Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Conundrum

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 21, 2012

When the brilliant but eccentric Professor Fitz Quadwrangle accidentally strands himself in an alternate dimension, he gets his young nephew to don a dimension-shifting techno-glove in order to solve puzzles and explore the sprawling halls of Quadwrangle Manor to find a way to rescue him.

Kim Swift Introduces the World to a Quantum Conundrum

• 109 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#101  Edited By BeachThunder
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

man this was a real disappointment. I was hoping for some real exploration of mathematical spatial dimensions. maybe that was hoping for too much. But Portal 1.5 with bad art and textures... mistaking momentum and velocity .. bummer. Swapping out shader code while making some real-time changes to basic parameters of an off-the-shelf physics engine isn't all that interesting.

Nailed it. Seems Kim has run out of ideas.

If this is what running out of ideas is, then I wish everyone would run out of ideas too - particularly those that constantly churn out sequels, rereleases, reboots, remakes, spin-offs and licenced games.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

man this was a real disappointment. I was hoping for some real exploration of mathematical spatial dimensions. maybe that was hoping for too much. But Portal 1.5 with bad art and textures... mistaking momentum and velocity .. bummer. Swapping out shader code while making some real-time changes to basic parameters of an off-the-shelf physics engine isn't all that interesting.

If this is what running out of ideas is, then I wish everyone would run out of ideas too - particularly those that constantly churn out sequels, rereleases, reboots, remakes, spin-offs and licenced games.

This is Portal 1.5 with a cutesy art style. This is literally a Portal 1.5 'reboot' or spin off.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BeachThunder
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

This is Portal 1.5 with a cutesy art style. This is literally a Portal 1.5 'reboot' or spin off.

I don't understand what you mean by Portal 1.5. I can't see any similarities between this and Portal, other than the same designer and the same genre - and I know you're not stupid enough to avoid a game because you've played another game in the same genre before.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

I don't understand what you mean by Portal 1.5. I can't see any similarities between this and Portal, other than the same designer and the same genre - and I know you're not stupid enough to avoid a game because you've played another game in the same genre before.

If you can't see any similarities between this and Portal good luck to you. :) Anyone else with half a brain definitely can.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By BeachThunder
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

If you can't see any similarities between this and Portal good luck to you. :) Anyone else with half a brain definitely can.

Well, I may not be able to see much of a similarity between Portal and Quantum Conundrum, but I can certainly see the similarity between that comment and your other posts where you attempt to belittle others by constantly throwing pithy insults at everyone else.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

Well, I may not be able to see much of a similarity between Portal and Quantum Conundrum, but I can certainly see the similarity between that comment and your other posts where you attempt to belittle others by constantly throwing pithy insults at everyone else.

I'm not belittling you and I wasn't the person who brought the question of intellect into this conversation. I know you're not stupid enough to try and edit quoted history.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BeachThunder

I@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@BeachThunder said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@tourgen said:

I'm not belittling you and I wasn't the person who brought the question of intellect into this conversation. I know you're not stupid enough to try and edit quoted history.

I acknowledged that you weren't stupid. Also, I assume you haven't edited your post history; it's littered with all sorts of snarky comments.
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By LegalBagel

What is up with the hate here? Looks like a really interesting puzzle game and it'll be great to see what they end up doing with the dimensions concepts. I don't see at all the "Portal 1.5" complaints unless you want to say that every first person puzzle game is a Portal rip-off.

And even if you did consider it Portal 1.5, is there something wrong with a new Portal game (from a creator of Portal no less) with new concepts and puzzle ideas?

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#109  Edited By MeatSim

Is there a meat dimension though?

kadayi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By kadayi

The whole notion of a fluffy dimension amuses me. Games looks cutesy and yes certainly building upon Portal, but that's no bad thing.

Godmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By Godmil

gameplay seems fine, but I hope they address the fact that either:

1. The main character is 1 foot tall.

2. The level designers have no concept of scale.

Praab_NZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#112  Edited By Praab_NZ

This isnt very similar to portal at all.. The similarities really stop at laser switches.

Looks great though, will be interested to see more.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By Zaapp1

Makes me go "meh?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.