Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Super mini PSO japnese lessons for americans.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Cubical

Post your Japanese pso phrases here.

From playing with japanese players on dreamcast pso I have figured out the following as they have told me.

W just that a W. in english character you will see W popup in word bubbles all the time this is Japanese slang for Warai american translation it stands for LULZ or LOL.

If you die and you see tons of W all over the place they are laughing at you probabley maybe.

onsen 温泉 They call this the healing ring or any other healing device. so if they are screaming onsen to you they want you to show up at the healing device. this also can me boss room but most the time its not. AKA any boss room with a water pool hot spring or waterfall.

Like I said mini you get 2 things

until I find my PSO japanese notes from 10+ years ago from the PC dreamcast xbox and gamecube psos and final fnatasy 11 and my book from my japanese high school class this is all I can remember.

Oh and the new pso swords are really easy to make in 3d studio max or maya because the blade is so jaggy and low poly that is like a 1 to 4 jagged polygons blade probabley would not have to use turbosmooth or meshsmoothing on it either here is the art you know how to make blueprints/guides with them if somebody wants to make the remake swords I dont have time.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xbob42

I kept seeing "大丈夫?" from the PSE NPCs and had to look it up.

Apparently it is NOT the story about "how there was a guy, then he got a boner, then he got a hula-hoop," but instead means "Okay?"

Apparently without the question mark it means "All right," which is pretty much "Okay," but if I look up "Okay," without the question mark it becomes "良し," but that's not the same "Okay" as "良い," which means "Okay," as an adjective, like it's an okay day today.

In short, fuck Japanese.

lotusamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lotusamurai

@xbob42: The 良し and 良い are both not really used anymore, at least with the kanzi forms (the version with complicated characters). 良い is just よい/いい (yoi/ii) which means good/ok. You can use 大丈夫(daizyoubu) and いい in the same sense and they pretty much mean the same thing. For instance if you want to say something is okay just say "大丈夫ですよ。" or "いいですよ。" There's a small difference but not much. Hopefully that helped you understand it a little better.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xbob42

Now I just want to jump off a bridge and die horribly.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands

@xbob42 said:

Apparently it is NOT the story about "how there was a guy, then he got a boner, then he got a hula-hoop," but instead means "Okay?"

LMAO! I will never be able to see daijoubu the same. It's too bad he lost the boner after getting the hola hoop. A true tragedy.

Avatar image for farbelowaverage
    Farbelowaverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Farbelowaverage

If I ever am forced to create an alphabet, one character will definitely be a hula-hoop on an erection, animated. It'd work really well on computers, but for written text you'd have to include a flipbook every time you used the equivalent of an O.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By xymox

@xbob42 said:

I like your version better. But the first one is actually right if I remember correctly; it's the kanji for person?

ah, no. That would be 人. Hm.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Pepsiman

外人のユーザーがゲームだけによって基本的な日本語の単語を他のソースなしで習おうとするスレッドを見つけるたびに、実際にどれぐらい役に立つか、そしてものすごく具体的な状況以外に生かせるのかを疑わずにはいられない。文脈で新しい言葉とか文法を習うのがよくもないと同時に、自分に気にさせるものだ。それだけであまり進めるわけがないよな、このままでいわゆる日本語の勉強を続けると。

もし誰かネットでこの投稿の英訳を調べたら、ゲラゲラ笑うにちがいない。フフッ

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xbob42

@Pepsiman:

私は多くの馬の笑いを得た。

amena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By amena

Seems the paisas are having fun with you. =P

And Pepsiman... maybe you should let them have their fun.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By superpow

This is the most Japanese I've seen on Giant bomb!

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

translated some of the more useful options in quick menu(default: middle mouse button)

No Caption Provided

also if you tap autorun key twice you will auto-follow the closest player/NPC you're aiming at

of course the pathfinding is weird like any other MMO, but it's kinda useful if you have to answer phone or take a leak during quest

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.