Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

So I was hyped for Rage......

GoGreenRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GoGreenRanger

Now I have the game(still unopened) and wonder, should I return it.. lol.    Maybe I should get Forza 4 and comeback to RAGE at a later date(after a price drop or something)? 
    Already getting Arkham city, Zelda, Uncharted 3(a full plate really...)  Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)
    shakra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By shakra

if you dont want it return it if you do then dont.

jyost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jyost

What are the problems with the 360 version?

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I went to the store on Friday, or was it Saturday.....yeah it was Saturday and I had intended to get a bag of those large fluffy Cheetos but the store had none so i ended up buying the smaller crispy ones instead. thing is, im not a big fan of Cheetos.  True story.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ttocs

The game is getting solid reviews in the 80's and you are thinking of returning it? There's nothing wrong with the game besides some minor first day gripes that people always complain about. If you expected to see people only praising the game on day 1 then you obviously never purchased a game on release date. Give it a few days and people will stop griping. You either want to play the game, or you don't...if people complaining about small issues is turning you off that much, then you obviously weren't very hyped for it.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maajin

I just can't believe that people still pre-order. Especially with new IPs / franchises.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GoGreenRanger said:

Now I have the game(still unopened) and wonder, should I return it.. lol. Maybe I should get Forza 4 and comeback to RAGE at a later date(after a price drop or something)? Already getting Arkham city, Zelda, Uncharted 3(a full plate really...) Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

I stopped my pre-order about a week ago and pre-ordered Forza 4. After watching the quicklook, it looks like a game i'd play, just not for 60 bucks I guess.

GoGreenRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GoGreenRanger

Yeah I guess the realization is i'm not as hyped for it as I was :/ thanks for the replies.

zichster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zichster

I guess the hype was because the game is from ID, and they are expected to put out greatness. People rank them up there with Blizzard and Valve but truth is, they haven't put out a decent title since Quake 3 Arena (Doom 3 was ass). I'm not sure why everyone, including myself keeps expecting greater things. I'm moving my preorder to purchase one of the other 6 games I'm buying this year.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BisonHero

@shakra said:

if you dont want it return it if you do then dont.

Steve Zissou?

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Lnin0

Reviews are saying the game is around 12 hours long with minimal story and rpg elements. No multiplayer other than some car racing and a handful of tacked on coop missions. I say that can wait for a big price drop. Nobody will be playing MP so you aren't missing anything.

The other thing I cannot figure out is how the hell does a 12 hour game span 2 dvds on the Xbox?

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thespartandon

Well you got it already, sooooo I'd say just play it. It's not as if the game is bad.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By noremnants

@Lnin0: Megatextures. There are 0 repeating textures unlike every other game released to this point. All textures are completely unique.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By cstrang

@Lnin0 said:

Reviews are saying the game is around 12 hours long with minimal story and rpg elements. No multiplayer other than some car racing and a handful of tacked on coop missions. I say that can wait for a big price drop. Nobody will be playing MP so you aren't missing anything.

The other thing I cannot figure out is how the hell does a 12 hour game span 2 dvds on the Xbox?

3 DVDs, I think. And it's because of the graphics. Them pretty, shiny pictures take up a lotta space.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deanoxd

i have played about 4 1/2 hours of Rage so far on 360 and i really like it, i don't have any issues with the game i like the what the game is and what it is offering. i would say play it but thats just my opinion.

thaatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thaatguy

I'm about two hours in and I'd say the game is finally picking up. If you are a shooter fan, which I assume you are, it is worth a play. Especially considering the fact you already have it.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By metalmoog

Yep. I got it and am diggin it. No complaints. RAGE is good if you want a pretty looking and fun shooter that's not revolutionary.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By haggis

I've been vaguely interested in the game, but I had some concerns that have mostly been confirmed: minimal RPG elements, and an open world that really isn't an open world. Minimal exploration. 12-15 hours of gameplay. While it certainly looks gorgeous, that's simply not enough for me. So I'll pass, for now. Maybe when it's $20, but not at $60.

Everything I've seen says the game is great for what it is. I'm just not a straight-up FPS fan. If you are, and you have the game, just play it.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By pweidman

Wow, this thread is loaded w/misconceptions and assumptions. I'm playing RAGE now and it is awesome. Granted it's a fps with lite rpg elements, you know, nothing groundbreaking, but if you like tremendous visuals, astoundingly good enemy AI, fantastic animations, and tons of content(especially if you seek out all the side missions)in your shooters, then this game is for you. ID poured so much love into every detail in this game and it really shows. It does not deserve any of these doubts, especially from those who haven't played the game at all.

Oh and btw, the mp is not a tack on and has a good amount of customization available, and should be a blast, especially for car combat fans. It's different, not just the same old stuff. Good on ID for putting out something fresh for mp.

As for the TC's question: it's your money and decision, but just know it's a very good game and worth every penny of the asking price imo.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By invadernick

I'm about 3 hours in, I love it so far. The enemy movements and AI really distinguish the game from other shooters.

Nefhril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nefhril

@Maajin said:

I just can't believe that people still pre-order. Especially with new IPs / franchises.

In this case I would understand it's id software after all... Any ways I'm loving it, I'm 5 hours in and had to put down the controller cause it was 3am and I was about to fall asleep.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Rowr

By the time steam drops the price or puts it on sale down from 90 fucking dollars, it should be mostly patched up anyway. I got enough going on I can put it on hold for a while.

Nefhril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nefhril

@invadernick said:

I'm about 3 hours in, I love it so far. The enemy movements and AI really distinguish the game from other shooters.

Yea the enemy behavior is really something in Rage, never seen anything like it. The combat really comes to life... well at least till you have killed all of them ;)

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Jams

@pweidman said:

Wow, this thread is loaded w/misconceptions and assumptions. I'm playing RAGE now and it is awesome. Granted it's a fps with lite rpg elements, you know, nothing groundbreaking, but if you like tremendous visuals, astoundingly good enemy AI, fantastic animations, and tons of content(especially if you seek out all the side missions)in your shooters, then this game is for you. ID poured so much love into every detail in this game and it really shows. It does not deserve any of these doubts, especially from those who haven't played the game at all.

Oh and btw, the mp is not a tack on and has a good amount of customization available, and should be a blast, especially for car combat fans. It's different, not just the same old stuff. Good on ID for putting out something fresh for mp.

As for the TC's question: it's your money and decision, but just know it's a very good game and worth every penny of the asking price imo.

I think the misconceptions people are having can be at least partly blamed on id. They should have said what this game was or wasn't. Instead they went and kept mum about what the game doesn't do. So people naturally started assuming this and that all with id would neither confirm or deny any of it. That's why even the Giant Bomb crew weren't quite sure what the game was until it was released. I'm thinking that this tactic is backfiring on id right now.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By JTB123
    @invadernick said:

This is what is standing out the most for me too, enemies don't just stand there and let you shoot them. They run, jump, climb, dive and dodge constantly, which makes the encounters much more exciting than most shooters.  

Rage isn't revolutionary, but that doesn't stop it from being an incredibly polished and well made game. 
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By JoeyRavn

@invadernick said:

I've played around 2 hours, 2 and a half maybe. The shooting parts are great and the combat feels really meaningful. But the sections in between, urgh. "Go do this fetch quest here, talk with this guy, go fetch some more, race this race, talk some more, fetch some more". I couldn't stand it, sorry. I stopped playing when the sheriff were forcing me to get another car because the one I was using "didn't pack a punch".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.