Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Gaming Headsets

GuttlessCashew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GuttlessCashew

I'd like to know what you guys are using for headsets. I need one but I don't know anything about them Keep them under like 70US

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I heard the fatality headset is great. I can't remember what the price is though.

I use Astros but they aren't under 70...
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By subject2change

Sennheiser HD555s (100 bucks)
    IceMat Siberia In-Ear Headset Microphone (its a Mic/Earbud headset that are seperate)

I prefer quality headphones and a cheap mic, you can get clip ons for 10 bucks off of Amazon.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By darkgoth678

might of seen my post on this, I was torn between two.

I got and am  currently using the Razer Carcharias, I honestly love the thing. I has good balance and delivers great sound. It looks awesome and its a dream to wear. I tell everyone its like having two pillows on either side of your head. 

Razer Carcharias
    Razer Carcharias

Ran me About $80 on Newegg
    rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rinkalicous
    Agnogenic_delete said:
    I heard the fatality headset is great. I can't remember what the price is though.I use Astros but they aren't ... [more]
    It is indeed awesome. I was skeptical, as Fatal1ty is a jackass, but the headset is awesome, and it only cost me 30 quid, which is way under 70 dollars. Better quality then other headsets I've had, which were much more expensive.
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By j0rdan

I dont use em tht often, but when i used to play in a WiC clan I used my xbox 360 wireless headset.
    The quility isnt brilliant, but i had no complaints.

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DorianBlack

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8506994&st=headset&lp=3&type=product&cp=2&id=1186004972379

That. Gets the job done.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scooper

I got this which arrived in the mail today:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandberg-125-50-USB-Headset/dp/B000UJJGP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242678890&sr=8-1

It's cheap and actualy really comfortable, it's super padded so you can barely hear any outside noise at all and the mic has 3 settings of volume so you can change it up when you need to easily.
    It's also USB so you don't have to keep switching out those speakers everytime you want to talk to someone or play some games.
    Highly reccomended. By the way, this is the UK Amazon store so I don't know if you can get them over where you are but they're very nice and I'd import them.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By teh_destroyer

I was just thinking about this as I don't have a gaming headset for my computer to use on Steam or Left4Dead, so I am glad to come to this thread. Newegg has some cheap ones up for under $20.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dr_Brocoli
    @darkgoth678: 

This. I cant wait for the next version to be released soon hopefully :P
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    Sennheiser is a great brand. Strongly recommend almost any of their stuff.
    Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I have heard mixed reviews on some of the Fatal1ty headsets, a lot of people say they break and I have a friend who has had one fail on him. The headset I'm using is a Turtle Beach Earforce HPA2. I would recommend it if you want a good 5.1 headset. It's a little heavy, but has great sound quality and a good mic too. I bought mine on sale from Newegg last holiday season when it was on sale for $50, but it might be more expensive now.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    Agnogenic_delete said:
    I heard the fatality headset is great. I can't remember what the price is though.I use Astros but they aren't ... [more]
    I can vouch for that.  Great audio/mic quality, removable boom, and it was pretty cheap.  Maybe $50.  Only thing is that it gets uncomfortable after an hour or two of use, but you should be able to break it in.  I'm sure there's better options, though.
    lorddessan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By lorddessan

Logitech's and Razor's are the best...I use SONY, cuz I don't want to spend cash on new headsets, but razor and logitech are very good and with extremely high quality

CaptSuavity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptSuavity
    MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MC_Izawa

I got a mic/one ear speaker Skype combo in one of those promotional packages they give out for free at Target and stuff.  Yeah, I'm cheap.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By warxsnake

ive owned anything from a sennheiser HD 5 series to shitty logitech headphones

my favorite is the turtle beach 5.1 HPA2 headphones, as long as you have either a great onboard sound card or a good pci / pci-ex soundcard to take advantage of all the channels. any current motherboard has a decent onboard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.