Help Giant Bomb Get Trophy Support

• 71 results
#1 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

I know there's a couple of topics about the new Blog Share for Sony's site, but I felt like this one should be thrown out there. Everyone here loves GB's achievement tracking and we all know Trophy support was sadly yanked from us, so if you haven't already, go here and vote so that sooner or later we can also follow Trophies.

#2 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

Good job finding this, I really hope it happens.
Everyone vote yes!!!

#3 Posted by Spacetrucking (942 posts) -

I've a feeling that blog is being used as a place to collect ideas for a paid version of PSN. 

I support the call for a new API but internet petitions like that never work.

#4 Posted by TheHT (11524 posts) -

Hope they pay attention to this!

#5 Posted by Seedofpower (3937 posts) -

I wanted to vote yes but it wouldn't let me.

#6 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I don't really care and I'm the trophyhunter

#7 Posted by juanvaldes (186 posts) -

You need to be logged in.

#8 Posted by Bucketdeth (8024 posts) -

Yeah please everyone vote for this, I'd love to have this feature back on Giantbomb.

#9 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Done and Done.

#10 Posted by Warfare (1641 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" Done and Done. "

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (16016 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" Done and Done. "
#12 Posted by Kajaah117 (1070 posts) -
@Killjoi said:
" I've a feeling that blog is being used as a place to collect ideas for a paid version of PSN.  I support the call for a new API but internet petitions like that never work. "
I agree with the latter statement but since this is something official created by Playstation.blog, it's at least a few steps above an anonymous petition.
#13 Posted by Gnubberen (774 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" Done and Done. "
#14 Posted by juanvaldes (186 posts) -
@Kajaah117 said:
" @Killjoi said:
" I've a feeling that blog is being used as a place to collect ideas for a paid version of PSN.  I support the call for a new API but internet petitions like that never work. "
I agree with the latter statement but since this is something official created by Playstation.blog, it's at least a few steps above an anonymous petition. "
While I do agree with the skepticism, this is one of the more realistic and easily implemented features being requested. Most of these systems are already in place for internal purposes and for a brief few days were public.
#15 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

Done. 

Maybe it'll be enough of a push to finally collect all the shards in Infamous to get the platinum trophy.
#16 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

What the hell? There are more no votes?

#17 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Wait, Giantbomb had trophy support and then removed it? What? What gives?

#18 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero:

Sony got mad so they had to remove it.
#19 Posted by onimonkii (2449 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" Wait, Giantbomb had trophy support and then removed it? What? What gives? "
as far as i can remember sony basically cut them off. i still have my account synced from back when it was up but it never updates and i don't think anyone can see it but me.
#20 Posted by MrCellophane (524 posts) -
@Vager said:
" Done.  Maybe it'll be enough of a push to finally collect all the shards in Infamous to get the platinum trophy. "
#21 Posted by spankingaddict (2707 posts) -

will do

#22 Posted by StickShifter05 (46 posts) -

DONE, SON!

#23 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Awesome! Good job. Really been missing trophy support here on Giant Bomb.

#24 Posted by Pepsicolaboy (321 posts) -

Everyone should go and vote for this....NOW! 

Trophy support on GB was amazing, particularly for people like me who (for no particular reason) play a LOT more PS3 than they do 360....hence my rubbish gamerscore but suspiciously high frequency of A and B ranks or the PS3 games I got to sync before it went down..... 

Make it so!
#25 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Wtf. How the fuck does it have more people that are against it? What harm could this possibly do?

#26 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@FunExplosions: I agree, I am quite sad that it has more down votes. I really want trophy support on here now that I have a PS3 :(
#27 Edited by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -

Someone has already request that. No point flooding it with the same requests. Best to just sit back, relax and wait.

