Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What games do you hope the first parties are working on?

• 53 results
    DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

According to this interview IGN had with Shuhei Yoshida, all of Sony's first party studios are making PS4 games. They have twelve studios, and of those twelve only four have announced games: Sucker Punch is doing inFamous: Second Son, Evolution is doing DriveClub, Guerrilla is doing Killzone: Shadow Fall and Japan Studio is doing Knack (and maybe also possibly The Last Guardian?).

This leaves us with the following eight studios to speculate:

Media Molecule

Naughty Dog

Polyphony Digital

Bend Studio

Cambridge

London Studio

San Diego Studio

Santa Monica Studio

-

I think it is pretty obvious what three of these studios are working on: Polyphony is probably doing Gran Turismo 6, London is probably doing a new Move game or maybe a SingStar game, and San Diego is probably working on the next MLB game. As for the rest of them, I personally want Media Molecule to work on a new 3-D platformer but with the Move presentation they gave I am not hopeful. I also would love to see Naughty Dog create a new IP for the new generation and take us through a new trilogy. I would want to see Bend work on a new Pursuit Force game because I think that franchise still has some juice left in it and with BigBig gone they would be the next best people to make it. I would want to see a new Medievil game from Cambridge. And for Santa Monica, I would love for them to focus their efforts on either a new Twisted Metal or PlayStation All-Stars 2 before doing God of War 4 and develop them completely instead of making them side games given to B-teams.

What games do you fellow bombers hope to see these studios crank out?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

?? The Getaway? ~ And.. I'd probably want Uncharted 4, than The Last of Us 2. ~ I'm not smart enough to think, and have this make money.

Clayfighter would make more money than Playstation All Stars.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Media Molecule is doing that move 3D modelling game.

San Diego is doing the MLB games

Polyphony Digital is going to do a Gran Turismo game, probably for the PS5

I'd like to see a new IP from Naughty Dog, preferably based on Blade Runner (like Uncharted was to Indiana Jones)

I'd like Uncharted to continue at Bend Studio

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@jay_ray said:

Was that confirmed to be more then just a tech demo?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Whatever, the system is doomed to fail since there won't be a Psygnosis wipeout on it.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray said:

Was that confirmed to be more then just a tech demo?

I thought it was at the very least implied to be more then just a tech demo. Something like that would have to be turned into a game and not just scrapped, I think it has to be at least a PSN title.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was gonna say a new Ratchet, but then remembered that Insomniac isn't first party anymore, so basically I don't care. The only things that would honestly get me excited would be like

New Ratchet
    New Jak
    New Sly
    New Crash
    New Spyro

Obviously several of those won't happen because of other publishers owning the IPs, but those are the first party Sony games of old that would get me excited. I don't find Uncharted/God of War/Killzone/Resistance or any of the other generic shooters/action games particularly compelling.

@jay_ray said:
    Polyphony Digital is going to do a Gran Turismo game, probably for the PS5

I lol'd

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be great if Polyphony wasn't doing GT6? Maybe they're working on a hardcore space combat sim. About emotions.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Good games.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@kerned said:

Wouldn't it be great if Polyphony wasn't doing GT6? Maybe they're working on a hardcore space combat sim. About emotions.

Omega Boost 2, confirmed !

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was gonna say a new Ratchet, but then remembered that Insomniac isn't first party anymore, so basically I don't care.

Insomniac has always been an independent company. They have multiple teams, and working on Fuse won't stop them from doing more Ratchet games. In fact, they already did so with Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hopefully some new IP's

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rentacop

@darthorange: "And for Santa Monica, I would love for them to focus their efforts on either a new Twisted Metal"

YES. I want them to put last year's failures behind them and make this a tier 1 title again. Better advertising and working matchmaking would have done wonders for the last one.

Other than that I would like to see some of these studios take their strengths to a new genre. Like Media Molecule taking the community aspect to a non-platformer.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

GT6

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want GT6. Weirdly enough I think GT5 was initially held back by the PS3. With them improving on the stuff they introduced, weather for example, and adding new features GT6 should continue Sony's dominance in the sim racing category.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I just want GT6. Weirdly enough I think GT5 was initially held back by the PS3. With them improving on the stuff they introduced, weather for example, and adding new features GT6 should continue Sony's dominance in the sim racing category.

