Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Punch-Out!!

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Nintendo brings back Little Mac and a slew of memorable opponents in this Wii remake of the cartoon-boxing classic.

Here's What Two-Player Looks Like In Punch-Out!!

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    Were you aware the upcoming Punch-Out!! revival has two-player boxing? I wasn't. I was aware that the game feels like a great nostalgia piece, with its classic tunes and even classic-er gameplay that, for better or worse, feels almost exactly like the original NES game when played with the D-pad and button controls.

OK, halfway through writing this, Jeff and Ryan started mocking me for missing the previous multiplayer trailer for Punch-Out!!, which we even posted about a while back. So go watch that.

Then look at these screenshots! Giga Mac for everyone!

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
    Were you aware the upcoming Punch-Out!! revival has two-player boxing? I wasn't. I was aware that the game feels like a great nostalgia piece, with its classic tunes and even classic-er gameplay that, for better or worse, feels almost exactly like the original NES game when played with the D-pad and button controls.

OK, halfway through writing this, Jeff and Ryan started mocking me for missing the previous multiplayer trailer for Punch-Out!!, which we even posted about a while back. So go watch that.

Then look at these screenshots! Giga Mac for everyone!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By vaiz

Giga mac reminds me verily of a gorilla. I bet he could beat a bear, a shark, and a t-rex all at once in a fight.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm still not entirely sold on this as a full priced game.  I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually when it's discounted, but we'll see how it goes.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tiwi

i'm up for it, bring me Down! or i'll bring You...
    Awww fuck it, i'm not paying THAT much money for this, sorry Nintendo price = how much I want to play it + length times two.

10 + 2 hours x 2 = 12 dollars x 2 = 24 dollars   
    Win!!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Luke

This announcement was an exclusive to GameTrailers TV like a week and a half ago, or something.  Reggie gave it up in an interview. 

EDIT: Here's the link to the interview I was talking about!: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47943.html

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

It sounds like they're cramming many extras to the old school Punch-Out experience to make it last longer. Head to head, unlockables, characters returning with new patterns to challenge YOU for the title after you become champion, I can't wait. Of course. the meat of the game is still to time attack your opponents so if people aren't into that they shouldn't buy it. It's not a conventional beat 'em up like Street Fighter IV.

For head to head, does it actually go out of the split screen when one of you turns into giga mac? If so, it's a neat feature, forcing you to play in reverse or something, to compensate for the extra strength you have. If that's just for the screenshots, oh well.

Also the game looks like, 5x better in actual motion with the trailers we've seen, they shouldn't even release screenshots, lol.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

@Luke, yeah, they don't say it was just announced, they just show the screens. We've had a trailer show it after all, I'm not sure if GIant Bomb showed that but they probably did at some point. If not, oh well, it's just a Wii game, you can't expect the gang to pay attention, right? >_>

We were discussing this here.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Luke

@Al3xand3r huh? I was just letting loose my knowledge on this subject... not saying that Brad sucks at paying attention or anything :p 

It's a kewl vid, so people should def check-it-out! :)

delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By delicious_lie

haha brad you big silly. why wouldn't you go to Giant Bomb Dot Com for all your video game information before posting on Giant Bomb Dot Com with all your video game information?

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Death_Burnout

Am i the only one depressed that anything that isn't Endurance Run gets very little comments?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

I'd love to show you how it's done Brad Shoemaker, so says Jeff and Ryan.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12  Edited By ImperiousRix

Hahahaha, poor Brad had his "big announcement" thunder stolen.
    Yeah, I remember the trailer being posted on here a while back.  Seems like an interesting idea, but I don't know how it's going to play.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Media_Master

2player, not surprised

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.