Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Problem with Disc Swap to Disc Two with 360 Version

TenStoryMother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TenStoryMother

Did anyone else have a problem with swapping to disc two (when the game asks you to)? I have Rage installed on my 360's hard drive and when it asked me to swap, I inserted disc two and the system told me there was an update to the game but could not find it. The 360 promptly shuts down the game and goes back to the system's home screen. I can start the game from disc two but it doesn't recognize that I've installed the game (from inside the game only as it recognizes it's been installed from the 360's game screen). So, without the install being recognized my once quiet 360 now sounds like a jet engine with the disc drive spinning. Anyone else encounter this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Jack_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Jack_Frost

I actually encountered this, but after it went back to dashboard, I just fired-up the game again with Disc 2 in the drive.

The game came back normally and when I asked it to continue campaign it went right into the introduction flyover of Subway Town.

So I didn't do anything specific to fix the problem, it just kind of happened.

But I'll tell you what: if it had turned out that the error meant I couldn't finish the game, I wouldn't have been too upset. I've been thisclose to abandoning the game since I first started it because the game is a dreadful bore.

I'm so glad I didn't pay for this...

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @Jack_Frost said:

I actually encountered this, but after it went back to dashboard, I just fired-up the game again with Disc 2 in the drive.

Although I don't know how Rage operates, that's usually the solution to disc-changing problems.
    deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deanoxd

yea every time i switched disks it crashed, but like Jack said just go to the dashboard and start the game again it will go to where you want, because it auto saves just before the swap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.