Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Odd Question About PS1 Saves On PS3

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

If I were to play PS1 games off the PS1 disc and then buy it on the PS Store if it then became available down the line, the save I made from the PS1 disc would still theoretically work with the download and I could start right where I was in the game, correct?

Also, is there away to transfer my FFVII save from my PS3 to my PSP as I'm going on a trip soon and would like to do so and have never heard it mentioned before?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I think it might work but, I'm not to sure.  It just reads the internal PS1 memory card you create.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Dasacant said:
    " Yup it works disks or download.   And you can transfer your save file to your ps3 to psp and psp to ps3I believe there is an option to do so when your press triangle on the file, it's been awhile though.  "
    Cool, thanks. Thread done.
    Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Garfield360UK

Sorry to jump in but how do games transfer to the PSP? I ask as I got Final Fantasy VII off Playstation Network store and am considering a PSP in the future and playing the game across both systems is a big plus point for  me.

Also is it just PS1 games that do this or are there any others?

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tebbit
    @Garfield360UK: I think it's just PS1 games, even ones that you'd think would work, like Echochrome and Puzzle Quest have seperate PS3 and PSP versions. Transferring is pretty easy, just plug the PSP to the PS3 with a usb cable, then you go Copy. Easy peasey.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Garfield360UK said:
    " Sorry to jump in but how do games transfer to the PSP? I ask as I got Final Fantasy VII off Playstation Network store and am considering a PSP in the future and playing the game across both systems is a big plus point for  me.Also is it just PS1 games that do this or are there any others? "
    But remember some PS3 games such as PixelJunk Eden, BlazBlue and Bionic Commando Rearmed can be played on a PSP via Remote Play, which basically streams the image being output from your PS3 onto the PSP screen.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Garfield360UK: You can purchase PSP games on your PS3 and transfer them between the two devices the same way, but you cannot play them on your PS3. There are some PS3 games that support a feature called Remote Play where you can play the game on the PS3 from your PSP remotely; this also works with PS1 games.
    Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Garfield360UK

Ah cheers for the help, some good functions then by the sounds of it. The remote play in particular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.