Do you think this will get a QL?

#1 Posted by Bocam (3821 posts) -

#2 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Only obvious answer is C. It was Game of the Century material and Giantbomb didn't even give it a chance.

#3 Posted by Bocam (3821 posts) -

So considering there's a full play-through of Persona 4 available on the site, do you think the guys will take a look at this?

#4 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19386 posts) -

Why not? It's a high profile game and they do QLs of high profile games. If they don't, it's probably because it's a Vita game and they don't have the tools to make QLs of those games. They could also just play through the beginning of the game and comment on what's different compared to the PS2 version.

#5 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (959 posts) -

No, because they still don't have Vita capture equipment.

#6 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

Yup , when they get one they'll make QL for it I'm sure even though none of those guys seem to be interest in a Vita.

#7 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5089 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

#8 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

I think so too, they haven't done one since the launch lineup coverage. Wonder if they even have a good place for over-the-shoulder shooting at the new office.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I think they'll figure out some way to do a quick look of this game, capture equipment or not.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yes, but it'll have to be with Patrick and Alex. I don't care that he lives on the East Coast; you can't have anybody else doing it.

#11 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

I voted "Yes", mostly because I think both Jeff and Vinny are well aware of how popular the P4 ER is/was, and they usually enjoy giving their users what they want. And to those saying "No, because they don't have any Vita capture equipment"; the game isn't released for another 4 months, and I'd like to think the dudes would get their office up to snuff before then. Then again, they've been at their new office for months now, and it still feels like they just moved in. :P

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Nope. I don't think it's a good game to QL after the past history that they have with P4. I'm sure that they're tired of Persona 4 by now as well as the Vita os i doubt that they'll do a QL. I want to be wrong, but i wouldn't get my hopes up.

#13 Edited by Seroth (726 posts) -

Yeah, though it'd be kind of a shame if it was just the super-long intro (unless they fixed that in the Vita version). They'd probably have to play for an hour+ just to get to the part where it's a game (as can be seen through the Endurance Run) and they can show off the changes ... but I kind of want them to record that initial hour, just reminiscing about the original game, and blah blah blah.

#14 Posted by Gaff (1879 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

This.

And though I do think that Persona 4 has a special place in all of our (and Jeff and Vinny's) hearts, I do think it's time to move on. So, no.

#15 Posted by Hyuzen (467 posts) -

I bet they do an endurance run of it, I think its one of those games that would suit an endurance run well, like Chrono Trigger and Deadly Premonition

#16 Edited by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

I would have to think they would given the history of the Persona 4 franchise on Giant Bomb. Why wouldn't they?

#17 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Im betting they will, if only to make another "Endurance Look" Joke.

#18 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Depends how the game and if it's changes are easily represented in a QL since a bunch of the game is extra story and voice acting stuff and i don;t really think any of us need to see more of that given how much of the stuff is already covered in the ER.

Be koolbeans with em either way.

#19 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

I'd like to think yes but something tells me they won't. A bad hunch I guess.

#20 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

They fucking better. That game is part of giantbomb's DNA. That and dubstep. 

#21 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

@Gaff said:

@Taku128 said:

This.

And though I do think that Persona 4 has a special place in all of our (and Jeff and Vinny's) hearts, I do think it's time to move on. So, no.

Move on? Its not like they would be doing another Endurance Run of it. It would simple be like any other quick look; they would show off the game and talk about its new features. Now you could make an argument that because of large persona 4 is, it would be hard to show case some of the new features, such as the winter stuff, and would making doing a quick look pointless.

#22 Posted by wemibelec90 (1828 posts) -

It would depend on two things. They would have to first figure out the whole "capturing Vita footage" thing, like Jeff has already said. And one of them would have to play it enough to get past the beginning stuff, because why would they bother showing that.

#23 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

I hope so.

They'll probably have a psychotic break in the middle of it.

#24 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

Nope, not unless Sony gives out capture kits for the Vita.

#25 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Probably not since they don't have Vita capture gear.

#26 Posted by Marokai (3141 posts) -

If they do, I half expect it to be Ryan and Patrick or something. The legacy of Persona 4 on this site only seems to grate on Jeff more and more as time passes.

