Help me out first post any on the cheap ps2 game recomendations?

#1 Posted by henrykillenger (29 posts) -

I recently bought a ps2 off a friend and want to enjoy some gaming on the frugal side of things any suggestions. I enjoy feeling like a bigshot walking out of the gamestop with eight games. Anything quirky and weird is good, I enjoyed disaster report.  

Thank you. 

#2 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -

Dragon Quest 8 
Metal Gear Solid Bundle - saw Metal Gear Solid 1,2, and 3 all bundled together for only $20 today at Walmart (kind of hard to find tho) 
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 
Final Fantasy X 

#3 Posted by TurboMan (7400 posts) -

Psychonauts for the love of God.

#4 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, The Jak and Daxter series, Ratchet and Clank and the persona games.  

#5 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

All of the GTAs, especially Vice City. I also really enjoyed SSX Tricky. 

#6 Posted by Linkin10362 (602 posts) -

If you like a weird game, try out Indigo Prophecy. It's pretty good and weird.

#7 Posted by frsty13 (85 posts) -

Shadow of the Colossus, Psychonauts, Persona 4, and the very first Katamari Damacy (not any of the others) are all must buys.

#8 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

As far as quirky and weird, it's hard to say. There's Katamari Damacy. Basically you roll everything in the world into a ball. There's also Alien Hominid, REZ, and Space Channel 5. If you want to look into really weird, then check out Drakengard. One of the endings to the game has giant babies in the sky that you have to kill. Anyways, some of those games are on the cheap. Last I checked REZ is going for around $30 used. If you want cheap, check out the RPG scene. Take a look at my PS2 list. I have a lot of decent RPG's on there.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Resident Evil 4, Manhunt

#10 Edited by lokilaufey (244 posts) -

as far as odd/quirky goes... Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, Katamari Damacy, Okage, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Space Channel 5 Special Edition

#11 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

All of the Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Raccoon games. Great platformers- something that this generation is sorely missing.

#12 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

#13 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

gran turismo 4 is pretty good.

#14 Posted by face15 (1274 posts) -

Everything on the PS2 is cheap now. 
In terms of good games, you can't go wrong with the Ratchet and Clank series. 
Dude, seriously, I'm gonna go play some Ratchet and Clank; I'll get that Crack in Time platinum. 

#15 Edited by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Surprised no one said Persona 4 yet.

EDIT: NVM

Budokai 3

#16 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
These. Plus Silent Hill 2 and 3
#17 Posted by ch3burashka (5009 posts) -

Just google "best ps2 games". Most of them are 10 bucks at Gamestop/Amazon.

#18 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Rygar: The Legendary Adventure, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

#19 Posted by henrykillenger (29 posts) -

Thank you guys for all the suggestions, I'll probably check out all of them. I asked the employee at gamestop if God Hand was any good and he said, do you like a game where two dudes 69ning is there fighting style? I said ......... HELL YEAH!!!!!  

Thanks again. 

#20 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

Persona 3 and Nocturne will last you for about 100+ hours together.

#21 Posted by Jeust (10477 posts) -

Persona 4, Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Final Fantasy XII... to name a few.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.