Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

Worth playing first 2 for the story?

dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dogman795

The end of Persona 4 Arena makes me feel like they're finally tying all the games together more than they had before, so that makes me think I should play the first few games to learn more about the story.

I know a little bit about the story in both (well there are technically 3 i guess) games, but I am oblivious to any specifics. I've seen gameplay of the battles in P1 and P2 and was never quite sold on it, but I think i'd be able to get used to it with time. I was thinking that, once/if ever the remake of Eternal Punishment comes to the US, I'd get both that and Innocent Sin, as well as the remake of P1 while I'm at it, but given that it's a PSP game, they may not bring it over now that the Vita's been around awhile.

Another question i have is: I've heard some places that EP takes place in an alternate universe from IS, and if that's true, I'd just get IS and forget about waiting, but some places just say that the characters get amnesia and the same story is continued. So, without spoiling too much, which one's true?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Here's my advice regarding the early games: SKIP THE SHIT OUT OF THE FIRST ONE. You will miss absolutely nothing. Start with Innocent Sin, and you will be better for it.

LOTR_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By LOTR_Dan

The PSP version of Persona 2 is both of the games I believe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.