Leaked PS4 Picture?

• 58 results
#1 Posted by KarlPilkington (2729 posts) -

Now I haven't been keeping up too much with the leaks of information about the new PlayStation but I came across this picture this morning and couldn't find it anywhere else in the internet. So that means that it's either really really old and fake, really new and fake or maybe a legit picture.

Anyway as I was unsure I thought I would show you guys it and maybe you could clear this up for me.

Cheers duders.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Hmm, I've never seen this one before, but admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention.

Real or not, that's a nicely modernized design that still manages to evoke the essence of the original PS2, which is something I can get behind. Thumbs up. We'll see if it's real.

#3 Edited by Funkydupe (3319 posts) -

.................... no more rumors. Let's wait the last remaining hourssss.s.....z..z...ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

#4 Posted by fetchfox (1268 posts) -

This looks awesome, but people are great at making fake designs.

#5 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4208 posts) -

I like this one.

#6 Posted by TheHT (11267 posts) -

Looks acceptable enough.

Of course I won't believe anything until the official reveal.

#7 Posted by Aetheldod (3584 posts) -

I dont like it ... looks like a mac slaped to the bottom of a PS2 .... a fake

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) -

#9 Posted by Berserker976 (361 posts) -

pretty sure that's a mock-up from neogaf, sorry :(

#10 Posted by spiceninja (3062 posts) -

Am I really the only one who thinks this looks like a really bad photoshop?

#11 Posted by MB (12415 posts) -

My first reaction was...this looks awesome.

After a little thought, it struck me as odd that the power & eject buttons are oriented horizontally while the PS4 and PlayStation logos are vertical.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (390 posts) -

I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Although those blue usb ports remind me that I don't have a single usb 3.0 device in my life.

#13 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Looks cool, patience

#14 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -
#15 Posted by TheHT (11267 posts) -

@mb said:

After a little thought, it struck me as odd that the power & eject buttons are oriented horizontally while the PS4 and PlayStation logos are vertical.

#16 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@mb said:

I thought the same thing. Then I thought that maybe the PS logo is rotatable a la the PS2, and perhaps the PS4 logo at the bottom is actually a display similar to the one that may or may not be on the controller, which could allow it to sense the console's position and change appropriately.

But I also fully acknowledge that this could be totally fake. And in fact, I'd say the chances of that are fairly high.

Tomorrow should be fun. Err, later today, I guess.

#17 Edited by Winternet (8019 posts) -

It looks ugly and bulky. I hope it's not what it ends up being.

#18 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

It's an older picture which floated around NeoGAF for a while (if you trawl through the PS4 related threads you'll see it and its related angles around the place).

Fan-made and fake, sorry - but it does look pretty cool, and is definitely one of my favourite mock-ups.

#19 Edited by rpwll (76 posts) -

Definitely like this one. I'm hoping that the next generation of consoles ditch the fad of having all these crazy curves that make them garishly stand out next to all my other home theatre equipment.

#20 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Fake. Disc drives are rarely balanced to perfectly in the middle. I imagine this time around they will not skimp on USB ports, and potentially offer something other than USB on the front, something proprietary, or maybe Thunderbolt. The leaked proto controller showed a change to the grips length and thickness, as well as different thumbsticks and and triggers. That blue LCD on the controller looks too "2006 Sandisk MP3 Player" to be real, right?

#21 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

not to mention that if the image had any credibility, there would be a mad dash by every major outlet to confirm a leaked image. but we haven't seen any images of final enclosures, not even prototypes.

#22 Posted by KarlPilkington (2729 posts) -

Thanks for clearing that up, not long to wait now.

#23 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

It's fucking fake people.

#24 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Fake. Disc drives are rarely balanced to perfectly in the middle. I imagine this time around they will not skimp on USB ports, and potentially offer something other than USB on the front, something proprietary, or maybe Thunderbolt. The leaked proto controller showed a change to the grips length and thickness, as well as different thumbsticks and and triggers. That blue LCD on the controller looks too "2006 Sandisk MP3 Player" to be real, right?

Haha. I had an MP3 player with a screen like that. It had a speaker that slid out from behind the screen, which was pretty awesome at the time.

#25 Posted by John1912 (1886 posts) -

Looks like shit. So fucking boxy.

#26 Posted by HouseOfWolves (99 posts) -

The sticks are different from what we've seen.

#27 Edited by TruthTellah (9100 posts) -

That... dammit.

This is at least mildly plausible. The controller on display here is impressively close to what is generally known about the controller. This is either very clever or an actual, real image.

#28 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

This is a mock up. Multiple people who work for this site have talked about this!

#29 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

Isn't that controller the one that some dude on reddit mocked up to show how it might look? Haven't seen the console before, but I'm pretty sure it's fake.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by TruthTellah (9100 posts) -

@aegon said:

This is a mock up. Multiple people who work for this site have talked about this!

Oh yeah? Well, dangleberries!

Guess we'll really have to wait a few hours. ha.

#31 Posted by Humanity (9260 posts) -

I like the way the controller looks, maybe the real one will look kinda like it.

#32 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

If this is real, then I am game! Love the controller. So that touchpad can display any number of hotkeys dynamically? Sweet!

#33 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

The controller looks similar to the one "confirmed prototype" that's been popping up in various photos. The console looks like a smooth PS2. I hope the console doesn't look like that, but the controller looks fine.

#34 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I hope the PS4 controller will be more of an evolution than this.

@seppli said:

If this is real, then I am game!

You're always game

#35 Posted by believer258 (11913 posts) -

I would like that as the real one. Looks nice.

#36 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

The real one will not look even near as nice.

#37 Edited by Scroll (598 posts) -

I really want to see those shoulder buttons, most important part of the reveal for me.

#38 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

I thought the controller didn't have a screen, but a touch pad.

Looks like someone just sanded down a PS2s edges and removed the tray.

#39 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

If so that is lazy as hell. Its basically like they told the engineers "Yo, make this thing like the PS3 but....give it all squared edges!"

#40 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

If so that is lazy as hell. Its basically like they told the engineers "Yo, make this thing like the PS3 but....give it all squared edges!"

Strange you say that, because I was thinking "Like the PS2, but with round edges".

#41 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (460 posts) -

If it hasn't been said yet, it's just a mock-up from NeoGaf.

#42 Posted by TooWalrus (13202 posts) -

Indeed, it's a mock up. Good thing too, because I do not like the look of that controller.

#43 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

After looking at a zoomed picture of it, you can clearly see it's a fake. Logos have been copied and pasted from different pictures.

#44 Posted by probablytuna (3665 posts) -

I don't buy it. Looks like unofficial concept art.

#45 Edited by probablytuna (3665 posts) -

I don't buy it. Looks like unofficial concept art.

#46 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Rotating PS logo, IT MUST BE REAL!

#47 Edited by sonicrift (298 posts) -

I don't buy it because of that nasty reflection on the PS4 logo. It's not a good product shot. I know Sony's taken a few financial hits lately, but I don't think they'd try to save cash by hiring a shite photographer.

#48 Posted by JasonR86 (9708 posts) -

If it is real it looks nice. It's like a futuristic PS2.

#49 Posted by Sweep (8861 posts) -

I don't know how people can still get excited over "leaked" images anymore. Fuck, I feel like even video is a questionable source at this point.

#50 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

For anyone that hasn't noticed yet, the images section has a physical controller plugged in matching that design...and Jeff is the one that uploaded it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.