Gigantic Pricing Error!

• 63 results
#1 Posted by regularassmilk (1412 posts) -

What the hell are we going to make of this?
#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Whoa, something has to done about this.

#3 Posted by regularassmilk (1412 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" Whoa, something has to done about this. "
Yeah, like buy 10 of those.
#4 Edited by NickL (2246 posts) -

i bought one just in case, but im almost certain they will give a money refund and say sorry

best buy did this sometime last year with a tv and did that anyways
they would lose way too much money to honor that price

#5 Posted by Lukeweizer (2675 posts) -
@regularassmilk: It's the older model. Making way for the slim.
#6 Posted by regularassmilk (1412 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
" @regularassmilk: It's the older model. Making way for the slim. "
Do you honestly think they would drop it that much though? Thats ridiculous.
#7 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
its like the super old launch models. im not even sure target can sell them anymore, so im praying theyre just liquidating stock.
#8 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I bought one...

Hmm... now to see what happens...

#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@CoheedFavorHouse said:
" @Lukeweizer said:
its like the super old launch models. im not even sure target can sell them anymore, so im praying theyre just liquidating stock. "
AKA the best models. 
#10 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

The description is for a gun thing for the PS3 Move.

#11 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Something has to wrong here

#12 Posted by regularassmilk (1412 posts) -
@FlyingRat said:
" Something has to wrong here "
Just saw that topic, sorry about that.
#13 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

Wow - that's some find. If only I lived in the US 

#15 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@Dany said:
" The description is for a gun thing for the PS3 Move. "
This. It's sold by Target, not Amazon, and the description and everything associated with it says it's the gun accessory for the Move. Target will just chalk it up to an error and not honor the sale. I don't know why people keep perpetuating the idea that this will even work.
#16 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I wouldn't buy it. It's marked incorrectly as a PS3, the description says. 

"The official PlayStation®Move sharp shooter provides the most intuitive and immersive control experience for shooter games. Its authentic design and precision ensure the most engaging gameplay experience. Easily accessible buttons and adjustable shoulder stock allow for hours of comfortable gameplay. Take aim and Move into the firefight.    " 

and the category says  

"Controllers"

#17 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

Looking at the Move description, it does look like an error. Would have been an unusual surprise to find a PS3 for anything under $100.

#18 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Hmm... I don't know... Maybe Amazon will give us vouchers for 50% off MvK!

#19 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

Would have been pretty damn awesome, but sadly this is 100% mislabeled. I could have sold my PS2 and PS3 for a profit if this worked out.

#20 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Whoever made this typo is going to get a stern talking to...

#21 Posted by Rapid (1367 posts) -

Man and its the PS3 that's backwards compatible with PS2!!

#22 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -
@zonerover said:
" Looking at the Move description, it does look like an error. Would have been an unusual surprise to find a PS3 for anything under $100. "
That's what I thought. But the whole description is for the PS3, plus the "newer version of this item" likes to one of the new 160 GB PS3's. 

But the clincher is. It shows as marked down from $499. Which the move never was. I have a feeling that it was only supposed to be marked down to 399.99, and just someone missed a 9. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.
#23 Posted by Lukeweizer (2675 posts) -
@regularassmilk said:
" @Lukeweizer said:
Do you honestly think they would drop it that much though? Thats ridiculous. "
Same reason retailers drop prices on games to 5 bucks or something. They want them gone.
#24 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

I have a feeling someone somewhere is getting their ass kicked for this mistake.

#25 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

Purchased! I'm super interested to see what happens, my order info says console so this looks legit-ish.

#26 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

wow 92% discount...  i think ill get it just in case....

#27 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Jesus, I think I might buy a second one!

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

Well, I did order one. Three, actually, my roommate wanted one, and I bought one from the target website too (just in case). I hope they show up, but I highly doubt it.

#29 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

looking at it one more time, it also says they are out of stock right now, and considering its the old model i doubt they would be able to get anymore even if they wanted to honor this

#30 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

so the next question is, when they don't honor this what do we collectively do? 

#31 Posted by regularassmilk (1412 posts) -
@beej said:
" so the next question is, when they don't honor this what do we collectively do?  "
Fucking, Riot.
#32 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@beej:  most of us will get on with our lives realizing it obviously was a mistake
some of us will make an online petition that ultimately does nothing
#33 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@NickL: Aww man but I love entering my email address to confirm my signing of one out of maybe 1000 anti amazon boycotts.
#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

I'd like to think that they've got to get rid of some old PS3's, and they're selling them off cheap. However, the fact that the description says "Out of stock", and the description on the Target site is describing the Move. I'd also like to think that by fucking the page up, they've got to give us PS3's for that price. However, I'm fairly certain we won't be getting PS3's for forty bucks. Shame.

#35 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@beej:  but wait! this is an anti target boycott! 
amazon just sucks their info from targets website so its not their fault i dont think
#36 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@NickL: FUUUUUU How can I best target my rage over this typographical error?
#37 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I ordered one. Will let you know. It's backordered so they may just pull it from my grasp, but I can still complain right? Maybe get $60 of credit out of it?

#38 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" I ordered one. Will let you know. It's backordered so they may just pull it from my grasp, but I can still complain right? Maybe get $60 of credit out of it? "
They just ship you the Playstation Move gun controller when they have it in stock.
#39 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Hmm. Tempted to order this just in case... I don't know that to do! 

Ordered one. The worst case is that they give my money and the best is that I get a brand new PS3. Can't really lose here. :)

#40 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11714 posts) -

Bleh. I was excited for a second, but it's clearly a labeling error on Target's behalf that has then transferred to Amazon. Not going to bother ordering one, knowing fully well that the last thing I will be getting is a $40 PS3. Be good to dream though.

#41 Posted by SadPatrol (500 posts) -

ORDERED!!!!!

#42 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

HAHAHA buy them while they are hot!

#43 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

I want to believe...

#44 Posted by loganWTF (96 posts) -

I just ordered one but don't expect to ever get it.   

.... although, something similar did happen to me a couple a years ago ordering from Target via Amazon.  I saw a $250 camera lens on amazon for $25 and they actually sent it to me.... so I still have a little hope.

#45 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

What was the price they've taken it down =(

#46 Posted by loganWTF (96 posts) -
@Ineedaname: It was listed for $39.99.   

Looks like it's finally taken down after a few hours of being up and who knows how many hundreds of orders.
#47 Posted by SadPatrol (500 posts) -

Yup, it was taken down. But I still have it ORDERED!!!

#48 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

They took it out of my cart while I was paying for it, lol.  I hope somebody posts if they actually honor this thing!

#49 Posted by SadPatrol (500 posts) -
@JoeyIA said:
" They took it out of my cart while I was paying for it, lol.  I hope somebody posts if they actually honor this thing! "
lol, amazon said "gtfo of my store"
#50 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

You guys realize it was for some move controller stuff right? It was just labeled as a PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.