather nice. Had a giant button on the side for sniper mode. A year out and it stopped tracking. Called customer service, got an RMA, but never received a shipping label.

So, I went back into the loving arms of my wife, Logitech. Even after cheating on her multiple times, she welcomed me home with the G700. It is wired/wireless combo. Uses standard AA batteries. Has adjustable DPI settings. Is programmable. Has 9 additional buttons that are placed so you'll never click on them when you don't want to, but will always be there when you need them. And that lovely toggle that lets you free spin that scroll wheel. The cable that connects it to the PC is also micro-usb, so you can use your own if you find the stock cable too rigid.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soulcake

I got a G700 Really like it and easy to find. If you wanna buy a even better mouse and have the money to spend go for the RAT.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Freshbandito

Go overly elaborate! I have a Razer Naga MMO and I really like it, sits comfortably and I've reached the point where being in game and using anything other than the number grid on the thumb side of the mouse for number related things (unit grouping, skill usage, weapon selection etc.) seems barbaric, backwards and offensive!

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ekajarmstro

I have and really like the Steel Series Sensei, but that might be because I like symmetrical mice.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think it was possible to spend over $100 on a mouse. I've had a Logitech G9 for years now and it's the best mouse I've ever used. My only complaint is that I wish it had just one more side button. Otherwise it's perfect.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Logitech G700 and I love it.

Avatar image for meatdimensionfighter
    meatdimensionfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Logitech G500S is pretty slick, for not much money.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I present the god of PC gaming past (the MX518), reborn:

G400, son of MX518.
    G400, son of MX518.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Logitech MX518, which I spent $35 on and have been using for about five years now.

At some point a couple years ago they phased out the MX518 and rebranded it the G400. A quick google search makes it seem like they've again rebranded, now to the G400s, and raised the price. Either way, get that.

corgorav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By corgorav

As a fingertip/claw-gripper, I'd recommend the G9x if that's the grip you use, the best claw mouse I've ever used. The G9x is wired, quite short in length (good for that style of grip) and I suppose about average in weight, definitely not too heavy. It has two extra buttons on it's side, has dpi buttons for up to 5700 dpi, comes with two changeable shells and additional weights etc. etc... I think it launched -09 -10, meaning it's nicely discounted these days.

No Caption Provided

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By myke_tuna

@octaslash said:

I present the god of PC gaming past (the MX518), reborn:

G400, son of MX518.
    G400, son of MX518.

I used this mouse for about a year and a half before moving to the G500 that a friend gifted me after he bought the G700. All three are great mice, but frankly the weights and one extra thumb button on the G500 (or the wireless nature of the G700) are not worth the extra cash (for me anyway). I could have kept on using the G400 until it broke down on me.

The G400s is the latest model of the G400 and it's basically the same except with a new paint job. I'd recommend that one. It's also way, way below your budget of $100+ dollars.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Canteu

G400 is the only answer. It's the MX518, except cheaper and with a higher DPI.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu said:

G400 is the only answer. It's the MX518, except cheaper and with a higher DPI.

As someone who has been using an MX518 for a few years now for a variety of gaming and general PC use, its pretty awesome. It can attract a bit of a funk on the palm area even with my above average amount of hand washing, but it wipes off without effort. It also looks like they fixed the way to logo wears down (which looks kind of cool so it doesn't bother me) and the silly dented looking pattern on the G400. Otherwise it looks like the same mouse.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@corgorav said:

As a fingertip/claw-gripper, I'd recommend the G9x if that's the grip you use, the best claw mouse I've ever used. The G9x is wired, quite short in length (good for that style of grip) and I suppose about average in weight, definitely not too heavy. It has two extra buttons on it's side, has dpi buttons for up to 5700 dpi, comes with two changeable shells and additional weights etc. etc... I think it launched -09 -10, meaning it's nicely discounted these days.

No Caption Provided

Exactly what I was going to reply with. A couple months back Amazon had a sale on them, I picked up 6 for $42. I've never used anything better, or more comfortable.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Akyho

@imsh_pl said:

Hey guys. So Christmas coming up and apparently people want to know what to get me. I had been thinking about a decent gaming mouse for quite some time, so I figured this might be a good time to get one. Could you recommend a decent gaming mouse within the $100-$120 price range?

Preferences:

-I play mostly shooters like TF2, however nothing esports level.

-A button to slow down the speed for aiming DTS would be nice.

-I would absolutely LOVE if it was wireless, however I want to look at all the options

Thanks duders.

Also damn, it has been a while.

I will be upfront about this. I cannot get a price for you in dollars so shop around however its £99 in some places for me down to £60 in some other places. With 99 being $166. So if your interested shop around and see if you can get a deal.

I give you the Cyborg. R.A.T. Come in four different versions from least features to max features.

I will talk about the cyborg R.A.T 9 which is the max feature version and is Wireless. The Rat 7 is the wired version as is the image below.

No Caption Provided

It may look block, however its very comfortable at least for me. The other thing is its very customizeable. Made is bigger wider or smaller. Heavier or lighter. Want a Pinky rest? dont want one? fit it to suit yourself.

If you Palm it, Claw it or your own way, the rat will adjust.

No Caption Provided

So what you have is 5600 DPI max however you have four levels that at a click of a button you can change. You use the software that comes with it to define these levels.

It also has a button that as the click of it will change profiles, and use completely different settings that you want.

A feature you requested was a slow down button. This comes with a precision AIM button which i perfect for a game like TF2. Run around all crazy with high dpi then when your want to snipe, low DPI at a thumb press and boom done.

