Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PSN being attacked by "Anonymous" hackers

• 189 results
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Enigma777

Some of you might have experienced the PSN being down yesterday (I certainly did). It seems like it was the cause of an attack by a hacker group known as "Anonymous" (I know, very original...).

I've included their manifesto below.

Manifesto

Dear (Greedy Motherfuckers) SONY,

Congratulations! You are now receiving the attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal actions against fellow internet citizens, GeoHot and Graf_Chokolo have been deemed an unforgivable offense against free speech and internet freedom, primary sources of free lulz (and you know how we feel about lulz.)

You have abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information about how your products work. You have victimized your own customers merely for possessing and sharing  information, and continue to target those who seek this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands of innocent people who only sought the free distribution of information. Your suppression of this information is motivated by corporate greed and the desire for complete control over the actions of individuals who purchase and use your products, at least when those actions threaten to undermine the corrupt stranglehold you seek to maintain over copywrong, oops, "copyright".

Your corrupt business practices are indicative of a corporate philosophy that would deny consumers the right to use products they have paid for, and rightfully own, in the manner of their choosing. Perhaps you should alert your customers to the fact that they are apparently only renting your products? In light of this assault on both rights and free expression, Anonymous, the notoriously handsome rulers of the internet, would like to inform you that you have only been "renting" your web domains. Having trodden upon Anonymous' rights, you must now be trodden  on .

If you disagree with the disciplinary actions against your private parts domains, then we trust you can also understand our motivations for these actions. You own your domains. You paid for them with your own money. Now Anonymous is attacking your private property because we disagree with your actions. And that seems, dare we say it, "wrong." Sound familiar?

Let Anonymous teach you a few important lessons that your mother forgot:

1. Don't do it to someone else if you don't want it to be done to you. 
    2. Information is free .
    3. We own this. Forever.

As for the "judges" and complicit legal entities who have enabled these cowards: You are no better than SONY itself in our eyes and remain guilty of undermining the well-being of the populace and subverting your judicial mandate .

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not Forgive.

We do not Forget.

Expect us.

/ Source

Personally, I think it's a load of shit. They are not hurting Sony with their shitty little DDoS attacks. No, they are hurting the millions of innocent consumers like myself, whose "rights" they're trying to protect in the first place. It's downright pathetic...
    Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ChristianCastillo

is psn back to normal?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I hope they fall in a pit and burn in hell then die then their souls remain in hell to burn and be tortured for eternity.

marvin_martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marvin_martian

Stories about Anon always amuse me.  I don't even care if I'm being inconvenienced.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SoylentGreen

I like some of the Internet-justice stuff Anonymous gets away with, but this is a really dumb letter.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

Sony deserves it.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what?
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperWristBands

I hate it when people mention "lulz". It's like an anime nerd saying "kawaii".

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Because they've taken what they are doing way too far at this point. So whatever happens to them I don't give a shit.
    endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By endless_void

These guys are a force not to be reckoned with. The government has sent FBI probes after them, many credit card sites have gone down, and governmewnt sites have gone down to them as well. Apparently they've already gotten information of Sony executives and are spreading it across the internet....

Sony deserves it :P

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssj4raditz

So their solution is to fuck up the service for everyone else? Way to go guys, that's real helpful.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Because they've taken what they are doing way too far at this point. So whatever happens to them I don't give a shit. "
    Like what?
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By N7

lol

It's actually pretty funny. I was browsing around the internet for a while today(Somewhat yesterday too) when I noticed a bunch of sites finally caught on to this news story and a SHIT TON of people were like "Whoa, wait a minute. How the fuck is this supposed to make us hate Sony if these Ananamooses are the ones responsible for what is going down on the PSN?"

Also, they were apparently looking up information on some Sony Exec's daughter, which automatically puts this in the "Too far" category. But then again, when they never leave their parent's basement, what can they really do?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By benjaebe

Well, this thread isn't going to go anywhere good. Besides, giving these groups attention for wasting everyone's time is exactly what they want - the more people that talk about it, the more they feel like they've made an impact.

