Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rahm Kota

Character » appears in 2 games

A hardboiled Jedi General of the Clone Wars that survived Order 66 and who Darth Vader sends his secret apprentice to kill.

So this guy... (TFU spoilers)

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Lies

This guy brings up a bit of a major question for me. If he's a Jedi Master, and founding member of the Rebel Alliance, why doesn't he train Luke? I kinda figured they'd kill him off during TFU, but they didn't, so presumably he's still around during the original trilogy. And if he's still alive then, why does Luke have to go train under Yoda when Kota could just as easily do it?

Seems like a major continuity error to me :S

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Thats an intresting idea and I assume it will come back up one day who knows a force unleashed 2 may let us take control on Kota as he falls to his death against some sort of sith enime :D

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By giyanks22
    Lies said:
    "This guy brings up a bit of a major question for me. If he's a Jedi Master, and founding member of the Rebel Alliance, why doesn't he train Luke? I kinda figured they'd kill him off during TFU, but they didn't, so presumably he's still around during the original trilogy. And if he's still alive then, why does Luke have to go train under Yoda when Kota could just as easily do it?

Seems like a major continuity error to me :S"
    Maybe because Kota's blind, and he gets killed fighting with the rebels. Also it was easier for Yoda, because Obi-Wan had to convince Yoda to train Luke, and remember Yoda says to Luke when he dies, "You are the last of the Jedi," so that means that all Jedi are dead except Luke.
    SunBurntYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SunBurntYeti

i was under the impression that he couldn't use the force anymore, because he was blind. 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Willy105

Yoda >>> Him

And Obi Wan Kenobi knows Yoda, but he never met Rahn. Why would Ben send Luke to train with someone whi he not only doesn't know, he is blind.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By Lies
    SunBurntYeti said:
    "i was under the impression that he couldn't use the force anymore, because he was blind. "
    He pulls Palpatine's Lightsaber to him with the force in the final cutscene; I think the idea was he was lying about not being able to use the Force so Starkiller would think his identity was safe from Kota.

But it seems like Kota would just be a fairly obvious mentor to Luke, I can't imagine Luke being high in Alliance command and never ever meeting one of it's founders.

I dunno, maybe he's on Alderaan when it blows up or something, but the way they left it it's a big plothole.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Lies its very simple, George Lucas has been screwing up the canon of Star Wars since day one.

I mean look at Starkiller...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.