It comes with a thumb wheel which I have never delved into it, however you could set that up for item scrolling or weapon scrolling. It could come in handy however does not impact comfort or use.

For out of game use or in game use it has the extra fwrd and back buttons on the thumb area adding more buttons for actions.

Lets talk about what its made of. It is made of Plastic and Metal, the top case is a nice comfy plastic while under neath is a hard thick metal base and skeleton. The internal parts are completely encased. The laser is fine and only rarely gets something on it that causes it to miss read.

I have two cats and their hair as ruined so many laser and optical mice in past. However since its housed no hair no gunk no fuss. I have had the laser or optical part ruined cos stuff got stuck at that part, this no problems nothing covers it since its very shallow.

If you decided to scrimp back on the wireless and go wired, The rat 7 is the exact same but wired and let me tell you this is finely wired.

The wire is a braided rope around the actual wire. Meaning its dosnt get cut or bent ruining the connections.

I use a Rat, 5 which has less physical customization, pull the palm rest back and add weights. But I find its perfect for everything I do and so damn robust.

PS, Jeff uses a Rat.

Here is the site if you wanna read better.
    http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Marz

don't even need to spend that much, g500 is a pretty darn good mouse. G9x if you want something smaller.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Christoffer

I would recommend trying out the grip of the mouse first. I played alot with the G9x (as mentioned earlier in the thread). It's a good mouse, don't get me wrong, but that low stubby type of body doesn't suite me at all. I realized I wanted a bulkier, and simpler model, so I went with Steelseries Kana. Love it.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rickyyo

I have a steelseries sensei. After owning a Razer Lachesis for a while. I really like the Sensei way more than the razer products I've touched and the old Logitech mice I used to use.

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just add to the already mentioned MX518 answers. I've had mine for years now and it still works flawlessly. If the G400 or G400s works the same or better, get it. There is no going wrong with this mouse.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Also $100+ is an insane amount for a mouse, this thing ^ cost me like £35. The Logitech software has got really good too. I can make any button on that mouse do, well, anything. They recently integrated it into the keyboard macros (one of my keyboards is a Logitech G15), so if I wanted, left click could type "GG". Or it can, you know, left click. The point is: the choice is yours!

How hideous.

G9x for life.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MOAB
    Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a Logitech loyalist for a good, long time, but I bought a DeathAdder on a whim and I freaking love it. Way more than I thought I would. I bought it solely because it looked comfortable. When it finally comes time to replace, I may just stick with Razer.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Specs aside you should always go to test mice at a retailer that has them on display, I didn't realize what my natural grip was before trying the Logitech G9. Without the x, it wasn't out at the time, six years and counting.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want a good, cheap mouse, go for Logitech. Just about any Logitech mouse will do. Also, I'd avoid those Razer mice like the plague. They're useless esports ricer shit that'll end up breaking down on you within a year or two. That's just me, though. If you want a Razer, go for it.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@missacre said:

If you want a good, cheap mouse, go for Logitech. Just about any Logitech mouse will do. Also, I'd avoid those Razer mice like the plague. They're useless esports ricer shit that'll end up breaking down on you within a year or two. That's just me, though. If you want a Razer, go for it.

I've had a deathadder for over 2 years now, still works great.

warthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g400. Thats the best gaming mouse second only to mx518.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jayjonesjunior

I use the Corsair M90, it is more of a MMO/RTS mouse but, more buttons is never a bad thing and it is going to be perfect if/when you decide to play those types of games.

@missacre said:

I've had a deathadder for over 2 years now, still works great.

Today's Razer is not the same of 2 years ago.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been using the Razer Naga now for a while. At first I really only used all the buttons mainly in mmo's but then I started incorporating their use in all my games and I have found out that I really like this mouse. The buttons can be configured to do just about anything and it's really nice having everything right there on your thumb.

Grither_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite mouse that I've been using for gaming the last 3 years including my fps league matches. It is ridiculously light, it's got the right kind of design for rocking & swiping, and it has firm buttons. Take note though that the wireless version of the same mouse is way too heavy for even strategy games. Get the wired one definitely!

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jsnyder82

MX 518 is where it's at.

It ain't wireless, but it feels so gooooood.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Bollard
    TriBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TriBeard

I have the g700 and I love it. It's wireless/wired and actually transmits data over the wire when it's plugged in, so you can use it in whichever mode is more convenient. It feels great in the hand, and having the extra buttons, especially the 4 on the right thumb side are a giant plus.

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tested a lot of the expensive gaming mice, and my favorite by a wide margin is the ROCCAT Lua, which costs 30 bucks. It doesn't have a million buttons around it, but it's perfectly small, so I feel like I have twice the control with it (especially if you're a claw-grip).

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By theanticitizen

SteelSeries Rival has everything you're looking for, it's super comfortable and it's only $60. Best mouse I've ever used. Plus it's designed primarily for FPS's though I use it for StarCraft.

Edit: I forgot to say it's not wireless though

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless you plan on getting a RAT9 you don't need to spend over a $100 for a good mouse

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Believe it or not, a lot of these more expensive mice have pretty crappy sensors or acceleration of some description. Wireless mice are also a no-no.

Your best bet is something like a G400/500. People like Deathadders too but I had 3 of them die on me for no reason so I'm not going to bother with a Razer product again. Steelseries mice also all have acceleration last I heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have steel series razer sensei mouse or whatever. It should be around $50. It makes everything I normally do with a mouse 88% percent more fun. I love it.

Edit: Actually, it's $60

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.