I'm still blown away that GT5 outsold the total sales of Forza games that came out this gen. Sony has a find a way to make Kaz not masturbate to cars as much and just release a game every 2 years, or at the very least an expansion or something every year. The consumers voted GT5 was the best racing game this generation and it sucks Kaz sucks at managing time.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I don't care just give me Persona fucking 5 already

primalmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part I would like to see new IP's, though I would not be opposed to a new Medievil game. A game like Uncharted would also be welcome, as long as it's a new setting with different characters. Maybe as someone said before something based on blade runner, or something steam punkish.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be interested to see what the new MLB game looks like. I'd also like to see LittleBigPlanet 3 even though I didn't like the first two. A new console generation might give them the chance to wipe the slate clean, stop worrying about importing the previous games' user-created content into a new game, and concentrate on fixing the controls.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon said:

@ajamafalous said:

I was gonna say a new Ratchet, but then remembered that Insomniac isn't first party anymore, so basically I don't care.

Insomniac has always been an independent company. They have multiple teams, and working on Fuse won't stop them from doing more Ratchet games. In fact, they already did so with Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

Sure, but the thread asked specifically about first party studios.

Also, that Ratchet sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@kerned said:

If they aren't working on Omega Boost 2 they can go to hell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some new IPs or bringing back some old ones. I'm sick of God of War, (Actually I've always been sick of it) Uncharted has lost its appeal, LPB has fun multiplayer but boring campaign, and GT is irrelevant thanks to Forza. Bring back Tomba, Omega Boost, and Jak and my heart is won.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see some new IPs instead of sequels. Knack was a move in the right direction but it looks a lot like the same cartoon like puzzle-platformer that Cerny had with early Ratchet and Clank.

Maybe a new non JRPG? Mass Effect was an early 360 standout, I hope Sony does something similar and uses its teams to launch a new series.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95:I thought I was sick of God of War too, until I played the demo. God damn, it shows were all that sweet sony's money went.

The God of War III director Stig Asmussen is working on a new IP, that has been known for some time.

Naughty Dog give me a new IP.

Bend give me another rocking vita game.

San Diego Studio actually does a lot of supporting role other than just make MLB the show. They are currently helping idol minds with Warrior's Lair for PS3 and vita (a quick wiki check).

Japan Studios has a two teams. Team ICO hopefully is still at it on Last Guardian and Project Siren is hopefully working on Gravity Rush II.

Polyphony is working on Gran Turismo that is a given, as such much as I want them to work on something other than Gran Turismo, it just makes money.

London is probably doing Wonder book II (seriously F that).

Media Molecule is smoking a lot of pot along with working on a fantastic (hopefully) new IP.

There is also rumor that Guerrilla is actually three team studio. One working on Mercenary, second working on Shadow Fall and yet another working on a new IP. I personally don't think Sony shut down Zipper just to have Guerrilla make more shooters. I also think that Wipeout is going to continue without Psygnosis. It does have a strong albeit small following among core PlayStation fans.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By JJOR64
    jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou: An RPG from first party would be nice. But I don't think any of the first party studios would be any good at them just by looking at their library. But hopefully Atlas and Level-5 will take care of the JRPGs. I would not be actually surprised if one of the rumored new IPs at Microsoft is RPG, that would be cool.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By awesomeusername
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Media Molecule: new IP, turn based RPG/strategy

Naughty Dog: new IP, cover based shooter, neo-noir

Polyphony Digital: new WipeOut

Bend Studio: new IP, Syphon Filter spiritual successor, more like James Bond spy stuff instead of Sam Fisher/Snake

Cambridge: new MediEvil

London Studio: EyePet: Lovecraft edition

San Diego Studio: isomectric action-RPG, new IP

Santa Monica Studio: new franchise about Sun Wukong, the first game chronicling his rebellion against heaven

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikey87144 said:

I'm still blown away that GT5 outsold the total sales of Forza games that came out this gen. Sony has a find a way to make Kaz not masturbate to cars as much and just release a game every 2 years, or at the very least an expansion or something every year. The consumers voted GT5 was the best racing game this generation and it sucks Kaz sucks at managing time.

