Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

The new fanservice is gross.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Animasta

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

If there isn't Dojima bending Adachi over a desk and letting him have it, then I'm not interested.

Pfffffttttft. Adachi would totally be on top.

surely there has to be a doujin of this right

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By ervonymous

@Animasta said:

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

If there isn't Dojima bending Adachi over a desk and letting him have it, then I'm not interested.

I guess you could just flip it upside down.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#103  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I dunno. It just seems like typical Japanese anime pandering to its otaku audience. Not a big deal. Just use whatever costumes that do not offend you and skip the cutscenes that are mere fan service.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By mutha3

@Animasta said:

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

YO HOOK US UP

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Karmosin

Ehm... Yeah it's too bad that they felt compelled to put in more ecchi-stuff. The original had some, but it didn't feel that bad really, it was mostly played for laughs and for effect in the TV-world sequences. But yeah.... Those outfits are... Wrong...

Those tuxedos looks friggin awesome though, will totally rock that if I ever get the game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By Justin258

@ervonymous said:

By virtue of them adding more content to the game didn't you expect that to include some haphazardly rendered buttocks as well? This ain't exactly Battlefield, skimpy clothes and a couple bonus creepy scenes seem par for the course.

What's actually weird is that they made fusing demons so effortless.

I don't want to see this in Battlefield, but I definitely want to see the reaction to something like this in Battlefield. All the military dudes stop for a hot tub scene? And then the reaction from all of the insecure Middle and High school kids? Ha, that'd be hilarious.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Turambar

Didn't we already have a thread on this very issue for P4Golden a while back?  Anyways, since the iirc, male characters also have costumes that are tiny speedos, I don't have much of a problem with it.  Unnecessary?  Sure.  But so are the outfits that you consider great looking like the MIB suits.  

And really, who is going to be using anything other than the Super Sentai outfits?

Edit: also, for the bathhouse images, who is that 5th girl in the third picture?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#108  Edited By Phatmac

I hope Jeff sees this stuff and gets really angry at it. I agree with you Flux, this stuff is gross. Why Japan, why?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I find the lack of people bothered by this to be disturbing.

Anime fans...

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mutha3

@Turambar said:

Didn't we already have a thread on this very issue for P4Golden a while back?

You're probably thinking of the spoiler thread.

(and word on the Sentai thing.)

also, for the bathhouse images, who is that 5th girl in the third picture?

Marie.

@PeasantAbuse said:

I find the lack of people bothered

Did you even read this thread?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Turambar
    @Animasta said:

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

Not quite the same, but ask and you shall recieve.

http://adachi-dojima.livejournal.com/
    ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ervonymous

@believer258 said:

@ervonymous said:

By virtue of them adding more content to the game didn't you expect that to include some haphazardly rendered buttocks as well? This ain't exactly Battlefield, skimpy clothes and a couple bonus creepy scenes seem par for the course.

I don't want to see this in Battlefield, but I definitely want to see the reaction to something like this in Battlefield. All the military dudes stop for a hot tub scene? And then the reaction from all of the insecure Middle and High school kids? Ha, that'd be hilarious.

Now that's an expansion I'd buy a season pass for.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Yeah, fuck that noise. Goes against the tone of the original game completely. It panders to the creepy otaku that many anime are getting made for these days.

Why else would they add those? As a massive Persona 4 fan I have absolutely no desire to see that and the characters would never go into battle dressed like that.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Turambar
    @believer258 said:

@ervonymous said:

Someone find the Bombcast clip where they staff read an e-mail that included a Marcus/Dom kiss scene, stat.
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#115  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I like fanservice so I'm OK with this.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#116  Edited By rjayb89

I knew they were all very dirty girls on the inside.

Especially Chie
    Especially Chie
    Term

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Term

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Yeah, fuck that noise. Goes against the tone of the original game completely. It panders to the creepy otaku that many anime are getting made for these days.

Why else would they add those? As a massive Persona 4 fan I have absolutely no desire to see that and the characters would never go into battle dressed like that.

Swimming at the school camp out, the strip club dungeon and Rise's Shadow, the beauty pageant and the hot springs afterwards...

