Delayed Video Games
These are the games that went through many development complications. Some have good excuses but some are simply unacceptable.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
- Shigeru Miyamoto
A summary of what you must NOT do when making a video game:
- Always stick to one game engine
- Choose your publisher wisely
- Don't make public announcements that are too ambitious and not 100% guaranteed
- Communication with fellow employees is key
- Spend money wisely
- Game design is important. Write stuff down first before implementing it
- Just don't take FOREVER (Haha! Suck it, 3D Realms!)
Please suggest more games that went through development hell.
The games have been carefully listed, so the ones that are still under development (or cancelled) will be on top whereas the other ones that have been released are at the bottom.
Special thanks to Gump.