They'll probably do another prologue. I feel bad saying this but had I know that GT5 was going to come out 2 years after the prologue was released I would have bought it when it launched.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It'd be silly to continue with same IPs. I want some new games and l'm confindent Sony's first parties have the talent

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By djou

@jayu26: Yeah agree, but I guess I don't expect a straight up Mass Effect like RPG, but if Sony Bend were to reboot Siphon Filter, I hope they get away from the Splinter Cell mold and maybe do a better stealth action version of Alpha Protocol. That would be RPG enough for me.

Early gen console games are when epic trilogies like ME, Uncharted, Splinter Cell launch and I hope we see the same. I don't even need an epic AAA title, if all the talk about easier development is true it would be amazing to see something like Slender Eight Pages start on the PS4 instead of PC.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou: Dude everyone wants rebooted Siphon Filter, but Sony'd studios have a lot of leeway when it comes to picking the game they want to do. Even if Bend does make a Siphon Filter it would probably be for Vita. It has become their de facto portable games studio.

From the presentation it seemed like they would like to get a lot of indie developers on PSN. Does that mean Slender Eight Pages like games on PS4, I don't know, but indie guys sure know how to make compelling new IPs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername said:

@turtlebird95: They don't own Tomba! though.

True, I'm just saying it would be awesome if Tomba came back.

Agreed. Although I never played the whole game, I still loved the shit out of the demo I had on the PS1 disc. I played that demo a billion times. I need to buy it for my Vita once I clear my backlog.

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Caustic_Fox

All I really care for is Insomniac Games continuing the Ratchet & Clank series. Oh, and Polyphony actually better make effort in GT6. GT5 was nothing really special to brag home about.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm bored with most of the franchises of the last generation or two, so I'd like to see all of them working on new ip, with a variety of different genres. The only existing franchise I'd like a new game in is Uncharted, because I think 3 is a pretty sour note to end that series on.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I know Insomniac isn't listed, but I want another R&C. I'd really like them to make one more in line with the original trilogy on the PS2; the Future series seemed a little less zany in that over-the-top-cartoon fashion than the first 3 games.

Other than that, I dunno, new IPs i guess? That would be cool. I'd also be down with a new Jak game from Naughty Dog, but a) the reboot they originally started working on seemed super weird and b) I'm pretty sure it'll never happen anyways.

Oh and I'd reeeeeeaaaally like a new Ape Escape. Seriously you guys, that shit would be so dope.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a game like dynasty warriors but with way more depth and realism!

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumping game with vibrant colours.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#40  Edited By StarvingGamer

Gran Turismo

All the studios

So it might come out by 2015

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I want new IP, Sony showed some new IP at the press launch. I'd like to see them push it further

The PS3 started new IP with unchartered, infamous, Resistance, Motorstorm, Little Big Planet, they should follow a similar strategy. Get these studios creating new franchises (ugh, feel dirty using that word) and get the sequels done by offshoot studios. The big creative minds should be given free reign to create something new.

Polophony digital need a kick up the arse, one game in a generation is shameful. And GT5 was not value for money, all those years for a driving game that was good but not great.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hitchenson

A new Jak and Daxter from Naughty Dog.

I am well aware this won't happen.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I had a thing for the Destruction Derby games.

But yeah, new IPs.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either something entirely new, or bring back something old. Just not the same IPs as we have gotten the last couple of years.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want is new IPs. There's no current IPs from them that I want to come back.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By redcream

Syphon Filter

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xyzygy

To be honest I don't really like Sony's first party games from the PS3 at all. Didn't have a PS2 so can't say anything there. What I'm looking forward to are Japanese RPG exclusives.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer to see new IP over extending franchises. Although if sony handed Resistance over to a different studio I wouldn't object, I really enjoyed those games....but it won't happen Resistance is probably dead.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By probablytuna

New IPs, new IPs and more new IPs please.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikkaQ

Sony's IPs are all really boring, I'd love to see something new.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.