Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Trophies

Concept »

Trophies are an incentive-based system for the completion of various objective in PS3, Vita, and PS4 titles.

Link PSN Trophies to your GB account?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ket87

Since Giant Bomb added the ability to link your Xbox Live GamerTag to your Giant Bomb account to display your achievements as well as WoW accounts on your profile they should now add the PSN Trophies too. No site ever offers the ability to link a PSN ID but everybody and their brothers site lets you link a XBL Gamertag.

Just wanted to see if anyone else would like to see it so maybe they'll add it if enough people want it.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

There is no way for them to access the trophy data, it its Sony that is to blame for the lack of PSN linking on websites. If there was a way, they would add it.

I personally can't wait for WoW EU and Steam support.

plagueseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By plagueseason

Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) at E3 (fingers crossed). I'd love to see something similar to gamercards that would update automatically, which would of course allow Giant Bomb to add the linking functionality.

MatsSundin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MatsSundin

I would love for trophy data on giant bomb, but like earlier posters have said its a Sony issue

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
    plagueseason said:
    Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) at E3 (fingers crossed). I'd love ... [more]
    Sony already does have an API that links to your trophy data, but it's not public beyond there own website. That's the problem.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
    LiquidPrince said:
    plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) at E3 (fingers crossed). ... [more]
    Yeah, its actually a pretty simple and easy thing to do I would imagine. Lets remember folks, we are dealing with a free service that provides online gaming and other things to millions of people. Imagine if those millions of people were paying fee's like microsoft charges? I think Sony would be pooping on XBL right now if that were the case, because as it stands, its really just these little things that are missing from PSN. 
    I've been hearing lots about this over the past year, they are definitely working on it, among other things. 
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

They've said multiple times that they'd love to, but it's impossible right now.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By PufferFiz
    LiquidPrince said:
    plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) at E3 (fingers crossed). ... [more]
    yeah pretty much. Though I thought I remembered in some video that they said they were working on making a public API.  Could be mistaken.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chililili
    PufferFiz said:
    LiquidPrince said: plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) at E3 ... [more]
    I don't really know where you'd go to get news on current API development of trophy cards, I mean when the new trophy cards were released they were basically dropped on us that very day, if this hapens I don't think you'll know until the moment it does and it can be months or tomorrow
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PufferFiz
    chililili said:
    PufferFiz said: LiquidPrince said: plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) ... [more]
    yeah me ether but I could have sworn there was a video on the PS blog about the trophies being on the site and I though he said they were working on making it public at a later time.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    PufferFiz said:
    chililili said: PufferFiz said: LiquidPrince said: plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or ... [more]
    yeah i remember this man. i mentioned it in my last post. i could have sworn i heard a lot about features like this among many others that sony is working on. 

(ps, buy infamous man, lol i told you on psn and i'll tell ya again, its a lot of fun)
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PufferFiz
    TwoOneFive said:
    PufferFiz said: chililili said: PufferFiz said: LiquidPrince said: plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online ... [more]
    Found the link
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/02/viewing-your-playstation-trophies-on-playstationcom/
    Was wrong he said nothing about a public release of the API but he did say that this is just phase one and more additions are coming

Yeah I'm gona get it, Maybe next week. Got Cross edge coming tomorrow and that is an hour intensive RPG, But my friend works at GS so during His shift I am gona come down and chat (screw with the store)and buy some games.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By suneku

Sony most likely will release the API in the future, but with Sony's current track record on getting stuff like this released... it's going to be awhile.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Another missing PSN feature.  I don't know if it's the lack of income from their internet service or what.  But hey, they have chatrooms... so yeah...

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By FCKSNAP
    LiquidPrince said:
    Actually...

Also, Playfire.com has something similar.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    PS3 trophy card pulls the data directly from Sony's website. This is not a viable way for Giant Bomb to do this. Not only is it a lot of effort to get working, but any time the website slightly changes it would completely break the system and need to be rebuilt. A PSN API would be required to do it properly, which currently doesn't exist. I totally expect sony to release one eventually, but how high up it is on their to-do-list is anynes guess.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ket87

Yeah I guess someday we'll see it then, hey Sony is going for the 10 year lifespan they can't just drop everything on us the first 2-3 years that would be asinine.

plagueseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By plagueseason
    FCKSNAP said:
    LiquidPrince said: plagueseason said: Maybe Sony will announce a major improvement to their online API (or lack thereof) at E3 ... [more]
    Does that actually update automatically when you earn trophies? I haven't used any of those third party sites for awhile because previously you always had to manually enter in every trophy you had earned, but it looks like they automatically recognize them all and show the most recent earned ones now, so I guess they've come a long ways.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By suneku
    @plagueseason: They do update automatically, but only if you update the euro sony site where they have the whole trophy card thing. Still pretty annoying.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurry up Sony, I need my Giantbomb trophy support, that would kick ass.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ket87 said:
    " Yeah I guess someday we'll see it then, hey Sony is going for the 10 year lifespan they can't just drop everything on us the first 2-3 years that would be asinine. "

Kidding right?  They should have already had so many of these features already taken care of.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ket87
    Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    @Ket87 said: " Yeah I guess someday we'll see it then, hey Sony is going for the 10 year lifespan ... [more]
    Yep that was sarcasm actually haha. It's a pain in the ass to get that to convey on a message board.
    Dragoon14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Dragoon14

I would like that a lot

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KillaMaStA

Sony will eventually make that stuff available i think. By the end of the year  well see it.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrPerfect

I think it would be awesome had a trophy tab for us PS3 gamers, I would love to show off my trophies.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Matt_

I'm not sure if I would. My meager amount of trophies pales in comparison to my xbox gamerscore. Granted, I have had a 360 since a few months after launch and I only got my PS3 in March.

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LocoRocker

The implementation of trophies into the website would also require GiantBomb to add a new cathegory "trophies" in addition to "achievements" for every multiplatform game. Otherwise it would mess up some of your data if you happen to own both versions of a game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @LocoRocker said:
    " The implementation of trophies into the website would also require GiantBomb to add a new cathegory "trophies" in addition to "achievements" for every multiplatform game. Otherwise it would mess up some of your data if you happen to own both versions of a game. "
    They have plans to implement Steam achievements soon, some of which will clash with Xbox achievements, so I'm assuming they have a solution to this problem in the works. Perhaps separating different platforms achievements into tabs. I dunno what they're planning, but they'll come up with a solution.
    LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LocoRocker
    @MattyFTM said:
    "
    @LocoRocker said:
    " The implementation of trophies into the website would also require GiantBomb to add a new cathegory "trophies" in addition to "achievements" for every multiplatform game. Otherwise it would mess up some of your data if you happen to own both versions of a game. "
    They have plans to implement Steam achievements soon, some of which will clash with Xbox achievements, so I'm assuming they have a solution to this problem in the works. Perhaps separating different platforms achievements into tabs. I dunno what they're planning, but they'll come up with a solution. "
    Didn't know about the Steam stuff. That really would be neat and might eventually turn GiantBomb into your personal hub for everything games related.
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By TwoLines

Hmm.. yeah- but the Steam achievements were suppose to be ready like.. 2 weeks ago? Ah well, need to be patient.
    I just hope nothing got screwed up.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chililili
    @TwoLines said:
    " Hmm.. yeah- but the Steam achievements were suppose to be ready like.. 2 weeks ago? Ah well, need to be patient.I just hope nothing got screwed up. "
    Remember E3 happened
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By Luke

"Compare Trophies" and the "Trophy Leaderboard" are coming-out mid-July. 

Hopefully, these new features will give-out enough data to do exactly what GB does with X360/WoW/Steam Achievements. 

EDIT:  Errr, never mind guys.  I did some more research and on the European PlayStation Blog I found the full article, with Dev Comments and everything: 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/29/psn-on-euplaystationcom-new-features-coming-soon 

Q:  "Are there any plans to make the profile publicly accessible? E.g. clicking on the PSN trophy badge will take you to your profile, not just a register page…" 
    A:  "Yes this is in our plans for later   I’d love to hear from all of you on what you’d like to see in your public profile." 

Q:  "Hi what i really would like is when you click someones portable ID you get a list of their trophies, not the PS registration page… That would be great" 
    A:  "In the Future when we release the Public Profile, we will definitely link the Portable IDs to the Profile pages." 

There are many others requesting that the API be made publicly available through-out the comments. 

I guess the only way that this new feature would work is if Giant Bomb made like 999,999+ PSN Accounts and accepted Friend Requests from all us Users, which would be ridiculous (and probably against Sony's EULA). 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.