Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Question: Live streaming my Desktop

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

i was wondering if you guys know of a way to live stream my desktop at very good frames?

there are afew programs that will do this such as Manycam etc, but the framerate Sucks balls, and for some reason on my machine its playback quality is all messed up.
    don't tell me fraps or gamecam ¬_¬ there not live streaming programs

but what about Capture cards?
    i was thinking about this
    it has a S-video input so i can connect my g-card right? will that work?
    i have NO experience with ANY capturing cards at all, please treat me as a complete new beginner to this.

If i plug a S-Video cable from my pc to the capture card listed above, then plug the device into the USB slot - will it work?

Theres nothing on the internet explaining the S-Video pluggin, everyone only talks about the DV inputs or whatever there called :S

--------

im 100% sure that if i can do that it'll do live streaming, so if you could answer the question about the Capture card i would be very greatfull :)

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeadlyPain
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By j0rdan

What is it you actually want to do?

The dazzle cards are for recording other medium such as old VHS into digital versions on you PC, so i would presume that product is a video IN solution.

But again, what is it you want to do?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Search up VH Capture, thats what your looking for.

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RJ

Wow, this thread is 6 months old and somehow found it's way back up front. Anyway, here are a couple of free programs I used to use for streaming from my desktop -

Super Webcam - Free, does an ok job at capturing from your desktop. Some games won't capture properly in full screen so you might have to play in windowed mode. Also, you can select certain portions of your screen to capture from but the quality can be kinda sketchy, especially capturing from smaller windows. Also, you have to manually adjust your capture FPS to 30 FPS to have a smooth stream.

Splitcam - Free, has better quality streaming full screen / windowed games. Also, the framerate is default at 30 FPS so you're sure to have a smooth stream. Interface is very non-user friendly, and has a huge Ad-window in the left portion of the program, but otherwise you can minimize it to to your clock tray and forget about it. Can also capture portions of your desktop but not as easy to setup as Super Webcam.

Webcam Max - Demo / Pay - You can capture from desktop, webcams, and even application windows, allowing you to properly capture from a game without having to run in windowed mode. Quality and framerate are equally very good and you can also do Picture in Picture from another video source, overlay text/pictures, and some other visual flair. Interface is easy to use.

I also use the Dazzle DVD Recorder to stream and capture footage from games. It's title suggests that it can only record stuff to DVD (like VHS) but technically, this thing will capture from anything that outputs composite (RCA) or S-Video. Getting the audio to properly stream outside of the standard software is another issue, but doable (with Adobe Media Encoder). S-Video will capture just fine.

Here's a little Skate 2 footage I captured with the Dazzle:

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadlyPain

cheers RJ for taking the time in answer this old thread :P

i bought me a Dazzle DVD recorder not long after i made the post and im loving it :D
    this thread should be nice for others asking the same question - as its answered now it can finally R.I.P lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.