Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

What do you want the next game to be?

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you want the next game to be? (63 votes)

Paired sequels like B2W2 16%
    A third version that is also a sequel 32%
    Regular third version 24%
    New game with no ties to the previous one 43%
    What's Pokemon? 11%

So the Pokemon franchise has largely stuck to the third version format with the exception of last year's Black 2 and White 2. With the next game should Game Freak continue the model of a third version with a slightly different story or should they do something else? Personally I'm tired of third versions as I don't really like them. I wouldn't mind a third version if it was a sequel though.

I would definitely prefer it over paired versions unless they did something like Black 2 and White 2 where each game had an exclusive location but this time with more exclusive locations. Like have parts of the Kalos Region look different in each game. Making Kalos bigger rather than coming up with a new region would be cool.

• 
    I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

POKEMON Z! All the pokemon become zombies and eat the other pokemon and trainers brains!

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never bought Yellow or any of its equivalents, so I don't really know what I would want from a third version. This is the first time I've got into competitive PvP though, so if they throw a move tutor in there that changes things up as much as the tutors in Black and White 2 apparently did then I may be strong-armed into buying it regardless. I expect there will be exclusive mega stones.

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can see them shipping the third version 'Z'.

I know I would like to see them work on the next generation, though that would be much further away than a third version. I really just wanna see them shake up the main structure of those games (a la 8 gyms + Evil Corporation + Elite Four)
    I'm not wanting a total departure, I like my Pokemon games, but you know... just something to spice it up. Though I guess it's a bit of a cliche to say that now right?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Paired sequels, but this time you get Johto starters instead of Kanto ones.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wackojackman: I'd like a change in the formula. The games have been following the same formula for like 15 years. It's time for a change.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Black and White 2 were the first games that tricked me into enjoying a third version, so I would hope for something similar to that. I'd prefer if it was just one game though. I feel like the point of a third version is that if you buy it in conjunction with the original game, you've got all the stuff, but instead they just added more exclusive legendaries. I enjoyed Gen 6 enough that I think I'm onboard for a third version whatever it may be though.

I'm curious what they'll do after that. Whether they go straight to Gen 7, or do a Ruby remake.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@crimsonavenger said:

@wackojackman: I'd like a change in the formula. The games have been following the same formula for like 15 years. It's time for a change.

How bout a twist, like the professor you meet at the beginning of the game was actually the true end game boss. He/she also happened to be a ditto.

I actually thought Pokemon XY was going somewhere with that whole 3000 years pokemon trainer / pokemon creepy love scenario but I guess they just pulled back the reigns a tiny bit at the end. Oh pokemon willing to change things up but not willing to go that extra mile.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: That would be pretty mind blowing. The Professor being a bad guy would be awesome. They really don't have much character to them. I'd also like to be able to turn off the music as I hate not being able to. I also wouldn't mind voice acting for once.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon vs Capcom

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wackojackman

@crimsonavenger: You got your voice acting in the form of "Pikachu!"

@i_stay_puft In some kind of self-aware way with the weak exposition you get for going out and filling your Pokedex, it's actually a ploy by the Professor to get you out of the way while he executes some evil deed and from there on it's a revenge story of you tracking down the Professor.

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By mousse_gallon

ruby/sapphire/emerald remakes

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwhom

idk if I want a pokemon based around that weird vagina plant I found in terminus cave. These games already have a good amount of content and online integration gives them much longer legs than back when ad hoc was the only option. But it'd be nice to have more things to do with the 200 or so pokes I normally end up catching before wrapping things up. Like, events. You need a horse pokemon to enter this event, you need a cat or dog or mouse for this event, you need something giant for this event, etc. Not minigames per say (the training and neopet stuff covers that plenty), something where stats and the moves they have and your skill as a player continue to be a factor. The flying battles were a good start down that road.

Something like Pokemon snap could be another, maybe that uses the camera. How fucked up would it be going around your city looking for certain things that would house certain pokemon. Like, check this garbage can maybe a trubbish is in there. Stuff like that. pan over to that construction site maybe you see a magnemite floating around. Maybe legendaries can only be found at world wonders, got to go see the sphinx if you wanna snap a moltres, Mew likes hanging out near the golden gate bridge, etc. I like games that make you look like a weirdo in public.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Bring back the original Pokemon and make it for the Wii U.

Then I will buy a Wii U.

And transform back into my child self.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@wackojackman: @crimsonavenger: I thought it was kinda funny the guy who looked like the leader of a Team Flare turned out to be the leader of Team Flare in XY. What a big revelation there guys!

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They should honestly just make the full on 3D open world Pokemon game for the WiiU already. But they either should start new or only use the first 2 regions of Pokemon, possibly the third as well. They just started to get dumb after Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mega Pokeman game on the WiiU. Full 3d graphics with an huge open world. You can see pokemon flying around, hiding in grass, have geodudes camouflaged in caves with zubat hanging overhead. Get a full character creator and choose what region to start off in. I've been out of the Pokemon game for quite a long time now and that would sell me on a WiiU and Pokemon. I've just severely upset myself because that would never happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The next Pokemon games will be Ruby and Saphire remakes using the same engine(?) as X and Y. After you beat the game, you get a Mega Stone for whichever starter you chose. Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampart, and Mega Blaziken (If you aren't sick of him). There will also be a lot of post game content.