Didn't anyone tell you guys not to feed the fucking trolls?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

When the USAF bitches about Sony taking out OtherOS, you know you fucked up.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By scarace360

So at what point does sony send out the death squads at just kill everyone who has done something to them?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Because they've taken what they are doing way too far at this point. So whatever happens to them I don't give a shit. "
    Like what? "
    Like what? What are you talking about? I'm not going to explain the whole situation with you, because clearly you don't care about it if you haven't heard about it by now. >.> Look it up if you want to know so badly.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Like what? What are you talking about? I'm not going to explain the whole situation with you, because clearly you don't care about it if you haven't heard about it by now. >.> Look it up if you want to know so badly. "
    You saying that makes it sound like its something very petty.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Like what? What are you talking about? I'm not going to explain the whole situation with you, because clearly you don't care about it if you haven't heard about it by now. >.> Look it up if you want to know so badly. "
    You saying that makes it sound like its something very petty. "
    Why should I explain something to you that's been going on for months, that will take me a while to type out just because you've been too lazy to pay attention to things.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Andorski

I still think this is bullshit.  Fuck over Sony, not their customers.  I read an article about hackers trying to get Sony executives' personal information, which is more in-line with non-dickish hacktivism.

But really, nothing will come of this.  Anonymous is only about brief periods of hassle/inconvenience.  They have yet to accomplish anything sustainable.  PSN will eventually come back up (I myself have had no problems playing KZ3 today).  The PS3 will still not have OtherOS.  Sony lawyers will still go through every legal route of bending over Geohotz and  Graf_Chokolo.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Why should I explain something to you that's been going on for months, that will take me a while to type out just because you've been too lazy to pay attention to things. "
    All I remember is someone hacked something of PSN or something cause some guy wanted to tell the world how big his e-dick is and Sony getting pissed and did some lawsuit against him.  Sounds perfectly reasonable.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RE_Player1

I know the whole point is that this group is Anonymous but I would be interested to see who these people are, not to see them get in trouble or anything I'm just curious if most of the members are average guys like you or me. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Milkman
    @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @CL60 said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    As far as I know, some hacker, GeoHot, hacked Sony's shit so Sony sued his dick off. I think.

No matter what the situation or whether you think Sony deserves this, do their customers deserve this? Who is really being hurt here?
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Milkman said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    As far as I know, some hacker, GeoHot, hacked Sony's shit so Sony sued his dick off. I think. "
    And I see no problem with that.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @Milkman said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    As far as I know, some hacker, GeoHot, hacked Sony's shit so Sony sued his dick off. I think. "
    And I see no problem with that. "
    Because that's an incredibly simplified version of it.. as I said, they've taken it too far, which is the reason for this. If you want to live in your simplified little world, go right ahead, but if you are, don't bother talking to me.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BraveToaster
    @ssj4raditz said:
    " So their solution is to fuck up the service for everyone else? Way to go guys, that's real helpful. "
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KaosAngel
    @RE_Player92 said:

" I know the whole point is that this group is Anonymous but I would be interested to see who these people are, not to see them get in trouble or anything I'm just curious if most of the members are average guys like you or me.  "

