What PS3 theme do you use?

• 104 results
#51 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Being in the Festive Christmas mood, I've had the Fireplace theme since Thanksgiving that was free a while back.

#52 Posted by Silver-Streak (1382 posts) -

Journey Dynamic Theme I got from PSN+

#53 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

I use the Sound Shapes theme because its looks awesome.

#54 Posted by Burrich (7 posts) -

I use the Prince of Persia Trilogy Dynamic Theme. Has the Sands of Time loading icon spinning in an area reminiscent of the time portals in Warrior Within. Very cool, not too active or busy to be distracting. And all the icons are easily visible. I never use any theme that makes the XMB icons at all difficult to see.

#55 Posted by Skyfire543 (764 posts) -

The Ico one that came with the HD collection.

#56 Posted by SgtSphynx (1565 posts) -

I use the Skyrim Dynamic Theme, even though I only play Elder Scrolls games on PC

#57 Posted by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -

Currently using the Need For Speed: Most Wanted Pre-Order Theme with this as the background image 

#58 Posted by mlarrabee (3060 posts) -

The default.

When it comes to themes and avatar icons available for download, XBL puts PSN to shame. Unfathomable depths of shame.

I have both systems and I wish the aforementioned disparity didn't exist.

#59 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

The Giant Bomb theme, duh!

#60 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

I want that Corn theme, but I can't find it. So far I've used the default theme and alternate colors every once in a while.

#61 Posted by white_sox (212 posts) -

I am currently using the flower one that came with the Journey Collection.

#62 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

oddly enough there arent a lot of dynamic themes on the ps store where i live. and most of the ones that are there are shitty as hell. but im using the heavy rain one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNBNiIMsFd8

i like it its dark enough and nothing crazy happens.

#63 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I have a sweet ZX Spectrum theme I got off some website. Do I care about the Spectrum? Nope. But it does look really cool as my XMB theme.

#64 Posted by Demoskinos (15139 posts) -

The theme I unlocked via FFXIII-2

#65 Posted by Fluttercry (209 posts) -

I have a London theme. Can't remember the exact name

#66 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I'm using one that has mac themed icons. Its my favorite.

#67 Posted by BombKareshi (979 posts) -

I'm using a Digger HD one.

My girlfriend (and owner of the console) uses one from Final Fantasy XIII-2.

#68 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

I have been rocking the same free one I got for being a PSPlus member. I still kind of like it even if it isn't that special.

#69 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6137 posts) -

Double Dragon Neon

#70 Posted by GeneralZod37 (267 posts) -

Underwater Disco. Didn't even know I had it until I went browsing through my themes. It is glorious.

#71 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

Using the Journey dynamic theme that I think comes free with either the game or just in the PSN store.

#72 Edited by Apathylad (3067 posts) -
#73 Posted by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

Purple default, represent.

#74 Posted by Big_D (169 posts) -

Wartime pin-up girls. Wife is into pin-up things.

#75 Posted by yakov456 (1923 posts) -

Still in season with the Yule log screen.

#76 Edited by ztran (2 posts) -

I like the nature themes

#77 Posted by nikito_be (3 posts) -

umm... modern wardare 2 theme

i've more than 30 themes on my ps3 :D

#78 Posted by cclemon36 (181 posts) -

@tackchevy said:

Fish Tank 4 Life

Indeed. :D I've recently gone back to that one.

I've used the Heavy Rain raindrop one, and the Journey theme for a long time. Also, a seasonal theme during Christmas time, always.

#79 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3027 posts) -

I don't use any of the dynamic ones...most seem trashy. I just use the standard icons alonmg with a wallpaper that I change from time to time. I hope Sony totally reworks how and who makes themes for PS4. Most of the PS3 themes seem to be made by idiost who couldn't draw worth a damn.

#80 Edited by casper_ (908 posts) -

i use this one called fantasy mountain. its like little cardboard/construction paper animated mountains/rivers/clouds its pretty cool.

#81 Edited by Nictel (2435 posts) -

Default at this moment. I'm still looking for a nice theme, kind of done with the ones I have.

#82 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

I switch between Assassin's Creed III, and Far Cry 3. They're the free ones I got with the game, so Meh!

#83 Edited by btsjigs (27 posts) -

I switch between Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Arkham Asylum.. But like the guy said earlier, the noises on that can be quite annoying.

#84 Edited by Kaiserreich (740 posts) -

Darkstalker Kaathe theme. First thing I downloaded from PSN.

#85 Edited by GrantHeaslip (1681 posts) -

I use the default. Whenever I’ve poked around the themes menu, all of the ones I’ve accumulated look cheesy or just plain awful. A lot of themes have big contrast issues with menu text as well.

It also helps that the PS3 always shows the default theme while it’s booting. Leaving it on default makes the boot process look way smoother since it’s not jarringly changing themes.

#86 Edited by EightBitShik (1342 posts) -

I really couldn't find a theme I liked, wish I could have a Persona 4 theme. I was able to find a weird Japanese girl theme with a sword and some floating petals. I've never screwed around with the Dash on my Ps3 before can you put your own images in the background?

#87 Posted by cclemon36 (181 posts) -

@eightbitshik: Yes, you can have your choice of image as a background. The picture has to be on the ps3's hard drive, go to where it is and there should be an option to set as background, by pressing triangle, I think.

Also, there's this thread.

#88 Posted by Rokkaku (223 posts) -

The Neon Graffiti one. Before that I had the Dragon dynamic theme, which was pretty good.

#89 Edited by Slag (4864 posts) -

FF 13-2's, cause it's about the only one I have beyond the standard ones. And I don't care enough to search others out.

#90 Posted by sjswhite (2 posts) -

I use the fireplace theme they released a couple Christmases ago. It makes sure I stay classy.

#91 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Currently using the dynamic fish tank theme that was free from when PSN was down.

#92 Posted by FistGrenade (8 posts) -

I've had the Shadow of the Colossus dynamic theme for what seems like an eternity. It's so peaceful and soothing

#93 Posted by bobafettjm (1474 posts) -

I am using the Double Dragon Neon one that I got for free.

#94 Posted by FesteringNeon (2166 posts) -

Wow, alot of Double Dragon Neon's. Weird. I usually switch the icon set to match the wallpaper I use in the background. Currently I'm using a Bioshock Infinite wallpaper, but if I do dynamic I use a nature one or any of there 1239123012 other themes I seemed to have collected over the years.

#95 Posted by 49th (2844 posts) -

The free ones from "the studio" on PS+ are nice. Right now it's an abstract art kind of thing with spinning shape bits or something like that.

#96 Posted by snake911 (164 posts) -

I've been using the Neo Geo Station theme. I like how it shows a different background depending on the time of day.

Pretty neat that they included SNK of Japan's old mascot, G-Mantle in a few of the wallpapers.

#97 Posted by EnvyTheJealous (4 posts) -

I've been using the Shadow of the Colossus dynamic theme that came with my copy ever since.. well, release.

#98 Edited by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

I've been using the Shadow of the Colossus dynamic theme that came with my copy ever since.. well, release.

This! Exactly the same thing. haha

#99 Edited by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

the last of us static theme in preparation for the last of us

#100 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Until this moment I was unaware PS3s had themes. So I use the default, apparently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.