By patrickklepek 58 Comments
There’s a reason Giant Bomb’s news section doesn’t have many posts each day. If you want updates every few minutes, exhaustively covering every corner of the industry, there are other places to suit your needs.
That said, I do read many of those places while browsing around, and I’ve been wondering if there was a way to incorporate some of the pieces I’ve been reading into a discussion for the community. In addition to news that’s not worthy of its own spot on Giant Bomb, I’m usually linking to insightful critical pieces that deserve to be read by a wider audience exclusively through the madness of Twitter.
I’m not confident this is something I could file every day, as too much crazy shit happens spontaneously at Giant Bomb, like a two-hour Vita livestream that somehow goes on for five hours. There could be an argument for one of these on Mondays and Fridays, or Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays--or just Fridays, as a way to transition into the weekend. Or every day! I don't know! Stop yelling!
Maybe this will just live in this blog post and never appear on the main page after this. Who knows? You tell me.
Hey, You Should Read This:
- “Easy Does it Harder,” a piece by Michael Abbott of Brainy Gamer, in which Abbott mulls the layers of complexity in modern games, and whether even the simplest of games have now been affected.
- "Your Story Sucks," an essay by Kotaku reporter Jason Schreier, arguing the idea of judging video game stories in terms of whether they are “good” or “bad” misses the point of their potental impact.
Newsworthy and Noteworthy :
- Rockstar Games is not ruling out the idea of another L.A. Noire game
- iCade is rolling out an NES-styled controller for iPhone that doesn’t look horribly awkward
- Even though Minecraft is on Android and iOS (and soon Xbox 360), don’t expect it for Vita
- Apple is working with manufacturing partner Foxconn to increase auditing transparency
- President of Sony worldwide studios Shuhei Yoshida is pissed the company passed on Demon’s Souls