Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Prey 2 was the follow-up to Human Head's first-person shooter Prey. Bethesda confirmed the game's cancelation on October 30, 2014.

Rumour: Apparently Arkane is now working on it

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So according to everybody's favourite gaming news site Kotaku, Prey 2 is now being developed at Arkane which, now that I think about it, would make a whole bunch of sense. If there is anything to it, we probably hear about it during E3 I guess?

Also, here is a quote from Kotaku that makes me...happy. Just pure, raw happiness is flooding my veins right now. (and a whole bunch of doubt and disbelief too, but shut up! I'm happy!)

Higher-ups at Arkane are telling the team to forget that it's called Prey 2 and just treat it like a new System Shock.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Sold!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@abendlaender said:

So according to everybody's favourite gaming news site Kotaku, Prey 2 is now being developed at Arkane which, now that I think about it, would make a whole bunch of sense. If there is anything to it, we probably hear about it during E3 I guess?

Also, here is a quote from Kotaku that makes me...happy. Just pure, raw happiness is flooding my veins right now. (and a whole bunch of doubt and disbelief too, but shut up! I'm happy!)

Higher-ups at Arkane are telling the team to forget that it's called Prey 2 and just treat it like a new System Shock.

The reason you're happy is the reason I'm bummed out.

Don't get me wrong, a modern System Shock would probably be fucking great. The problem is that we were promised a different kind of Prey 2, and it sounded really, really good.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abendlaender

@oldirtybearon:

I actually know what you mean. Prey 2 looked amazing and I would love to see the game as Human Head envisioned it. But I'll take a "new System Shock" with just as much enthusiasm and it sounds like the Prey 2 they showed is not going to make it, sadly enough. Cause you are right, it looked really, really, really, REALLY good.

Also this is of course just a rumour and who knows what "treat it like a new System Shock" actually means. It might end up like Bioshock (which was a very good game, don't get me wrong but I very disappointed with the game cause I expected basically System Shock 3) or it might end up like Syndicate 2012 and nobody is happy (or everybody, whatever)

But if Arkane really is working on it now, that's a reason to be psyched at least for me cause I loved Dishonored, LOVED² Dark Messiah and really enjoyed Arx Fatalis. So I trust them (more then the rest at least) to make a good game.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Klei

I'd rather get another Dishonored, but hey, i'm coo-.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't change the art direction and style of the game I don't like the cartoonish look from Dishonored.I feel bad for Human Head I really liked what they where doing with Prey 2 seems like history is repeating itself with another huge delay like the first game. I really hope Arkane don't f this up sucks that all the work got scrapped from Human Head hopefully they can bounce back from this.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei: And we'll get one but I don't mind if they do something else first.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@jec03 said:

I hope they don't change the art direction and style of the game I don't like the cartoonish look from Dishonored.I feel bad for Human Head I really liked what they where doing with Prey 2 seems like history is repeating itself with another huge delay like the first game. I really hope Arkane don't f this up sucks that all the work got scrapped from Human Head hopefully they can bounce back from this.

I think the problem is that the "work" that HH did didn't amount to much more than a really awesome target render demo. If they were actually anywhere near replicating that into a playable experience, Bethesda wouldn't have felt the need to take it away from them.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didnt they say rebellion creators of rogue warrior said no to this ? LOL

Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didnt they say rebellion creators of rogue warrior said no to this ? LOL

Prey 2, starring Mickey Rourke as a space bounty hunter who says "fuck" a whole bunch. Think about it.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PHenry1991

Now do they start from Scratch, or are they given whatever has been worked on? If this is true of course, which it probably is. I mean, I'd assume it would be more cost-effective at this point, to just finish up what has already been made, but maybe from a quality perspective it'd be better for Arkane to just start from scratch and run with their own vision(whatever that could/would be.).

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ViciousReiven

Hell I'll take anything Arkane makes, Prey 2, System Shock 3 whatever.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell I'll take anything Arkane makes, Prey 2, System Shock 3 whatever.

System Prey 5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.