Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

Persona Live Stream Event 2015 Announced for February 4th

• 163 results
    jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seeing a LOT of transportation motifs. Highways, subways, overpasses made up the entire trailer.

And we're getting characters with possibly supernatural abilities besides summoning Personas? The protagonist is some kind of master thief?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Awesome! And at the end there it seemed like he would wear the Persona as an armored suit. Not too far off from my fantasy of a Persona 4-2 where they ride their personas like mechs..

I hope the look of those menus and style of those scenes are fully represantative of the game because DAAAAMN!

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By SpunkyHePanda
    @jacksukeru said:

I hope the look of those menus and style of those scenes are fully represantative of the game because DAAAAMN!

Right?? The menus, man, the menus!

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! And at the end there it seemed like he would wear the Persona as an armored suit. Not too far off from my fantasy of a Persona 4-2 where they ride their personas like mechs..

This game looks like it's going to ooze style. Glad to see the engine from Catherine being put to good use!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@corevi: If it was that close I feel like they would've told us.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't know how to post gifs, but they have the menus on gaf and they look insane. Art direction off the charts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986105&page=8

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024: This game definitely wins the "Best Styyyyyyle" category in 2015 (or 2016) (assuming anyone on the GB staff plays it)

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By Bobstar

Although I do agree with everyone saying that it looks like this game is gonna have some styyyyyyle, I'm not sure I'm digging the Catherine like style :/

The protagonist looks pretty badass though.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Did I see the Catherine dude in that trailer?

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hollitz said:
    @aegon said:

@ford_dent said:

@spunkyhepanda said:

Yosuke sucks.

Damn right he does. YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE GARBAGE WHERE I FIRST SAW YOU, YOSUKE

I'm not sure how you can like Persona 4 if you hate Yosuke. So much of the story is delivered through him.

It's easy. Persona 4 is one of my favorite games and I despise Yosuke. He's generic and an annoyingly relentless homophobe. The only worse character is Junpei.

I don't know,Junpei has got nothing on Yosuke in terms of all round shittiness for me. I mean, fuck that guy, but I don't feel the same level of hate that Yosuke manages to achieve. But enough about that shit, let's talk about that trailer!

The stylized look of the trailer caused my mind to draw comparisons to Killer 7 or No More Heroes, and holy shit am I into that. The stealth sequences intrigue me, the menu design looks fucking wonderful, and the three characters shown (plus I guess the cat) look alright. Also: Masked vigilantes are cool. This looks cool. I need to see more combat. Turning into your Persona could be a pretty cool thing!

A bit miffed there wasn't a release date at the end. Did they release that separately somewhere else?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Tried to stay up for the last event, passed out. Trailer looks fucking rad. I like all the character designs, gameplay looks nuts, and I'm all about that styyyle.

Let the year of stealth games which are the fifth mainline game in their series commence!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the Payday 2 devs declared this to be the Year of the Heists, I figured they were just talking about Battlefield Hardline and Rainbow 6 Siege. I had no idea Persona was getting in on the game!

But seriously, that looked absolutely incredible!

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.