I agree it's pandering, but to say it's out of place in the game is a bit disingenuous.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Term said:

the strip club dungeon and Rise's Shadow

You've gotta be kidding with this example.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mutha3
    @Term said:

The strip club dungeon and Rise's Shadow

...Nah.
    artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Yeah, flat asses are gross. Chies up Naotos down.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By SuperWristBands

Stuff in the OP definitely seems unnecessary and that Naoto outfit is just terrible regardless of how awkward it is in the narrative.

That being said, everyone is suits is fucking amazing.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Term said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Swimming at the school camp out, the strip club dungeon and Rise's Shadow, the beauty pageant and the hot springs afterwards...

I agree it's pandering, but to say it's out of place in the game is a bit disingenuous.

It's a tone thing. The strip club and rise shadow are theere for character devolpment. Very well handled in fact. The beauty pageant is a funny aside that no one in the game takes seriously. The hot springs I don't remember.

These costumes come across as otaku pandering.

Term

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Term

@FluxWaveZ: @mutha3: While it does have narrative justification, you can't really deny that it sexualizes Rise? I mean, that's kind of the entire point.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Term said:

@FluxWaveZ: @mutha3: While it does have narrative justification, you can't really deny that it sexualizes Rise? I mean, that's kind of the entire point.

She is not sexualized for the us, the audience of the game. That is how she feels she is viewed by others.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By mutha3
    @Term said:

@FluxWaveZ: @mutha3: I mean, that's kind of the entire point.

Exactly.

I take issue with calling that pandering or saying it was uncalled for in the context of the game.  Your other examples are just plain ol' anime pandering, this one isn't.
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126  Edited By ChrisTaran

Meh. No opinion either way, but certainly not 'gross'.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#127  Edited By golguin

You must be new to anime or something. That is all very tame stuff. I also hate to be that guy, but that stuff was posted here a while back and I don't think people really cared.

Term

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Term

@ImmortalSaiyan: It's still portraying her as a sex object. I don't see much of a distinction in that regard.

@mutha3: I probably should have worded it better. You're right in that it wasn't necessarily pandering, but it fits with them sexualizing teenagers.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@golguin said:

You must be new to anime or something. That is all very tame stuff. I also hate to be that guy, but that stuff was posted here a while back and I don't think people really cared.

1. Point me to the thread discussing this issue, because for all I know they were posted in the "Spoiler" thread. Not a thread aimed at a general audience.
    2. No, I am not new to anime. I'm not sure you read the OP, since I explained perfectly well why I am not a fan of this kind of content in regards to Persona 4.
    Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#130  Edited By Flappy

Like some others said, I'll just pick and choose what I want to wear. The skimpy stuff for the females? Probably not. The suits, on the other hand? Hell yeah!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Term said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: It's still portraying her as a sex object. I don't see much of a distinction in that regard.

@mutha3: I probably should have worded it better. You're right in that it wasn't necessarily pandering, but it fits with them sexualizing teenagers.

I see that as a massive difference. The reasoning behind it is what i'm referring to. Story relevence is different than being made entirely to ogle at.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By golguin

@FluxWaveZ said:

@golguin said:

1. Point me to the thread discussing this issue, because for all I know they were posted in the "Spoiler" thread. Not a thread aimed at a general audience.
    2. No, I am not new to anime. I'm not sure you read the OP, since I explained perfectly well why I am not a fan of this kind of content in regards to Persona 4.

1. Yes, I am referring to the spoiler thread. Several people in the thread have already pointed that out, but I hadn't read through the whole thread yet.

2. Persona 4 already had fanservice. Now it has a bit more. None of it seems out of place.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@golguin said:

1. Yes, I am referring to the spoiler thread. Several people in the thread have already pointed that out, but I hadn't read through the whole thread yet.

2. Persona 4 already had fanservice. Now it has a bit more. None of it seems out of place.

1. And I've explained why the spoiler thread isn't open to a general audience to discuss this.
    2. Again, I explain that P4 already had fanservice in the OP. Read it.
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By golguin

@FluxWaveZ said:

@golguin said:

1. And I've explained why the spoiler thread isn't open to a general audience to discuss this.

1. Persona 4 isn't a general audience game. It's always been niche. It just happened to go past and new people are wondering why this and that are shown who are not familiar with typical anime tropes. I suggest you take a trip to the anime discussion thread in the off topic forum if you really want to see stuff to get upset about. Persona 4 is a lot of things. It's also fanservice.

