Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 29, 2000

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (ペルソナ2 罰) is the second part of the overarching Persona 2 story and the third game in the overall Persona series.

No love for Persona 2?

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By uberpwner93

Being has how the game is somewhat rare I have not played it, but with the Persona 1 remake on the PSP, it seems there might be hope for P2 to have a remake, right? Well it doesn't look like it. Persona 3 is getting a Re-Re-Release on the PSP, skipping over P2 completely.

Can someone tell me if Atlus has said anything about a P2 remake? Or is it something that will never be?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @uberpwner93: If they make a remake of just EP and not IS, many people'd be lost cause EP's the second game of the P2 games. Unless they release P2 with IS and EP, and if they do hopefully they don't take out the stuff that made it unreleasable in the US.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uberpwner93

Well yeah. Of course. I just used EP for the post, but I totally agree. I hope they make it a dual release package and put back the original stuff.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @uberpwner93: I wouldn't mind seeing a complete remake, like keeping gameplay the same but make it 3D, Voice acting and use P3/4 engine.
    uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uberpwner93
    @SmashedControllers:  Neither would I, but I would want to play it the way that people played it the way it came out, and since P2 is sorta rare, a remake like the P1 remake would be best, IMO.
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @uberpwner93: I just finished Innocent Sin and are starting EP, so I'm and tried of the look but yeah.
    uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uberpwner93
    @SmashedControllers: I understand being tired of it. I'm not even 2 hours into Persona (2009) and I'm already tired of the look. Heh.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By iamjohn

Considering Persona PSP sold WAY above expectations (it has sold about 160k units in Japan, where Atlus was expecting to sell 50k), I'd be surprised if Persona 2: The Whole Bloody Affair for PSP wasn't in the cards.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uberpwner93
    @iAmJohn: This really gets my hopes up. Does Atlus' website have that kind of information? Like sales?
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iamjohn
    @uberpwner93 said:

" @iAmJohn: This really gets my hopes up. Does Atlus' website have that kind of information? Like sales? "

Got it from this article posted on the boards last week: 

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/06/well-how-many-copies-did-persona-4-and-devil-survivor-sell/     
    uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uberpwner93
    @iAmJohn: Ok man, thanks!
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iamjohn

Also in the "for what it's worth" category: someone in the thread about P4's sales (it's on the P4 board) said that apparently, Fes only sold 11,000 copies in the US.  Which sounds fuckin' crazy and insanely low until you consider that Atlus only expected to sell 5,000 copies.  How do they do it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.