Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Apparently the PS4 is Crytek's next-gen console of choice!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive
    http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/22/crytek-already-gushing-over-the-ps4/

Crytek are itching to get their hands on specifications for the PlayStation 4. The company's CEO, Cevat Yerli, gave his keynote at the start of the recent Game Convention in Asia, during which he stated that Crytek would be using the PS4 as a basis for future development. He calls it the most important machine of the next generation and states that "we are linking ourself to what the PS4 will take up as [its hardware] position; that is the console makeup that will drive all our research, so we cannot wait to know what the [machine] will be about. That's probably the most important missing information we have right now in our company."
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

That's the future man!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

More cell processors! More folding@home potential!

I wonder what they will have to say about the specifications of the next Xbox.

Yerli expects it to arrive in consumers' hands in 2011 or 2012, giving the PS3 a five or six year lifespan before his new younger brother arrives
    I hope this is true, I am not ready for next-generation consoles for a few good years.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
    brukaoru said:
    "More cell processors! More folding@home potential!

I wonder what they will have to say about the specifications of the next Xbox.
    Yerli expects it to arrive in consumers' hands in 2011 or 2012, giving the PS3 a five or six year lifespan before his new younger brother arrives
    I hope this is true, I am not ready for next-generation consoles for a few good years."
    i was talking about this on gamespot and all the dorks got all mad like "OMG why you talking about PS4 already, how Dare you, IM  BIG FAG!" okay minus the last part. but come on now, i thought it was cool news. 3-5 years would be the expected time for a new ps imo, not 5-10 year like the morons over at gamepot said. if sony waited 5 year from now, we'd be waiting untill 2013, nah dawg. aint happenin, let alone 2018!
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brukaoru

I don't understand why people get so upset talking about the next-generation of consoles. As soon as the current systems are released, the next versions are being planned. Still amazing to see how many people get all upset when news articles release about the next-gen systems being worked on, those people still don't understand that those things are planned in advance for quite awhile.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DeadlyPain

jumping the gun there alittle, cryteks says the ps4 will be the gaming machine of the future....They don't even know the specs of it yet, thats a bald clamin there making there
    i hope they make the right decision

i personaly can't wait for the next gen of consoles, i always welcome the competition those comapnys have with each other, it brings for better hardware, games etc
    Can't say crytek should pave its way for just one console, but still, wish them the best with it.

PS4 better not end up being an overpriced, overrated piece of shit like ps3 when it first came out, i hope they learned from there mistake :D
    Goodluck Sony, finally give microsoft some Good competition for once ;)

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By PenguinNerd

I'm really interested to see just what kind of power is going to be behind the next wave of systems.  Nothing wrong with talking about the future consoles.  But man if they are already saying that the PS4 is their basis for future development then wow!  That's a pretty big statement.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

Sooo did I, or did I not just go out and buy a dead console?

I'm trying to think positive but man, every time I turn this console on I'm overwhelmed with this feeling of "something is fundamentally wrong here".

Nothing would comfort me more than getting flamed about how wrong I am.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Cool i guess, and good for the future ps4 ownerS.
    Personally i dont care, this is my last gen.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brukaoru
    ProfessorEss said:
    "Sooo did I, or did I not just go out and buy a dead console?

I'm trying to think positive but man, every time I turn this console on I'm overwhelmed with this feeling of "something is fundamentally wrong here".

Nothing would comfort me more than getting flamed about how wrong I am."
    I don't know what you mean. How did you buy a dead console? The PlayStation 3 still has many years left before PS4 releases. When the PS4 is released, the PS3 will still be being produced much like the PS2 is currently.

The PS4 was being developed before the Playstation 3 launched. The same thing goes for Nintendo and Microsoft, they have already been working on the next generation consoles.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    DeadlyPain said:
    "jumping the gun there alittle, cryteks says the ps4 will be the gaming machine of the future....They don't even know the specs of it yet, thats a bald clamin there making there

i personaly can't wait for the next gen of consoles, i always welcome the competition those comapnys have with each other, it brings for better hardware, games etc
    Can't say crytek should pave its way for just one console, but still, wish them the best with it.

PS4 better not end up being an overpriced, overrated piece of shit like ps3 when it first came out, i hope they learned from there mistake :D
    Goodluck Sony, finally give microsoft some Good competition for once ;)"
    they obviously know that since sony is already making 45nm cell chips, they're defintely already working on stuff much better. and who knows, maybe they REALLY like the ps3. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
    DeadlyPain said:
    "jumping the gun there alittle, cryteks says the ps4 will be the gaming machine of the future....They don't even know the specs of it yet, thats a bald clamin there making there

Goodluck Sony, finally give microsoft some Good competition for once ;)"
    pfft. finally some competition?? haha, 360 cant even come close to the amount of money sony has made from its consoles, the ps2 totally pwned xbox, and is currently pwning both the 360 and ps3. i think they get enough competition
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By giyanks22
    TwoOneFive said:
    "http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/22/crytek-already-gushing-over-the-ps4/

Crytek are itching to get their hands on specifications for the PlayStation 4. The company's CEO, Cevat Yerli, gave his keynote at the start of the recent Game Convention in Asia, during which he stated that Crytek would be using the PS4 as a basis for future development. He calls it the most important machine of the next generation and states that "we are linking ourself to what the PS4 will take up as [its hardware] position; that is the console makeup that will drive all our research, so we cannot wait to know what the [machine] will be about. That's probably the most important missing information we have right now in our company."
    "
    We might not even be alive when the PS4 comes out.....

Jk
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The Wii2 is going to be Nintendo's console of choice!

I just confirmed it.
    Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Tycoon

Why talk about PS4 when PSP should be next in line for a new handheld.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive

because the topic is about crytek talking about ps4, not psp

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By chililili

Crytek talked about this because they looked at sony's current console (ps3 biggest baddest machine with a cell processor) so they assumed that they will continue down that road and they are interested in making a big ass game for the ps4 because of that, something like a graphicla powerhouse. Of course sony could change its strategy pull a nintendo gimmicky machine or simply make a mid level machine like the 360.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By StaticFalconar

It's only been about 2 years since the PS3 came out. So if like all of crytek's game will be indevelopment for a long asss time.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

Is the next announcement that Sony is buying Crytek?  Or maybe Yerli is jockeying for a job at Sony after Crytek goes under?  Seriously...this is propaganda and nothing more, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that there is something else behind this story.  This whole thing just reeks of a PR stunt.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By kush
    MB said:
    "Is the next announcement that Sony is buying Crytek?  Or maybe Yerli is jockeying for a job at Sony after Crytek goes under?  Seriously...this is propaganda and nothing more, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that there is something else behind this story.  This whole thing just reeks of a PR stunt."
    I agree fully with this...as well as the PS3 being on a 30 year life-cycle too. The dude is doing nothing but a bunch of ass kissing. I also heard that the PS4 will upgrade Folding@Home...Folding@Home will literally cure cancer through the magical power of bluetooth!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.