Tuition Prices Plummet at the Peggle Institute

Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
This insane gerbil-hamster-beast agrees, buying an iPhone just to play Peggle is a totally "AWESOME!" idea!
If you like Peggle like I like Peggle, you'll be pleased to know that Peggle for the iPhone and iPod Touch is currently on sale for a scant $0.99, down from the much less attractive regular price of $4.99. Unless, of course, you don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch, in which case you're cursing your current choice of cell phone and/or MP3 player. Don't worry, though, you've got until the 14th to take advantage of this incredible deal, which is plenty of time to spend hundreds of dollars on a soon-to-be obsolete piece of electronics!

Seriously, though, Peggle's awesome, and this is a steal.
Staff
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
This insane gerbil-hamster-beast agrees, buying an iPhone just to play Peggle is a totally "AWESOME!" idea!
If you like Peggle like I like Peggle, you'll be pleased to know that Peggle for the iPhone and iPod Touch is currently on sale for a scant $0.99, down from the much less attractive regular price of $4.99. Unless, of course, you don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch, in which case you're cursing your current choice of cell phone and/or MP3 player. Don't worry, though, you've got until the 14th to take advantage of this incredible deal, which is plenty of time to spend hundreds of dollars on a soon-to-be obsolete piece of electronics!

Seriously, though, Peggle's awesome, and this is a steal.
Staff
#2 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1207 posts) -

this is very good news for me

#3 Posted by Satune (477 posts) -

How is Peggle for the iPhone?

#4 Posted by PLWolf (922 posts) -

I have it on PC, XBLA, and soon to be on PS3. I'm good.

#5 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I am definitely buying this..loved the trial on the 360. I hope they are not that different.

#6 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1207 posts) -

i hear its totally peggle, with a little bit of slowdown from time to time which isn't bad enough to be an inconvenience. From what I've heard they've done a good job for the iphone/ itouch

#7 Posted by datarez (544 posts) -

Awesome,  thanks for the tip on the price.  $0.99 is my magic price point for iphone games.  I just can't bear paying $5 or $10 for the games.  I know I'm a cheap bastard.

#8 Posted by billysea (103 posts) -

People without the iPhone/iTouch now (but plan to buy later) can still buy it now through iTunes.

#9 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (478 posts) -

I bought this the day it came out. I can stand by my $5 purchase, noting I don't have any other version of Peggle. I really like the iPhone version, although at times, the aiming is a little frustrating.

#10 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

I bought it for full price and I must say I do not regret it one bit.  Peggle has been the app that I have been playing the most of the rest I have bought

#11 Edited by nidx (19 posts) -

soo addicting - I am only 7 levels away from 100% on all some have taken me 4+ hours to 100% but still always fun - They really need to fix the zone for the fire button though, I keep changing my aim when i want to fire

#12 Posted by Kohe321 (3523 posts) -

I am currently playing Peggle nights on Steam. Man peggle is awesome.

#13 Posted by Hamst3r (4479 posts) -

I've already played every version of Peggle on PC. Deluxe, Nights, Extreme and that web-based one...so, no Peggle on iPhone for me.

#14 Posted by Infinityslimit (121 posts) -

Awesome downloaded!

#15 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

Does anyone know if this will work on my first-gen iPod Touch? I bought (a version of) Peggle when I first got my Touch and it seems to not work on it... :( Maybe this is a new version?

#16 Posted by Peach (63 posts) -

Absolutely wonderful game. It works PERFECTLY with the touch system.

#17 Posted by PhilESkyline (774 posts) -

I downloaded this when I received Ryan's informative yet upsetting tweet.

#18 Posted by redgauss (131 posts) -

BALLS! I just bought this last week.

#19 Posted by DeadMonkeys (825 posts) -

Thanks! Just bought it  :)

#20 Posted by LeenPonyD (25 posts) -

Peggle for WoW is free....

#21 Posted by NikoBellic (41 posts) -

Wish I hadn't jumped so quickly and bought it at launch...
Oh well... when is MYST going to be cheap????  That's the one I am waiting for... :)

#22 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I thought GB didn't cover iPhone stuff?

#23 Posted by Alex_V (614 posts) -

Good shout. Purchased...

#24 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Al3xand3r: They'll cover anything that gets their attention. A while back there was an article about an iPhone game called Dr. Awesome.
#26 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

eh, peggle, another puzzle type game

#27 Posted by Teaspoon83 (623 posts) -

Read Ryan's tweet. Grr, it is hard to pass this up when it is only $1.  I thought this addiction would stay home but apparently not anymore.

#28 Posted by Trouble (24 posts) -

I bought it when I saw it was $1. I got to Peggle Grandmaster status on the PC version of the game, so I loves me some Peggle. The iPhone version is a pretty sweet port, no complaints at all.

#29 Posted by WulfBane (190 posts) -

Damn you Pop-cap.  The $5 mark was enough for me to say "yeah, but its yet another version of Peggle I don't need to get hooked on again." But this.... damn its too late.  I already hit the buy button.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.