Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White Version 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 07, 2012

The story of Pokémon Black/White continues in this direct sequel for the Nintendo DS system.

Another day another Pokemon game, but wait, it's kind of great!

• 71 results
    j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By j0lter
    Hey look, i caught a lawnmower.
    Hey look, i caught a lawnmower.
    Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Jazzycola

@FlarePhoenix: For one, event pokemon do not count. Two, you're pretty much arguing with yourself because it was easier for me to get the 4 ones that are in the game whether or not you agree or not. Not to mention the fact that the game is like "hey maybe you should look around a bit to find ___" when you enter the area that its in. I'd say they are impossible to miss considering the game points them out in the area in which they are in. Let's not even talk about the fact that previous games the legendary pokemon didn't even unlock until you finished the story (or rather finished the elite four). You can keep trying to argue the fact that they weren't but the fact is they were. I don't really need to make my point beyond what I've already said because I'm right.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@Jazzycola said:

@FlarePhoenix: For one, event pokemon do not count. Two, you're pretty much arguing with yourself because it was easier for me to get the 4 ones that are in the game whether or not you agree or not. Not to mention the fact that the game is like "hey maybe you should look around a bit to find ___" when you enter the area that its in. I'd say they are impossible to miss considering the game points them out in the area in which they are in. Let's not even talk about the fact that previous games the legendary pokemon didn't even unlock until you finished the story (or rather finished the elite four). You can keep trying to argue the fact that they weren't but the fact is they were. I don't really need to make my point beyond what I've already said because I'm right.

Even if you ignore Event Pokemon and the ones you can only get by trading with the other version of the game, that still leaves six legendary Pokemon you can get in a single game (Zekrom(W)/Reshiram(B), Kyurem, Thundurus(W)/Tornadus(B), Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion) so you're missing two if you've only managed to find four. Besides, I never said is wasn't easier for you to get the legendaries compared to previous games. I was merely pointing out it is entirely possible to complete the story of Black and White while only encountering one of the legendaries (since you're required to catch Zekrom(W)/Reshiram(B) to continue the story).

As I said before, it is entirely possible to miss the Swords of Justice and Tornadus(B)/Thundurus(W) and still complete Black and White's story. If you managed to find them before completing the story, that's good for you, but it's not the same thing as the story throwing them in your face as you were trying to suggest.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Jazzycola

@FlarePhoenix: Yes you could and could not. Just like you could catch the Zekrom or not. The fact is the game actively tells you when to look for a pokemon which is no difference than them to have you make the decision on whether to have zekrom or more experience. If you actively ignore what the game is telling you what important than sure you could miss it but again why are you playing a game if you're not going to see what the game is telling you is important. So in other words, I'm right again.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By imsh_pl

I also loved the idea of having only gen V pokemon in B&W. It rejuvenated the urge to explore and, you know, catch 'em all. Pokemon Black is probably my favourite pokemon game because of that, although the annoying little additions and tons of minor loading times were a bit unpleasant.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@Jazzycola said:

@FlarePhoenix: Yes you could and could not. Just like you could catch the Zekrom or not. The fact is the game actively tells you when to look for a pokemon which is no difference than them to have you make the decision on whether to have zekrom or more experience. If you actively ignore what the game is telling you what important than sure you could miss it but again why are you playing a game if you're not going to see what the game is telling you is important. So in other words, I'm right again.

Well actually, if you knock Zekrom/Reshiram out, the game takes you back to the map and they're still in front of you, blocking you from continuing. You cannot continue the story until they are captured. Also, you do not gain any experience from knocking out Zekrom/Reshiram either.

Grim_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Grim_2_

@Hizang: Wait Vlcarona's a legendary pokemon.

@DonChipotle: Oh god I love joltik and Galvantula sooooo much compoundeyes plus thunder equals massive rape.

@j0lter: I'll see your lawnmower and raise you a refrigerator.

No Caption Provided

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sploder

I like how they give you the master ball in this game, it's like " Oh btw have this fuckin ball dude it's the sickest"

edit: Also Darmanitan is still an amazing, amazing fire type.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PhantomGardener

As long as Venomoth is in this game, you can count me in!

Grim_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Grim_2_

@PhantomGardener: Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can't catch Venomoth in BW2, but I be happy to give one away if you like.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#61  Edited By Dagbiker

@Grim_2_: At least you can still get this guy...

No Caption Provided

Grim_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Grim_2_

@Dagbiker: I was thinking about using vanillish but I already know who I was going to use in my team so there's no room for him.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#63  Edited By jacksukeru

@Grim_2_: Can you get Cubone? It's my favorite.

Also I didn't get B&W 'cause I was waiting for them to do the upgraded version thing they always do, so now I'm totally stoked to catch that icecream Pokemon. I've NEVER used an Ice type so it'll be interesting.

Grim_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Grim_2_

@JackSukeru: Sorry Jack you can't catch Cubone.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jacksukeru

@Grim_2_: /Darthvader.gif

Actually I could probably just transfer my Marowak from Diamond, it'll be good.

Grim_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Grim_2_
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By Hizang

@Grim_2_: I shouldn't have looked at that list, but oh well, I get Butterfree!

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PhantomGardener

@Grim_2_ said:

@PhantomGardener: Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can't catch Venomoth in BW2, but I be happy to give one away if you like.

Awww really? Well that sucks.. Thx for the offer, but I think I gone one lying around somewhere :p

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Grim_2_ said:

@JackSukeru: Hate to bring bad news again Jack but you can't access the pokemon transfer until you beat the champion(that is if your where going to use him during the story portion of the game).

You can trade any Pokemon from Black and White though, including guys who only appear in the National dex. So if you know someone with a copy of Black and White 1, you could trade with them for a Cubone. Alternatively, I'm sure someone on here could trade online with you. There's a really great variety of Pokemon to catch through the game though and I usually make it a point to use new ones and not just my favourites.

I'm pretty sure the reason they went with a direct sequel, rather than just another "third version" was exactly because a lot of people saw the obvious pattern and just started waiting for the third version releases.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By TehFlan

@Jazzycola said:

The only legendary in Red/Blue you couldn't get until after the elite four was Mewtwo. You could totally get the birds beforehand.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jacksukeru

@WinterSnowblind: Yeah, my decision to wait was based on the fact that I hadn't picked up whatever enhanced "third version" they made since Crystal and I felt like I could wait to get some extra stuff this time around. Them making it a direct sequel won't in any way get me to purchase the original b&w so doesn't really matter I guess.

I always try out new combinations of Pokemon as well, but Cubone is my favorite so it has to be there, even if I don't use it. I guess I'll try to get it through the online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.