Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pikmin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 26, 2001

The intrepid Captain Olimar crash-lands on a mysterious planet. With the help of strange creatures called Pikmin, Olimar must escape the planet within thirty days before his life support expires.

Did you reload days?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I was just curious, did you play Pikmin all the way through and not give your self second chances on days, or did you cave and reload the save allowing you to do the day again?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF

@NekuSakuraba: I re-did a couple of days. I used the time to familiarize myself with a level an plan my approach accordingly. Sometimes I reloaded when I messed up a battle or accidentally had a lot red or yellow Pikmin drown (they should know better than to follow me into the water).

Btw, I just beat the game a few minutes ago (finally! ... had a copy laying around for years and didn't touch it!)) and holy f'ing shit!

The final part, the one that has you fight a massive boss that requires you to sacrifice a shitload of Pikmin to take him down -- IS A SAFE?! ... or more precisely A PIGGYBANK??! I had a serious WTF expression on my face! Olimar sacrificed hundreds of Pikmin (1089, according to the final stats screen) for $$$ and just didn't give a fuck. What a dick!
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Romination

First play-through I didn't, second one I did because if I'm not finding at least one part a day then I'm not doing it right!

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

First play-through, yeah. I was 11 years-old and horrible at problem solving, though, so I got nowhere near the end. And that's some disappointing shit.

Came back to it a couple years later and just walkthroughd my whole way through it. Was far more satisfied.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunExplosions

Oh shit I just replied to a Neku thread. How did that happen? Someone burn my eyes.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Nope, ran it through again after I didn't get the good ending, was a blast to do and no achievement or trophy made me do it! Good times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.