Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

GB Gaming Hub: Community-Created Gamenight Videos Edition.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

If you aren’t aware of the Community Gaming Hub, this is we and you can be we too, just join our Steam group - great for getting notifications of gamenights, and an overall event schedule - or pop in the webchat here, make yourself at home and chat with all the friendly duders populating it at all times of the day - good old timezones.

Youtubez

As you may have seen, we have a collective Youtube account - GiantbombSquad - for our Shenanigans we inherited from the generous . A few of us Bombers like to record some of the dumb shit we get up to in the various games we play, and then immortalise it in the form of videos uploaded to Youtube. This is where I come in; in this here blog post - and further posts - I will show you, the general viewing public, the breadth of our videos. (You should subscribe to that btw ;D)

Battlefield 3

We have several of videos for our Battlefield 3 nights, one of the most popular so far is this; a 31 man 3 round Mexican Standoff, complete with .44 Magnum - this video came from our first Crazynight, a night dedicated to unconventional means of having fun in Battlefield 3, on our dedicated Giant Bomb server - of which you can receive notifications from our standalone group here.

Another one from the Crazynight is this EOD bot war we had on top of a building, in the middle of the Operation Firestorm map.

Crazynights aren’t all we do though, regular Bombing Runs are the place for serious play, like this tank video from .

A cool little Admin Tool Mod popped up amongst the servers allowing for a Zombie mode, I recorded a round of that here:

Super Monday Night Combat

User created a wonderful montage of our latest Super Monday Night Combat bombing run showing that third person MOBA goodness.

Resistance and Liberation (Open Beta 1.6)

User likes him some Half Life 2 mods, and this is a weird World War 2 pseudo-simulation.

Watch to the end for something you wouldn’t expect from this game.

Arma 2

You know what we all like? ARMA 2. We have been playing this game as long as we have been playing Battlefield, and it produces some of the most impromptu video footage of any of the games.

First we have a video of the last Bombing Run we had; and rolling in, getting things done.

And here we have a closer look at that bicycle in the intro of that previous video, that was causing such a fuss, and some footage of molesting a tree with a Blackhawk, and then successfully not killing anyone.

And then we have that one time where we all ran for an Osprey then flew some whilst carrying an LAV, because physics.

Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars

This is a recent mod for Warband that allows you to use muskets and other 18th century weapons. We were all skirmishing on a random server and a server Admin noticed our GBSQ tags, and he challenged us to a 'linebattle', us not knowing what on earth that was, we were super excited for it; this is what happened.

That’s it for today’s entry, I will probably make another one next month, to see what’s been up in the world of videogames with the Gaming Hub.

As a closing note, if you play any of our future gamenights, and capture yourselves some decent footage, let me - or any of us in the chat/mumble - know and we can help you get that up on to the channel.

INFORMATION

• If you know your IRC and use yourself a desktop client, you can find us at #gb_gaming_hub on Quakenet, or use the webchat version linked above
    • We also have ourselves a Voice server [program: Mumble] that we all use for Gamenight and for general conversing; feel free to drop in whenever you like. IP= mumble.giantbombing.com / Port= 64738
    • If you use that big ol’ thing called Twitter, you can follow our account for announcements on what we’re playing.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

If you aren’t aware of the Community Gaming Hub, this is we and you can be we too, just join our Steam group - great for getting notifications of gamenights, and an overall event schedule - or pop in the webchat here, make yourself at home and chat with all the friendly duders populating it at all times of the day - good old timezones.

Youtubez

As you may have seen, we have a collective Youtube account - GiantbombSquad - for our Shenanigans we inherited from the generous . A few of us Bombers like to record some of the dumb shit we get up to in the various games we play, and then immortalise it in the form of videos uploaded to Youtube. This is where I come in; in this here blog post - and further posts - I will show you, the general viewing public, the breadth of our videos. (You should subscribe to that btw ;D)

Battlefield 3

We have several of videos for our Battlefield 3 nights, one of the most popular so far is this; a 31 man 3 round Mexican Standoff, complete with .44 Magnum - this video came from our first Crazynight, a night dedicated to unconventional means of having fun in Battlefield 3, on our dedicated Giant Bomb server - of which you can receive notifications from our standalone group here.

Another one from the Crazynight is this EOD bot war we had on top of a building, in the middle of the Operation Firestorm map.

Crazynights aren’t all we do though, regular Bombing Runs are the place for serious play, like this tank video from .

A cool little Admin Tool Mod popped up amongst the servers allowing for a Zombie mode, I recorded a round of that here:

Super Monday Night Combat

User created a wonderful montage of our latest Super Monday Night Combat bombing run showing that third person MOBA goodness.

Resistance and Liberation (Open Beta 1.6)

User likes him some Half Life 2 mods, and this is a weird World War 2 pseudo-simulation.

Watch to the end for something you wouldn’t expect from this game.

Arma 2

You know what we all like? ARMA 2. We have been playing this game as long as we have been playing Battlefield, and it produces some of the most impromptu video footage of any of the games.

First we have a video of the last Bombing Run we had; and rolling in, getting things done.

And here we have a closer look at that bicycle in the intro of that previous video, that was causing such a fuss, and some footage of molesting a tree with a Blackhawk, and then successfully not killing anyone.

And then we have that one time where we all ran for an Osprey then flew some whilst carrying an LAV, because physics.

Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars

This is a recent mod for Warband that allows you to use muskets and other 18th century weapons. We were all skirmishing on a random server and a server Admin noticed our GBSQ tags, and he challenged us to a 'linebattle', us not knowing what on earth that was, we were super excited for it; this is what happened.

That’s it for today’s entry, I will probably make another one next month, to see what’s been up in the world of videogames with the Gaming Hub.

As a closing note, if you play any of our future gamenights, and capture yourselves some decent footage, let me - or any of us in the chat/mumble - know and we can help you get that up on to the channel.

INFORMATION

• If you know your IRC and use yourself a desktop client, you can find us at #gb_gaming_hub on Quakenet, or use the webchat version linked above
    • We also have ourselves a Voice server [program: Mumble] that we all use for Gamenight and for general conversing; feel free to drop in whenever you like. IP= mumble.giantbombing.com / Port= 64738
    • If you use that big ol’ thing called Twitter, you can follow our account for announcements on what we’re playing.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Nothing better has come out of this website for me than getting a huge number of giant bomb members playing tons of fun multiplayer games together! Thanks for everyone who participated, looking forward to bigger and better bombing runs in the future.

Kudos to @No0b0rAmA for adding a little retro flavor with his Half-Life 2 mod suggestions, I'm still at shock by how hilarious and fun the Resistance and Liberation impromptu bombing run went! Favorite video I've made.

Also kudos to everyone who's taken the time to record, edit and upload these awesome videos showing the mad fun we have :D

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By mracoon

This looks like a ton of fun but I wish had a PC capable of actually playing these games.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @mracoon
    This looks like a ton of fun but I wish had a PC capable of actually playing these games.
    Yeah, if I had a PC that could play games I would also be all over this. Keep doing what you're doing guys!
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Akrid

@mracoon: @Voxel: For some of these, it really wouldn't take much... I'd guess that Napoleon Wars, SMNC, and Resistance and Liberation will run on pretty much anything from the past 4 years. And Arma Free is a lot less intensive then you might expect it to be.

And really, you can come in to the chat and ask around for a game of whatever you happen to have. Pretty likely you'll get some takers.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By natetodamax
    @Akrid I only have a laptop and the only games I've been able to run decently are Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2. Nothing recent unfortunately.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

@Voxel said:

@Akrid I only have a laptop and the only games I've been able to run decently are Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2. Nothing recent unfortunately.

Well Resistance and Liberation is just a Half Life 2 mod... But fair enough. Feel free to drop in and just chat though.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@mracoon: @Voxel: Like Akrid and Alex said, the HL2 mods shouldn't be too demanding since they're for HL2, and Mount & Blade is also pretty basic graphically.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Liber
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Canteu

Gawd Alex, talk about youtube spam!

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SamStrife

@Liber: OK the ending of that video has reduced me to tears. Laughing so hard right now. Can't wait to play again, you guys make games fun again :D

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By butano

The worst part of playing the fife is that the audio levels on it are terribly mixed. They're either ear-piercingly loud or super quiet. Though I believe I served my purpose on those line battles.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258

Damn it, damn it, damn it! I need both a PC capable of playing these games and to pay more attention to the CSS nights. I can run Counter Strike Source pretty well.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SamStrife

@Butano: I like it how they purposely recorded a really bad playing off it, complete with squeaks, wrong notes being played and having it being off tempo at the best of times.

@believer258: We're playing CSS most nights at the moment, just jump on the mumble server and see what everyone's up to. I warn you though, I'm developing quite the reputation on GB for being a lethal CS player, a lot of dudes can testify to that ;)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlexW00d
    @Butano

The worst part of playing the fife is that the audio levels on it are terribly mixed. They're either ear-piercingly loud or super quiet. Though I believe I served my purpose on those line battles.

You and Liber most definitely were what kept us alive for so long, that and Akrid's superb leadership skills.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Winternet

Look at all that PC action! Love it.

light_grenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By light_grenade

Looks like great fun. Just finished building my PC, so hopefully be joining you duders soon :D

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mattadord

So just wondering do you put on streams of these game nights? I ask because I would be quite interested in watching the GB community mess around, and join in on what seems like a ton of fun even though I can't because my computer isn't up to par to play most of those games.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlexW00d

@MattadorD said:

So just wondering do you put on streams of these game nights? I ask because I would be quite interested in watching the GB community mess around, and join in on what seems like a ton of fun even though I can't because my computer isn't up to par to play most of those games.

Currently we don't, but that's totally something we will now consider; I'll let you know if we do decide to do so.

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattadord
    @AlexW00d Awesome! It could be like a TNT type show, but instead of the GB crew it would be the GB community. I hope that you're able to do this, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any new developments.
    VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VIGGO123

Great videos!

Been a part of almost every bf3 gamenight, but I definitively need to get Arma II and Mount and Blade, it look crazy fun!

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrainSonata

When I'm back up and running I vote for Prop Hunt on Gmod!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlexW00d

@MattadorD said:

@AlexW00d Awesome! It could be like a TNT type show, but instead of the GB crew it would be the GB community. I hope that you're able to do this, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any new developments.

I am quite literally a month late on this, but we now have a stream page, built by the wonderful here. You'll need to join the Steam Group to see when and what we're playing, but yeah, there we have that. At least one of us will be streaming the events each time. I imagine, game pending though.

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mattadord

@AlexW00d: Awesome thanks! I can't wait to watch a these events take place. While I'll probably won't be able to join in by playing, as my computer is not that good, but at least I can join in by watching and chatting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.