Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

I don't get it?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

I don't get what cool about the game is there a hook it looks like just another fps?

truebornracer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By truebornracer

I'm just interested to see where id goes with a property that seems to have a sort of fiction associated with it. I mean Doom and Quake are great games but not exactly pillars of game storytelling.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fbomb

Well, it has a look of Fallout 3, but it's completely a live action FPS. It looks like what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was supposed to be. But, yeah, I'm with you. Looks like just another shooter to me, in yet another post-apocalyptic wasteland, with a well edited trailer set to exciting music.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By keyhunter

As long as I can shoot dudes with better graphics and their bodies explode better I'm happy.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @Fbomb: So it's Borderlands but not an rpg, not class based, and doesn't have 87 Caztrillion guns.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fbomb
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " @Fbomb: So it's Borderlands but not an rpg, not class based, and doesn't have 87 Caztrillion guns. "
    You forgot to mention the exciting trailer music. Very much a selling feature for everyone that's going nuts for this game right now. :P
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Novyx

I'm more excited about the engine than the game. I would love for Unreal 3 to go away ASAP.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mordukai
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " I don't get what cool about the game is there a hook it looks like just another fps? "
    A lot of the excitement is because Rage is a fresh new IP from id. I don't know what game you are looking at but to me Rage does not seem like another FPS, though we will all get a chance to see what the game is all about when it comes out...whenever that's going to happen. 
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @Novyx: Oh yeah forgot about that isn't it idtedh 5 or something. and yeah ue3 sucks.
    HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By HawkSE

This looks like Oblivion with Guns like Fallout with Cars. That's my description of RAGE thus far.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

I think it looks fun, and also I'm interested in id's new game engine.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

You dont understand, they are in an ARK which is nothing like a vault! GOD, You people dont understand brilliance! And our wasteland has no radiation, but there are mutants, and no trees, and giant creatures...... 

Ya, i agree, it doesnt make alot of sense, but at least it should look good, good enough to make my PC melt anyways.....
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By breadfan

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out solely because it is a new id property

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.