You heard it here first.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I can already see where on the map all the extra towns will go, so I'm expecting it to be a sequel like Black & White 2. With enough improvements I could actually see myself picking up a third version. Haven't done that since Sapphire.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I assume the next one will be Pokemon 0/1. It will feature Zerodactyl and Onezilla.

seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Z version so I can say POKEYMANZ and have some justification for it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

A game where you go through all the previous regions with one persistent team and character. Essentially I'd like them to make and open world pokemon game.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

An MMO with the original 151 (plus a few) and then every year they can add in a new zone and a new generation or two to go along with it. I would buy a WiiU for that. If they just keeping doing handheld stuff like they have been in the past then I think I'm done for another 10 or so years like I was before. This gave me my fix of nostalgia and them just going back to what they have been doing of slight tweaks and a rerelease holds zero appeal to me.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwhom

What exactly do they get from an MMO? You can battle, team battle, and trade online in the games already, what else would you get from physically seeing other players via an MMO other than griefing? People act like an MMO is the most obvious idea ever, but all it would mean is you can walk up to an avatar to initiate shit that you can much more quickly do from a menu as it is. I feel like people who think an MMO is a brilliant fit havent played a pokemon game in ages, probably dont even know you can do shit online.

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't what's-his-name from Nintendo say something about wanting to keep Pokemon to the handhelds for some reason... Or am I making this up?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Paired sequels, but this time you get Johto starters instead of Kanto ones.

This. I want my Mega Feraligatr.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#26  Edited By vigorousjammer

I would want Pokémon... with turn-based battles, and similar gameplay to what they've got currently, except with more detailed graphics, and more of an open world.

I'd also want all of the Pokémon to be re-designed to look creepy & more detailed, but still cartoony... similar to the creature design of Dark Souls.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Jimbo

Pokemon Revolt, in which the enslaved monsters finally throw off the shackles of captivity and turn on their punk kid tormentors and hunt down that sneak fuck Professor Oak.

You play as Freemon, the Spartacus of the revolt, and must liberate and unite your fellow monsters to aid your cause. The game has a morality system in that you can either take bloody and spectacular revenge on the defeated trainers, or merely capture them in pokeballs to teach them a lesson. The latter leads to the good ending, with humanity and free monsters reconciling and living in harmony. The former leads to you eventually standing victorious over the smouldering ruins of Oak's village at the head of a monster army, realising too late that you have truly become a monster :(

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Carlos1408

@turtlebird95 said:

The next Pokemon games will be Ruby and Saphire remakes using the same engine(?) as X and Y. After you beat the game, you get a Mega Stone for whichever starter you chose. Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampart, and Mega Blaziken (If you aren't sick of him). There will also be a lot of post game content.

You heard it here first.

Who wouldn't choose Swampert (Mudkip), he's the best. Also I love the ground and water typing.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I feel like with their third legendary's name starting with a Z, they're probably pretty inclined to go the Pokemon Z route.

loremiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By loremiser

Z seems like the safest choice, especially with Zygarde existing.

Weirdly enough, if that is the plan, one of my favorite things are the redesigns for the new cover pokemon. Giratina's form given in Platinum made me want to catch one, and the Kyurem fusions were a thing we hadn't really seen up to that point, and still since. And with Zygardesimilarly lacking to me, whatever new form I assume he would get could be really cool.

Past that, just more excuses to be playing more Pokemon really; a new story, and a brand new adventure to start with. Playing X/Y for the first time was the most excited I have been for a Pokemon game since I opened up my copy of Red years ago, so I'd hope that the potential sequel (dare I say... Zequel... okay I'll stop) will be worth the wait.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Z seems like the safest choice, especially with

Zygarde

existing.

Weirdly enough, if that is the plan, one of my favorite things are the redesigns for the new cover pokemon. Giratina's form given in Platinum made me want to catch one, and the Kyurem fusions were a thing we hadn't really seen up to that point, and still since. And with

Zygarde

similarly lacking to me, whatever new form I assume he would get could be really cool.

Past that, just more excuses to be playing more Pokemon really; a new story, and a brand new adventure to start with. Playing X/Y for the first time was the most excited I have been for a Pokemon game since I opened up my copy of Red years ago, so I'd hope that the potential sequel (dare I say...

Zequel

... okay I'll stop) will be worth the wait.

On top of this, they're on record that directional axis were the inspiration for X/Y, which just about confirms Z in my books. I'd love it to be a sequel. Anyone who wants it to be a brand new game kinda is kinda missing the point, which is that they reuse a bunch of assets and things to put something out quicker and cheaper, while they likely work through the beginnings of the next gen. Saying "I want it to be a brand new game with no ties" is basically saying "I just want them to not do a third game this generation, even though it probably wouldn't make the new generation come any quicker."

CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping that the third version is a sequel instead of a remake with some tweaks. I thought White 2 was a huge improvement over the original. Maybe the 3D feature won't be total shit next time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.