Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Under the Raidar: Grim Dawn? (Titan Quest) 2.0?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have to say, with D3 shortly rising on the horizon, I've gone back and replayed a lot of the "dungeon" crawler D2 clones. Well lets face it I for one have never played D2. I have however enjoyed Titan Quest when I picked it up in 2007. Sad to say however Ironlore, the developers behind Titan Quest, and Titan Quest Immortal Throne went under. Yet browsing the TQ forums today I stumbled upon a game called Grim Dawn.
    This game is being developed by Crate Entertainment, which is basically most of the team who made Titan Quest. They are using a "revised" version of their Iron Lore Entertainment's engine used in Titan Quest. And I have to admit it looks the same in the core functions, but this game looks pretty damn good for any ARPG enthusiast. 

http://www.grimdawn.com/

There is still not a whole lot out about the game, they have their first "game play" footage some screen shots etc. It seems to be a strictly Digital Downloadable game, with options to pre-order / play alpha,beta versions. I have yet to decide on which version I will be buying; however I know I will be a purchaser. As a Titan Quest fan I'm glad to see the developers back to making games. They are without a doubt one of my favorites. So since there was no "sub forum" for Grim Dawn on GB I decided to post here and see how any of you TQ/ARPG fans feel about this. 

Personally with D3, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn all coming around 2011/ early 2012. It's honestly going to be a great year for ARPGs.

What's everyone else opinion on the ARPG's coming out?
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Tordah

Seeing as how the game is still in very early stages of development I'm sure we'll hear more about it at a later date. I'm definately looking forward to it.

And yes, 2011 is really shaping up to be the year of the Action RPG. You forgot Dungeon Siege 3 and Bastion!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.