Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rapture

Location » linked to 5 games

Andrew Ryan, the creator and designer of the city known as Rapture, once said, "it was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the sea -- it was impossible to build it anywhere else."

What do you think Rapture looks like now?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

If it were real, what do you think Rapture would look like? Also, this was going to be another thread, but do you think we'll see another Bioshock take place in Rapture?

Not only do you think that, but if there was, what kind of game would you like to see out of that? I can see there being one, but I don't imagine, as of right now, that they have anything planned for another Bioshock that takes place in Rapture. Anyways, one thing, if they did make another one, that I would love to see, is it takes place in modern times, and Rapture by then is unknown to all, but one man goes there (somehow). I'd love that. That's what I kind of wanted from the first Bioshock when I had played it back in 07, but that time has passed and I can't care less now and love it for what it is.

Then maybe, it'd be cool to make a Bioshock that's kind of like ODST? I don't know, but it being kind of open world-ish, where the protagonist ventures through places that were present in the last two Bioshock's and then new ones. That may not work well, but I'd like to see more Rapture, I love that setting and I don't believe it's been worn out as some have said. Also, my stated ideas on what I think should be in a new Bioshock are kind of like on the run thoughts, 'cause I don't really have any great complete ideas as to what a new game could be, I would just love to visit Rapture again in an all new game.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to what that game could be? Maybe it could be a unique adventure first person game, where you just visit there, either before it all went to hell, in modern times, or maybe Rapture was taken over and is run by the United Nations, so it's refurbished, and used as a tourist attraction, or maybe you can even mix those ideas together and have it be a newly redone Rapture, and the UN have something planned, and everything goes crappy again. I don't know, would you even want to see another game take place there?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@NTM said:

but do you think we'll see another Bioshock take place in Rapture?

I think I said this in my BioShock 2 blog, but I'd like to see a Fallout 3-esque RPG in Rapture detailing exactly how the city came to fall. I know the first game gives us enough information to understand how this happened, but it would still be an interesting concept.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

@Video_Game_King said:

@NTM said:

but do you think we'll see another Bioshock take place in Rapture?

I think I said this in my BioShock 2 blog, but I'd like to see a Fallout 3-esque RPG in Rapture detailing exactly how the city came to fall. I know the first game gives us enough information to understand how this happened, but it would still be an interesting concept.

Sorry, but it's not like I read your blog. Yeah, I guess that'd be interesting.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By DarthOrange

It probably looks something like Detroit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.