#28 Posted by onimonkii (2449 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" Wtf. How the fuck does it have more people that are against it? What harm could this possibly do? "
1842 votes, 1556 of them were positive, which means only 286 were against. math is fun.
#29 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@onimonkii: OOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see it now. They really did a poor job at placing those numbers. I just assumed the top+ was for and the bottom was against. I mean that is how it usually works >_> 

Well this is good to know either way, really hope we get trophy support back. Achievement tracking is prob my fav part of GB ^_^
#30 Posted by TheHT (11524 posts) -
@onimonkii said:
" @FunExplosions said:
" Wtf. How the fuck does it have more people that are against it? What harm could this possibly do? "
1842 votes, 1556 of them were positive, which means only 286 were against. math is fun. "
the total votes being beside the nay vote option makes quick glances deceptive. ;p
#31 Posted by raidingkvatch (1157 posts) -

Cool. Done, hope to see Giant Bomb tracking my trophies in due course

#32 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4778 posts) -

I hate to burst your guys bubbles but they all ready have this how do you think Giantbomb had the support before? there are quite a few 3rd party websites that use trophy information, while its not nearly as robust as achievement api and such its still there.
the reason Giantbomb was able then unable to acquire trophy info, Is because Sony is Actively refusing them access. *was able to get trophy info at one time now we are no longer*

so if any thing it should be a vote to allow giantbomb access, the leading theory is that Sony refused access because they got embarrassed Whiskey media particularly here has a better front end and api then Sony put out, I mean if you've taken a look at other 3rd party sites its often clunky and limited but Giantbomb took it and made a truly great front end and that made Sony angry they were surpassed.

#33 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5441 posts) -

Done!

#34 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@onimonkii said:
" @FunExplosions said:
1842 votes, 1556 of them were positive, which means only 286 were against. math is fun. "
Damn. I suck. Anyway, I just voted twice more with my two old names. Bumping this thread can't hurt, either.
#35 Posted by Andorski (5343 posts) -

Who the hell is voting down on this awesome idea?  And who the hell thinks that Kevin Butler being the presenter of Sony's E3 conference is more important?

#36 Posted by giancarlo123x (69 posts) -

I voted, hopefully they actually do this.

#37 Posted by deadly_polo (471 posts) -

Lets hope if they are reading everything on share (as they say they are), they can implement this

#38 Edited by Snail (8617 posts) -
@Vager said:

" Done.  Maybe it'll be enough of a push to finally collect all the shards in Infamous to get the platinum trophy. "

I totally feel the same way as you do.

Oh, and the link is broken. I get a "Page Not Found". But then again, the whole website seems to be broken, nothing seems to work there. Anyone else getting this?
#39 Posted by liquidsol (94 posts) -

Voted and signed. 

I would love if my trophies were tracked on GiantBomb, Raptr, and other sites.   If PSN wants to compete with XBL, an API would be a wonderful start.

#40 Edited by Liminality (444 posts) -

I voted yesterday, now it says "Page not found".

@Snail: Yes.

#41 Posted by VIGGO123 (553 posts) -

Sweet, consider it signed. I really don't get why Sony won't release this info, it works against building a community for the ps3 outside the official site, I don't know if such a site even exists. Is it possible that Sony wants total control over their community?

#42 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@Killjoi said:
" I've a feeling that blog is being used as a place to collect ideas for a paid version of PSN. "

That would be a shot in the foot at this moment, like a move last.fm did.

SIGNED

#43 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i hope this works. i really liked that part of this website when it was here for like a day. i wounder why sony doesn't want their trophy information not around.

#44 Edited by DaemonicGrim (184 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:

" What the hell? There are more no votes? "

it's just the way they display it, the overall number of votes is shown below and the number above is given a + or - according to the yes/no votes... so there's quite a few yes votes really :D
 *edit* alas, I should read past the first page before responding, everyone else has said this lots already :P
Also, done! Really hope they add this, it'll add a whole extra world of appeal to my ps3 for me... (sigh for me being an achievement junkie)
#45 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I don't feel like signing up.

#46 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -

Great find, I really want this, the tracker here is one of the best things about the site.

#47 Posted by MrCellophane (524 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" I don't feel like signing up. "
Dude, if you have a PSN ID you're already signed up. Just sign in with that.
#48 Posted by ezekielzero (183 posts) -

done

#49 Posted by Daroki (715 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
"Done and Done. "
#50 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

You know what -- I don't understand how the third party iPhone and Facebook applications manage to fully track trophies if Sony supposedly "cut it off".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.