By Lies 0 Comments
In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Spoilers, obviously.
- Hmmm... Let's start with surviving a lightsaber through the chest, being smashed into like three walls, then thrown out a window into the FUCKING VACUUM OF SPACE. And surviving. Needing nothing but an arm brace.
- Being able to bring down a gorram (yes I said gorram. Watch Firefly dammit) Star Destroyer, but not pick up an AT-ST, or stop the Rogue Shadow (Darkside ending)
- EVERYBODY FORGETTING ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE BEFORE A NEW HOPE
- Luke never ever running into General Kota, despite the fact that they're two of the few remaining Jedi, and both key Alliance commanders
- The Rebel Founders completely IGNORING a giant fucking space station with a laser big enough to destroy planets for three years before deciding to do anything about it.
- Bail Organa not GTFOing Alderraan when he saw said giant fucking space station jump in-system in A New Hope
- PROXY using the Force when you fight him O_O
- Oh, also, Vader totally uses Force Lightning in the boss fight against him (Well, you can lightning lock with him), which would totally be impossible, seeing as Vader has mechanical hands and all.
Those complaints aside, I really actually did enjoy the story of TFU immensely. I wish it had fleshed out the character interactions a bit more, as I certainly wouldn't have minded spending a bit more time with these characters, seeing as there's zero chance of a sequel or extending Starkiller's story.I would have loved to see some of the search for General Kota, or even just some of the conversations between Juno and Starkiller, or more of Starkiller and PROXY. They're all good characters, and the underlying story is a great one, but I wish it could have been given some more time.
The story was great, the gameplay not as much. I honestly didn't think it was as bad as some made it out to be, but honestly, it's just not up to par with today's action games. However, the stellar Force powers certainly make up for the weak Lightsaber combat, as flinging Stortroopers around with the Force never gets old to me. I'm going for 1000/1000 points, just need a few mastery achievements, which are easy, but time-consuming.
Final verdict: Great story, decent gameplay, glitchy as hell, but still something I'm glad to own. Review may be coming if I ever get around to it. Also: Cheat Code Guide for it. GIVE ME CLIIIICCCCKKKSSS!
Tons of plotholes. I blame Lucas for screwing up his own Universe.