"People these days seem to think we are some sort of Internet vigilante group, That couldn't be further from the truth. We are the little voice in the back of your head that wants to fuck your hot sixteen year old daughter. We are the father who beats his six year old child simply because he spilled his beer. We are every chef that's ever spit in some random person's food for the hell of it. We are the pyromaniac who burns down the homeless shelter for shits and giggles. We are the person who rapes the same girl twice. We are that feeling you get when you beat your pets; and enjoy it. We see some guy hang himself live, we laugh. A wrestler kills his family, we laugh. Some maladjusted Asian shoots up his university, we laugh. Fifty-thousand die in North Korea, we laugh. AIDS ravages a continent, we laugh. An Austrian man locks his daughter in his basement for 24 years and fathers 8 children with her, we laugh. A religion invented by a psychotic writer swindles countless gullible fucktards out of their cash, we laugh, and then go kick his religion's ass just for the hell of it. We aren't some vigilante group righting wrongs. We aren't your friends, your buddies or your saviors. Your feelings mean nothing to us. We are human nature unencumbered by pointless ethics, foolish moralities or arbitrary laws and restrictions. We are every dark impulse you have; unrestrained and fully realized. We are what deep down, you wish you were. We exist as a means for instant gratification, purely at our own whim. We have no culture, we have no laws, written or otherwise. We are an autonomous collective, each an insignificant part of a whole. You cannot assimilate us, we do not change. You cannot defeat us, we do not exist. You cannot infiltrate us, we know our own. We do not sleep, we do not eat and we do not feel remorse. We will tear you apart from outside and in, we have all the time in the world. You operate under the delusion that we will someday be outdated, that we might even see the light. You are irrevocably wrong. You are not special, you are not unique and you aren't crusaders for justice. You're a blend of college age faggots who think that they can do some sort of good, and who are desperate to belong, to have attention. You have accomplished nothing, and you will fall. Enjoy your AIDS, faggots. "
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @Milkman said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Because that's an incredibly simplified version of it.. as I said, they've taken it too far, which is the reason for this. If you want to live in your simplified little world, go right ahead, but if you are, don't bother talking to me. "
    And you acting like that is why I believe that it is something really petty.  Tell me why they deserve attacks from hackers.  Not act all condescending when I question you.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DystopiaX

Proving once again, Anonymous is a huge, immature joke.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @SethPhotopoulos:  You might not, but it's a pointless and stupid lawsuit. They've taken it too far. With many other devices it's perfectly legal to jailbreak them and run homebrew applications. Not only that, but Sony is tracking down the IPs of everyone who has ever visited Geohot's site. Keep it classy, Sony.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CL60
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @Milkman said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Because that's an incredibly simplified version of it.. as I said, they've taken it too far, which is the reason for this. If you want to live in your simplified little world, go right ahead, but if you are, don't bother talking to me. "
    And you acting like that is why I believe that it is something really petty.  Tell me why they deserve attacks from hackers.  Not act all condescending when I question you. "
    I've already said why, they've taken it way too far, I'm not going to get into every little detail, if you want to know, go look it up yourself. Theres threads on this very board about Sony taking it too far. Do a little search.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DystopiaX
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Why should I explain something to you that's been going on for months, that will take me a while to type out just because you've been too lazy to pay attention to things. "
    All I remember is someone hacked something of PSN or something cause some guy wanted to tell the world how big his e-dick is and Sony getting pissed and did some lawsuit against him.  Sounds perfectly reasonable. "
    Also, if your only argument is "lol pay attention to what's been happening" then you don't have an argument at all. Sony's trying to protect their property from easy piracy and hacking, and although I disagree with some actions they've taken they're within their rights to do everything they've done, and there's no reason you can argue "well it's wrong, this is an exception because I said so" without rendering laws pointless.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KaosAngel
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos:  You might not, but it's a pointless and stupid lawsuit. They've taken it too far. With many other devices it's perfectly legal to jailbreak them and run homebrew applications. Not only that, but Sony is tracking down the IPs of everyone who has ever visited Geohot's site. Keep it classy, Sony. "
    The hiarlity of the situation is that if the dumbfucks at Sony do try to get this, the Judge will say "uh...Apple tried this LAST FUCKING YEAR and FAILED".  All Sony will do is make it fully legal to hack home consoles without it being in the "grey area".  