#27 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Don't know why you guys are talking about Vita capture gear when every Vita game Quick Look so far was done over-the-shoulder. Obviously, it can happen despite the staff openly acknowledging how shitty it is. Given the history the original game is to the site, why wouldn't they? And, even more obviously, it will be met with dozens, if not hundreds, of comments suggesting that they do an "Extended Play" of it. Given the tendency of this type of comment, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. But, if they didn't? I bet your ass there will be forum threads berating them for one.

Me, personally, I think it would be cool if they did. If they didn't, I'll admit I would be a little disappointed but, hey, I'm getting that game because I have zero shit to play on my Persona 4 Golden Machine when Persona 4 Golden isn't even out yet and I just finished Persona 3 Portable on it.

#28 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

Yes. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. I guess? Why the fuck is this being asked? Why am I participating?

...I'm going to bed.

#29 Posted by wewantsthering (1593 posts) -

I think people voting read it as do you want them to do a QL, not will they. :-)

#30 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Yeah. I figure they'll have Vita capture gear by that point.

#31 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I think they have to do it, it also has to be Jeff and Vinny, with Jeff playing!

#32 Posted by Wudz (12 posts) -

I assume that there won't be one, since everything they've shown has been later game content. Somehow I doubt that either Jeff or Vinny want to replay the majority of the game to show off the new stuff. Maybe one of the others will if they haven't gotten to play it themselves, but I bet there's Persona fatigue.

#33 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

I don't think it would be sup easy to show off the changes from the original game in a quick look, so probably not, but it is possible.

#34 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

If they have Vita recording equipment by then, yes but as of now, no.

#35 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11381 posts) -

It's a PS Vita game, right? I'm pretty sure Jeff said they aren't doing any Vita coverage until they find a way to get video directly out of the thing.

#36 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I think it's a given that it'll get SOME kind of coverage(Remember the Japanese Catherine demo, when everyone came on for it?).

There must be some kind of capture kit in the new office somewhere.

#37 Posted by Scrawnto (2465 posts) -

It would be kinda funny if the QL started, they heard one line from Chie with the wrong voice, and then they immediately ended it.

#38 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

Don't know why you guys are talking about Vita capture gear when every Vita game Quick Look so far was done over-the-shoulder. Obviously, it can happen despite the staff openly acknowledging how shitty it is. Given the history the original game is to the site, why wouldn't they?

Because like you said, it would be really shitty and do a disservice to showing off the game. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why they haven't done a single Vita Quick Look since the launch livestream.

#39 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

No matter what, no one will be happy on the outcome of a Quick Look unless there is some capture gear for the Persona 4 Golden Machine.

#40 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12103 posts) -

Most of the new content is supposedly near the end of the game, right? I'm not entirely sure what they would gain from doing a QL of something that they already played for 100+ hours, especially if there is no vita capture gear.

On the other hand, listening to them flip out when they hear Chie's new voice being integrated back into the game.... that could be pretty good.

#41 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

Oeps, thought this was the Persona fighting game so I said Yes. Didn't know the Vita was getting a persona 4 remake.

#42 Posted by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

If they can get a Vita capture equipment than I bet they will.

#43 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -

No, but I bet someone will talk about it on the Bombcast.

#44 Posted by BAM (16 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

The US version of the game is 4-5 months away. You don't think they'll have the necessary equipment by then?

#45 Posted by sungahymn (1038 posts) -

They'll have to...right?

#46 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (959 posts) -

@BAM said:

@Taku128 said:

The US version of the game is 4-5 months away. You don't think they'll have the necessary equipment by then?

If Sony hasn't cared about the Vita enough to get capture equipment out at this point I don't think that'll change in four to five months.

#47 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Just to fuck with us they will make Brad and Patrick do it.

#48 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Here is some good news:

#49 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19386 posts) -

@rjayb89: How is that good news (or any news at all)? They had already stated that an HDMI-out Vita thing existed that wasn't available to the media on the day the Vita launched and it doesn't confirm a QL of P4G if it's ever made available, either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.