Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 Price Cut: March! LBP & MS on PSP! Uncharted 2 & GOW3 '09!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Well it's all rumour and speculation at the moment of course but as PS3fanboy reports:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe responded back to Eurogamer who got in touch regarding a certain D+Pad article which supposedly outlines SCEE's strategy for 2009. The company communicated that the information in the article was only "rumor and speculation." D+Pad's source claims to have attended a Sony Computer Entertainment Staff Annual Briefing which was held this past Saturday in London.

The rumored content suggests that Sony is making plans for a PS3 price cut in March 2009. Also of note, PSP versions of key PS3 titles such as
    LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm were said to be shown at the briefing. Even better still, Uncharted 2 and God of War III were also apparently shown with U2 looking much like the first Uncharted and GoW3 just amazing the Hades out of the informant. Noting that reliable David Jaffe also recently saw GoW3 footage and talked a bit about it, then perhaps there might be some merit to these rumors after all. and

How does this news make you feel current PS3-owners/non-current PS3 owners?

Does it tickle your fancy or is it not enough to cut the biscuit. Bare in mind it is still rumour.

Having said that if we just pretend that it was true; as a current Playstation 3 owner I would be more than happy for Uncharted 2 and God Of War 3 to lead the '09 exclusives "battle".

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By SpinCookie

I just read this on PS3 fanboy, even though they're just rumors, they all seem very likely.  The Motorstorm and LBP PSP games really have me interested, I love my PSP, but really want some great first party titles on it.  Also Uncharted 2 would be all types of bad ass.  The first one is one of my favorites for the system.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Teh_Eel

For the love of God please let these rumors be true, I want my God of War 3.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By SpinCookie
    Teh_Eel said:
    "For the love of God please let these rumors be true, I want my God of War 3."
    Well we know it's coming, it's been confirmed, it's just a matter of when.  I think we can all agree that it would be very welcomed in 2009.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane

Looks like I might have to wait until March to finally get a PS3.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    CitizenKane said:
    "Looks like I might have to wait until March to finally get a PS3."
    I've always advised people wait until after Christmas to get a PS3 anyway, so I think you'd be doing the right thing in waiting a good few months into the year. It's inevitable the price is going to drop after Christmas it just seems we now have at the very least a rough date to go by.
    Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teh_Eel
    SpinCookie said:
    "Teh_Eel said:
    Well we know it's coming, it's been confirmed, it's just a matter of when.  I think we can all agree that it would be very welcomed in 2009."
    I knew it was coming from e3, but did not think it would come in 2009.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    Teh_Eel said:
    "SpinCookie said:
    "Teh_Eel said:
    Well we know it's coming, it's been confirmed, it's just a matter of when.  I think we can all agree that it would be very welcomed in 2009."
    I knew it was coming from e3, but did not think it would come in 2009."
    I'm sure there's a big chance it might not but a Heavy Rain/God Of War 3 Christmas line-up would surely do Sony no harm, right?

I dunno if I'm being optimistic when I say I totally consider Uncharted to be a summer title.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By chililili
    get2sammyb said:
    "Teh_Eel said:
    "SpinCookie said:
    "Teh_Eel said:
    I knew it was coming from e3, but did not think it would come in 2009."
    I'm sure there's a big chance it might not but a Heavy Rain/God Of War 3 Christmas line-up would surely do Sony no harm, right?

I dunno if I'm being optimistic when I say I totally consider Uncharted to be a summer title."
    I think Uncharted and GoW will be the end year end games for the ps3, also FFXIII BECAUSE FUCK ITS ALREADY 3 YEARS LATE!
    Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Hmmm... PS3 in March? I could really use the Blu-ray player, that's for sure. I wouldn't mind picking one up for LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Resistance, and then MAG later in the year. Yeah, I can see it happening.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SpecTackle

PS3 pricecut = my purchase

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Mushir

If LBP comes to the PSP, I will buy it the second it comes out!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

Price cuts are always good. Hopefully Sony can start making profit.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By zitosilva

A price cut is good news, usually means more people will buy it. And Uncharted 2 makes me happy as well.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Demyx

Eh, I enjoyed the Uncharted demo, but I never got around to buying it. As for the PSP, I don't plan on getting one for a while, not until Birth By Sleep is released. As for God Of War 3, I guess thats good news. I liked the second one.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AaronBelfast

The price cut rumor was canned by Sony, although it's obvious they would say that seeing as they don't want consumers to hold off buying a PS3 at a later date for a price cut.  There will be a price cut sometime next year, if not March then April or May.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By kush

I highly doubt GoW3 will be coming out in 2009, but I guess it sort of has to come out since FFXII won't be coming out in 09' ...and neither will the new Team ICO game (whatever it is). Hopefully they will just cut the price and not go and add another new model, like a 320GB for $500. Honestly, I just want to see something on the Team ICO game...that's it and that's all.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Kush said:
    "I highly doubt GoW3 will be coming out in 2009, but I guess it sort of has to come out since FFXII won't be coming out in 09' ...and neither will the new Team ICO game (whatever it is). Hopefully they will just cut the price and not go and add another new model, like a 320GB for $500. Honestly, I just want to see something on the Team ICO game...that's it and that's all."
    March 2010 is my bet.
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sionweeks

Uncharted 2 NEEDS to happen.  A new Team ICO game is definitely what I anticipate most.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AaronBelfast
    sionweeks said:
    "Uncharted 2 NEEDS to happen.  A new Team ICO game is definitely what I anticipate most."
    I don't no what I want more, Uncharted 2, GoWIII or the Team Ico game.

I think I'll go with the Team Ico game just for the reason that SoTC is in my top 10 games of all time.
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By albedos_shadow

Motorstorm on PSP is exciting, and even though I saw it coming a mile away, Uncharted 2 will probably be good.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Coltonio7

This news makes me smile =D

But....how can you make Sackboy wave on the PSP!?!?

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read this a few days ago and hope its all true. LBP and MS on the PSP are enuff for me but hearing that GOW is looking great is awesome.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb

I also doubt we'll see God Of War next year but then again - we don't know how far along the development line they are really. Just because they've been reluctant to show us much yet doesn't mean they haven't got a ton of this game already built. It would be amazing if it did become a Christmas release.

I still think Uncharted is a summer game though. I'd find it strange playing Uncharted in the winter.

I suppose my dream '09 PS3 exclusives lineup would be:

Mid-late Summer: Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank Future 2 (we also know that's coming next year as Insomniac confirmed it in Quest For Booty).
    Winter: God Of War III and Heavy Rain.

Couple that with the likes of Infamous, Killzone 2 and some of the PSN games (Fat Princess, fl0wer, that zombies one) and you have to admit that PS3's 09 is looking potentially VERY strong.

Of course I have my doubts God Of War and Heavy Rain will hit next year but we can always hope.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Otacon

I think Uncharted 2 will be out around this time next year, I don't think NDI have ever released a game outside of the holiday window.

Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Throne

Interesting. Can't wait for God of War 3!!!

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ThomasP

If there is a price drop in March '09 for the PS3 then I will probably make the purchase.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Tomzombie

probably not i just speculating,   and that would be around the same time as resident evil 5 if it were true 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.