Before the Apple Jailbreak case ended, jailbreaking was "grey area" once the ruling came out...all the iPhone sites were like "YEAH BRING IN THE JAILBREAK THREADS NOW!".
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    All I remember is someone hacked something of PSN or something cause some guy wanted to tell the world how big his e-dick is and Sony getting pissed and did some lawsuit against him.  Sounds perfectly reasonable. "
    Nobody hacked anything OFF anywhere.  There was no hacking and no theft.  There was reverse engineering going on (which is completely legal) and due to SONY's negligence certain information was far too easily obtained.  This information was never shared with the public and yet Sony decided to try and and infringe on a person's rights by suing an individual into oblivion.  Perfectly Unreasonable.  fuck Sony.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NickL
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159776p1.html    

The headline on this ign article made me laugh really hard, sony thinks there was a possible cyber attack on them, a day after anonymous threatened them of it

@SethPhotopoulos
    I think it had something to do with sony trying to get any information they could about anyone who went to the website were geohot said how to hack it, whether they just went there because they were curious or they went there because they actually wanted to hack their own ps3
    im not entirely sure though, since i dont have a ps3 i didnt follow the story super close
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By UnrealDP
    @CL60:
    What are you even talking about at this point i mean are you just dodging the question because i can not recollect sony doing any major wrongs as of late.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60
    @DystopiaX said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @CL60 said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Also, if your only argument is "lol pay attention to what's been happening" then you don't have an argument at all. Sony's trying to protect their property from easy piracy and hacking, and although I disagree with some actions they've taken they're within their rights to do everything they've done, and there's no reason you can argue "well it's wrong, this is an exception because I said so" without rendering laws pointless. "
    What argument? I'm not even fucking trying to have an argument, I gave my 2 cents and said Sony took it too far, end of story, that's my opinion, I'm not going to explain the entire story to somebody because he hasn't been paying attention, and feels like questioning every fucking thing I say.
    And no they aren't within their rights, Geohotz did NOTHING illegal.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andorski
    @SethPhotopoulos: As a person why thinks shutting down PSN is bullshit, what Sony initially did should be considered illegal.  They advertised the PS3 as having the other OS feature.  A few people actually got a PS3 because of it.  Then, hiding behind their EULA, they gave their customers the choice of either keeping the OtherOS feature or the ability to play new games on the system (I believe you could still have kept OtherOS by not downloading any more system updates, but that would render your PS3 unable to play current games).  It's like buying a game on XBLA and then Microsoft going out and saying, "If you want to keep using XBL, you're going to delete and never redownload the game you just bought.  No refund."
    Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my main problems with this, is that although what Sony is doing can be considered by many to be shady, but is legal...I reiterate pursuing a law suit is LEGAL.  However, hacking into a company's stuff hmm... let me think about this for awhile... I believe it may be illegal, could be wrong, don't take my word on it.  So maybe Sony took something "too far", but what these jack wagons are doing is taking it a step even further and even dumber.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @Milkman said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    And you acting like that is why I believe that it is something really petty.  Tell me why they deserve attacks from hackers.  Not act all condescending when I question you. "
    I've already said why, they've taken it way too far, I'm not going to get into every little detail, if you want to know, go look it up yourself. Theres threads on this very board about Sony taking it too far. Do a little search. "
    I did and read what they did about the IP thing is fucked up.  I think that Sony doesn't deserve all of this Anonymous hacking stuff that really just fucks over the people that use PSN.  But dude you should answer the damn question instead of going through all that stupid shit.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Andorski
    @CL60: Can you stop saying "they took it too far."  What have they done to Geohotz so far?  Demand his hard drive?  What other first world problems is this poor guy facing?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Sony deserves it. "
    For what? "
    Like what? "
    Also, if your only argument is "lol pay attention to what's been happening" then you don't have an argument at all. Sony's trying to protect their property from easy piracy and hacking, and although I disagree with some actions they've taken they're within their rights to do everything they've done, and there's no reason you can argue "well it's wrong, this is an exception because I said so" without rendering laws pointless. "
    They are NOT within their rights to subpoena private citizens IP addresses before they have probable cause to get such information.  Sony are using their corporate pull to go beyond their legal reach.  People have a right to their privacy just as they have a right to freedom of speech.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CL60
    @Andorski said:
    " @CL60: Can you stop saying "they took it too far."  What have they done to Geohotz so far?  Demand his hard drive?  What other first world problems is this poor guy facing? "
    You know he's going through a massive legal battle right now with Sony? Racking up massive bills.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Boom_goes_the_dynamite: I dunno if you heard but there was a trial involving the hacking of products you buy, and the federal courts said it was LEGAL.  The simple fact that Sony doesn't realize they will lose the case is what's insane.  Microsoft, Nintendo, Google, and Apple can't go around suing people because they hacked their product in the USofA.  