2. I read your opening post from the very beginning. I stand by my comment by your reaction to this.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By golguin

If it makes you feel any better I recently watched Dance In The Vampire Bund and I said that it was unfortunate that it had a character that looked like a little girl being naked in several scenes, but I accepted it. High School of the Dead is another one that has elements that take away its chances at having a wider appeal.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@golguin:

1. I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It's a spoiler thread. Even I, who has the most posts in the P4G forums, has been avoiding that thread because I've been avoiding spoilers. This is why it's just been brought to my attention and why I'm just making this thread. The reason I can guarantee you that there's more discussion on the topic in this thread compared to the other is because: this is this thread's main topic and that people can enter it without fear of spoilers.
    2. And alright, I am perfectly fine with that since that's your opinion. My opinion is that this is different than some of the fanservice material in the first game.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#137  Edited By Bocam

@mutha3 said:

@Animasta said:

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

YO HOOK US UP

Google "[OSOVA] With [ENG] [Yaoi]" It's the only English Dojima/Adachi doujin I could find

@FluxWaveZ said:

@golguin said:

I find it weird how "sexual" P4G is in comparison to the original game.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#138  Edited By Mcfart

As long as I can get my party members to wear top hats, I'm happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

Yeah, but Dojima is a power bottom

Term

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Term

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@golguin said:

I'd argue it's not that much more sexual at all. Sexual themes run strongly throughout the original. It's an M rated game with no gore, afterall. The only real difference is the new throwaway outfits.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By david3cm

I am surprised by how ok the people on this message board are with the sexualization of underage girls. Personally i find this pretty gross.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Bocam

@Term said:

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@golguin said:

I'd argue it's not that much more sexual at all. Sexual themes run strongly throughout the original. It's an M rated game with no gore, afterall. The only real difference is the new throwaway outfits.

Almost all of the new S.Link scenes are sexual in nature.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#143  Edited By nightriff

I always use the best armor not matter what, so when I come across better armor I use it. Same thing happened in P3P, they had the swimsuit armor on for a brief period and eventually upgraded, its not that big of an issue. The bath house stuff.....more questionable, depends how long it lasts really.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Hunter5024

@david3cm said:

I am surprised by how ok the people on this message board are with the sexualization of underage girls. Personally i find this pretty gross.

Well they aren't real girls, so I don't really understand what there is to be up in arms about when it comes to their age. It's not like anime characters ever look their age anyways.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Voxus

BUTTCRACK POLICE

Seriously people, this isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Did anyone actually use the maid outfits in FES anyway?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By mutha3
    @Bocam said:

@mutha3 said:

@Animasta said:

@mutha3 said:

@Laurentech said:

YO @Bocam HOOK US UP

Google "[OSOVA] With [ENG] [Yaoi]" It's the only English Dojima/Adachi doujin I could find

See? I knew I could count on him.

@Term

said:

The only real difference is the new throwaway outfits.

And the huge increase in waifu scenes and creepy scenes where the girls are naked for no reason.

@Hunter5024

said:

. It's not like anime characters ever look their age anyways.

Depends on the style.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Bocam

@Hunter5024 said:

@david3cm said:

Well they aren't real girls, so I don't really understand what there is to be up in arms about when it comes to their age. It's not like anime characters ever look their age anyways.

Also by Japan's standards they are not underage.

Term

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Term

@Bocam: So were the lover's route Rank 10's and the Christmas event. It's nothing new. (Actually, I don't remember how sexual the Rank 10's were in P4, but they were for sure in P3)

Edit: Bleh, this thread moves fast.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#149  Edited By musubi

All this hub bub reminds me I bought P3FES on PSN and have never touched it. I should get to that....then again I have about a dozen JRPG's on PS3 that I have yet to touch.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By toowalrus

I've played/watched just about everything P4 has to offer at this point, so my immediate reaction was "I KNOW these girls, and this definitely isn't something they'd be into!" ...but after thinking about it for a bit, I doesn't really bother me. The suits are optional, and there's such a variety of new armor that I feel like they're probably just trying to put something in for everybody, not just lure people in with sex. I'm not sure what the context is for the bathhouse scene, but it doesn't really seem much more out-of-place than the hot springs scene (especially in the Anime). This is my first time seeing this stuff, and while it might be slightly disappointing, I'm not going to condemn it, I'm still just as excited as ever for P4:G.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.