Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Peggle

Franchise »

Peggle is a puzzle series from PopCap Games, where the player must clear all the orange "pegs" from a 2D board with a ball. Gameplay consists of 3 modes: Adventure, Duel and Challenge.

When do you play games? How does it affect what you play?

Abstract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Abstract

O.k. I am a teacher, which means that on most days I am done with work at 3:40 and will be home sometime around 4:10 (depending on the bus).  I then have to walk the dog and will be home by 4:30.  I have two hours before my wife will usually come home from work.  That is when I get to play games the way that I remember (spending continuous hours being engulfed by a game).  

I still get to play games in other ways, and that has changed what I play.  My number one game (based on time) right now is Left 4 Dead, but that is somewhat of an anomaly.  The number 2 and 3 are currently Picross on my DS and Peggle on  my phone (yes, I am now playing games on my phone).   The only reason I've played so much Left 4 Dead is because a whole movie can be played online in ~45 minutes.  

The lesson learned is that the style of games that I play now are games that can be fit into a tight space.  That doesn't allow for great epics like Fallout  (which I will finish soon) or Mass Effect.  Heck, I'm having hard time getting through Chrono Tigger and that is portable.  This is nothing new, but it is kind of sad.  When I play games can fit into three categories:  on the bus (Peggle/Picross), before my wife gets home (Fallout 3/Rock Band 2), and before I go to bed (Left 4 Dead).  That has changed the game that I play as a result.  I play games that can fit in bit-size, easy to pause chunks, and I don't buy games nearly as much as I used to because the games I buy last so long.

So, when do you play games, and how does that affect then games you buy?
    Abstract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Abstract

O.k. I am a teacher, which means that on most days I am done with work at 3:40 and will be home sometime around 4:10 (depending on the bus).  I then have to walk the dog and will be home by 4:30.  I have two hours before my wife will usually come home from work.  That is when I get to play games the way that I remember (spending continuous hours being engulfed by a game).  

I still get to play games in other ways, and that has changed what I play.  My number one game (based on time) right now is Left 4 Dead, but that is somewhat of an anomaly.  The number 2 and 3 are currently Picross on my DS and Peggle on  my phone (yes, I am now playing games on my phone).   The only reason I've played so much Left 4 Dead is because a whole movie can be played online in ~45 minutes.  

The lesson learned is that the style of games that I play now are games that can be fit into a tight space.  That doesn't allow for great epics like Fallout  (which I will finish soon) or Mass Effect.  Heck, I'm having hard time getting through Chrono Tigger and that is portable.  This is nothing new, but it is kind of sad.  When I play games can fit into three categories:  on the bus (Peggle/Picross), before my wife gets home (Fallout 3/Rock Band 2), and before I go to bed (Left 4 Dead).  That has changed the game that I play as a result.  I play games that can fit in bit-size, easy to pause chunks, and I don't buy games nearly as much as I used to because the games I buy last so long.

So, when do you play games, and how does that affect then games you buy?
    Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shinryu

I usually play games either during the day or late at night. Im replaying deadspace right now, so night time is for that.

It doesnt really affect the games i buy at all.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

I sort of follow a schedule for my gaming. Every Friday night, I will play Rock Band 2, either with friends or alone. On Saturday, I play Animal Crossing: City Folk at around 8 (I have to see K.K. Slider...don't judge me). Those are the only games I follow strictly with a schedule.  

Additionally, I don't play games at all on the weekdays, mainly due to the intensity of my honors courses I am taking in high school. That leaves Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. On Friday, it will be the shorter games like Rock Band 2, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, etc.  On Saturday and Sunday, however, is when I pop out the Fallout 3's and Dead Space's of the world. Even with these 2.5 days I have, it ends up fine for me, and I end up playing a lot of kick-ass games in the short amount of time between study and sleep.
    Abstract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Abstract

I guess the finer point isn't that I am upset with the games that I am playing, but when I was younger I would be able to play two RPGs in the span of a month, and now a single RPG takes me 3 months.  This ends up changing my buying habits.  I would have liked to buy both Fallout 3 and Fable 2, but I knew that it would take me months to finish either, so I ended up only buying one.  And while it is tempting to say "now I can go buy Fable," in the span of time that I have been playing Fallout other games have come up (or will be soon) that pre-empt Fable.  So in the end I buy less "hardcore" games than I used to, not because I necessarily play less games over all, but rather because I can spend less continuous time playing a game, so the style of games I buy has changed as a result.  I am excited about Killzone 2, but I know I am going to buy Street Fighter 4 because it can be parsed down to a shorter experience so I can fit it in better.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

^ Good point.  It is a shame that two awesome RPG's had to release in such a short timespan, but it's the holidays, that's all.  However, if it is anymore reassuring, Fable 2 is not that long of a game. In fact,  if you just plow through it, it can be about 10 hours.  So, if you can muster the time between now and SFIV, it is worth the look.  Still, SFIV seems like the game that fits your schedule more because, you know, it is a fighting game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.