Apple forced Federal Judges to flat out state it's perfectly legal to hack any product you own.  

The USAF even protested with Sony to put OtherOS back into the PS3s.  
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By tebbit

I always appreciate when lonely nerds create powerful internet personas.

MUCH UNLIKE MYSELF, MOTHER FUCKERS

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Enigma777
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:

" I know the whole point is that this group is Anonymous but I would be interested to see who these people are, not to see them get in trouble or anything I'm just curious if most of the members are average guys like you or me.  "

"People these days seem to think we are some sort of Internet vigilante group, That couldn't be further from the truth. We are the little voice in the back of your head that wants to fuck your hot sixteen year old daughter. We are the father who beats his six year old child simply because he spilled his beer. We are every chef that's ever spit in some random person's food for the hell of it. We are the pyromaniac who burns down the homeless shelter for shits and giggles. We are the person who rapes the same girl twice. We are that feeling you get when you beat your pets; and enjoy it. We see some guy hang himself live, we laugh. A wrestler kills his family, we laugh. Some maladjusted Asian shoots up his university, we laugh. Fifty-thousand die in North Korea, we laugh. AIDS ravages a continent, we laugh. An Austrian man locks his daughter in his basement for 24 years and fathers 8 children with her, we laugh. A religion invented by a psychotic writer swindles countless gullible fucktards out of their cash, we laugh, and then go kick his religion's ass just for the hell of it. We aren't some vigilante group righting wrongs. We aren't your friends, your buddies or your saviors. Your feelings mean nothing to us. We are human nature unencumbered by pointless ethics, foolish moralities or arbitrary laws and restrictions. We are every dark impulse you have; unrestrained and fully realized. We are what deep down, you wish you were. We exist as a means for instant gratification, purely at our own whim. We have no culture, we have no laws, written or otherwise. We are an autonomous collective, each an insignificant part of a whole. You cannot assimilate us, we do not change. You cannot defeat us, we do not exist. You cannot infiltrate us, we know our own. We do not sleep, we do not eat and we do not feel remorse. We will tear you apart from outside and in, we have all the time in the world. You operate under the delusion that we will someday be outdated, that we might even see the light. You are irrevocably wrong. You are not special, you are not unique and you aren't crusaders for justice. You're a blend of college age faggots who think that they can do some sort of good, and who are desperate to belong, to have attention. You have accomplished nothing, and you will fall. Enjoy your AIDS, faggots. " "
    Wow... so much self-fulfilling, ego-stroking bullshit in there....
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47  Edited By Geno

When will people learn that DDoSing =/= hacking? Also, these kind of things are unlikely to stop any practices Sony are making unless they do them for an extremely extended period of time (which they don't, because they have a relatively short attention span). 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Andorski
    @SeriouslyNow: Is it?  From what I have heard from hacktivists, DDoS attacks is a digital form of a sit-in.  Filling up a website's bandwidth so that others cannot get in is like doing a sit-in in a building, or preventing people from getting in a building by forming a picket line.  Either way, people who intend to get into the website/building either cannot do so, or do so with great difficulty.

So if a DDoS attack is a form of protest, wouldn't getting IP addresses from those visiting Geohotz's website be the equivalent to following activists home and finding out where the live?
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MikkaQ

Their manifesto comes off as something written by a college student who just learned a little bit about how the world works. Angry, aimless, and uninformed. Also needlessly showy/cocky. You want to do a DDoS? Fine, do it, and do it right, don't just poke a lion with a pin and start gloating about your victory. 

"We own this". They own nothing, it's everybody's internet. 

Attacking a service that plenty of normal people use is also not a great way to get people on their side.
    Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel: I understand that, and what Sony is doing is dumb, but I personally don't think its an excuse for what is going on, but different strokes I suppose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.