Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Sony Publishes Q&A to Address More PSN Concerns, Still Unanswered Questions

• 155 results
    confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By confideration
    @bofooq: Someone tried to log on to my Steam account from somewhere at 3am this morning - got an email from Valve asking me to put in my code to authorize it. That Steam account used the same password as my PSN ID.

I am thankful for the 2 factor authentication.

I have been changing passwords as fast as I can remember accounts that I have.

It's clear someone has the information I trusted Sony to keep secure - maybe you have nothing to lose. Maybe your time isn't worth much and you can sit monitoring your credit card online? 

I am reporting my card stolen to get a new one - I don't have time to monitor this shit.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By iam3green

well, that sucks that it's going to take another week to get online. i hope that my information is safe.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#153  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @jabbertrack said:
    " @bofooq: Someone tried to log on to my Steam account from somewhere at 3am this morning - got an email from Valve asking me to put in my code to authorize it. That Steam account used the same password as my PSN ID.

I am thankful for the 2 factor authentication.

I have been changing passwords as fast as I can remember accounts that I have.

It's clear someone has the information I trusted Sony to keep secure - maybe you have nothing to lose. Maybe your time isn't worth much and you can sit monitoring your credit card online? 

I am reporting my card stolen to get a new one - I don't have time to monitor this shit.
    "
    Yeah, PSN should really do a Steam Guard style thing in the future. And, like Steam, have the option NOT to save your credit card when you purchase something. And have Paypal support so you get an additional layer between the PSN store and your wallet. And you know, encrypt stuff.
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#154  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @iam3green:  Your information is not safe. Your password, name and address is out there. It does seem like the credit card numbers are still safe though, at least there have been no reliable reports on any thefts yet.
    twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By twillfast
    @Norusdog said:

" @twillfast said:

" @Norusdog said:
    "Rot in hell sony. "
    This is also aimed towards the london police after the Jack the Ripper-murders, the investigators of the JFK assassination and every person who ever disliked the Jesse James gang.What is up with people hating on the victims of crime while ignoring the actual problem; the criminals.I guess I'll be the first to say it: rot in hell hackers, or get a job like honest people. "
    Well if you had even a 2nd grade comprehension and reading level you'd see that I SAID I didn't blame them for the attack but for how they've handled things after it with us.  It took them a fucking week to start talking about it and we STILL just got some hair-brained "duuuuh herrr...we don't know" in response to CC info.Fact is this statement should have been posted within a day or two of the outtage...not this long after.But again if you had any fucking intelligence you'd of understood my simple response.  Let me know if you need help understanding this one.  I know multiple syllables gives ya problems "
    Wow, it's amazing how some people just instantly resort to completely unnecessary personal attacks.
    I didn't bash your comment, I merely used your line "Rot in hell sony" as an example of what people think. If you thought I said you blamed them for the attack, then my statement would also have blamed the london police for murdering prostitutes and the families of the James gang's victims for killing each other, which it didn't.

My statement is simple, but if it wasn't clear enough: Sony gets more shit for handling the intrusion badly than the hackers get for intruding in the first place.

Next time, read more carefully before you jump the gun. Most of all, don't try to defend yourself with personal attacks and shitty attitude, especially when there's nothing to defend; it just makes you sound like an ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.