Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Does anyone here still buy retail copies of PC games?

• 105 results
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Rockanomics

I only buy retail if I can find a cheaper alternative on sites like GoGamer. (Holy shit I forgot about GoGamer! I didn't copy my bookmarks and just remembered it.... and it's down... apparently) (fuck) 

I got Dead Space 2 that way like 2 weeks after for ~ $20 off.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By TheHT

Sometimes I want the box. Or the added goodies. Or just an in-store impulse buy.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By salad10203

Does Amazon count as retail?  I just built my bro a PC and although I am a diehard Steam buyer, amazon actually offers cheaper prices and he prefers having a boxed product.

arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By arkkazeal

Due to lack of credit card its much easier for me to just buy games retail... but I sure hate myself when I do. Its cheaper to pay for american prices off steam than the bumped up Canadian counterparts with fairly high Quebec tax thrown on top in a store (Black Ops ended up being around 75$ from EB). 

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By ShadowSkill11
    @Arkkazeal said:
    Due to lack of credit card its much easier for me to just buy games retail... but I sure hate myself when I do. Its cheaper to pay for american prices off steam than the bumped up Canadian counterparts with fairly high Quebec tax thrown on top in a store (Black Ops ended up being around 75$ from EB). 
    If your credit is that bad why not just use a debit/check card from your bank?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.