• 71 results
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grissefar

Wow I knew the sales would suck a dick man, but 38th, 42nd and 58th - I can't believe it, Zach. Since it's below top 30, vgchartz doesn't even reveal the sales numbers man, so all we know is that it's well below 18k globally for each platform. Now I know that game sales have sucked the last years but this just sucks a massive dick the likes of which I have never seen before.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

I bought it....and it's awesome. People are seriously missing out on an awesome platformer :(

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By vivek

Everyone is waiting for GTA V and new consoles.

By everyone I mean the majority of people that buy games. I agree that it sucks but their release window has not done them any favors.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I know I bought it, and that's all that matters to me!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A lot of people probably look at it and say "why the hell is this 2d game 60 bucks?" not realizing that it has a butt load of content. That, and GTAV releases in a week. Not many people buy 2 60 dollar games that close to eachother

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

They should have released it earlier this year like they were going to. I bet it would have sold a lot better.

jfunkhouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's too bad for such an awesome game. I bought it day one, worth every fucking penny.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Brenderous

I'll probably get it eventually. I feel like I was all ready and jazzed up for it before it got delayed, and now that's it's out I'm all "whatevs."

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superfriend

That's too bad for such an awesome game. I bought it day one, worth every fucking penny.

Yeah pretty much. It has a couple of issues on PC, but it´s an amazing game and easily worth the price on the PC. I don´t know about 60 dollars though.. for a fan of the genre, definitely. But there seem to be so few platformer fans out there these days.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, VGchartz.

That said, it's reasonable to assume that Rayman Legends won't have sold too well. On the bright side, it'll do better numbers than Origins and it'll sell significantly more than if it had been a WiiU exclusive.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

That's a shame. I really want to get it but I'm wanting to really play it on the WiiU, which I don't have yet.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ubisoft choose to release it the same month of GTA, they pretty much set it up for failure anyway.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By NMC2008

How did Origins sell? That should be an indication of the popularity of the character and series. Honestly, from what I have played so far of Legends, it feels like an expansion pack to Origins, mind you I have only played about 6 levels or so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jfunkhouser said:

Yeah pretty much. It has a couple of issues on PC

The biggest being that it is made by fucking Ubisoft.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting until it's a bit cheaper. I know, I'm the problem.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjor64 said:

They should have released it earlier this year like they were going to. I bet it would have sold a lot better.

I doubt it, since it was a Wii U exclusive back then.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping this game would have a bioshock infinite or last of us effect, critical reception was overwhelming for those titles as it is for Rayman Legends, sadly we live in a gaming market that puts graphics above gameplay in most instances, I will take a step back and say that it isn't always the case, but I think its a damn shame that they could put out one of the most inspired platformers in years and receive such low sales. If this doesn't pick up I guarantee Rayman is dead, we are at a situation where after delaying the game to refine it from its previous release date, Ubisoft may not see any greater return on investment if they had just released it as is some months ago. Either the community rallies to support this title or Ubisoft is gonna consider this type of platformer dead and chock it up to avoid like the plague status.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A lot of people probably look at it and say "why the hell is this 2d game 60 bucks?" not realizing that it has a butt load of content. That, and GTAV releases in a week. Not many people buy 2 60 dollar games that close to eachother

Is it 60 bucks? Yeah that is steep. If I didn't visit this site I wouldn't have even considered it. A shame really, I've also seen 0 marketing for it so that doesn't help.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

lol, VGchartz.

C'mon man, just because you are one, doesn't mean you have to act like one. A dickhead, I mean. And spare me your argument man. Ha ! Ha !

@wolfgame said:

sadly we live in a gaming market that puts graphics above gameplay in most instances

Yeah all people care about these days are their shitty graphics and their animation, no matter how clunky the gameplay becomes. That's why I loved Revengeance man, 0% bullshit, gameplay all the way. It just felt hella cool. In these days that's more than a miracle.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rowr

Didn't this totally happen with origins to begin with?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

Didn't this totally happen with origins to begin with?

Yep. It's like we traveled back to 2011.

And yet I'm not surprised at all despite both games being critically acclaimed. Platformers of this size and scope are mostly dead unless the Mario name is attached to it. If Rayman Legends were a smaller downloadable game, it might sell much better.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Honestly were we going to think any different? its Rayman and this game got little to no advertising or buzz talk at all. While a game like GTA V I've seen plastered and talked about everywhere.

@vivek: I think bigger issue then GTA V is them releasing it a week before PAX. Obviously outlets will either talk about pax or tgs.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@chiablo: It wouldn't have been up against the entire September release slate, either. As an April Wii U exclusive, it would have stood a better shot of not getting lost in the shuffle.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could , I dunno , it be that Rayman is a fuckin ugly uninteresting character for some people and no matter how beautiful they make the stages playing that character or the other ones in the game is not that awesome?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@meatball said:

lol, VGchartz.

C'mon man, just because you are one, doesn't mean you have to act like one. A dickhead, I mean. And spare me your argument man. Ha ! Ha !

Unless we have Ubisoft themselves confirming the sales numbers I wouldn't trust VGchartz with ordering a pizza

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 49th

Yeah man, that's totally lame, dude. I think it's one of the best platformers ever made, for sure. Right on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How well did Rayman Origins sell? Enough to justify a sequel, clearly, unless someone, somewhere, threw a lot of money at Ubisoft to make Legends. And it's not like they're spending GTA5-amounts of money to make Rayman Legends. So even if the sales numbers aren't up there, they might still be making a good amount of money per sale.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean you have to remember, it's 2013 not many people are going to pay 60$ for a side scrolling platformer no matter how great reviews say it is. The indie and downloadable space is saturated with them at 10-20bux, and a lot of them are pretty good games. Well maybe mario games, but i don't think rayman has that same sorta nostalgia going for it

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MEATBALL
    @nmc2008 said:

How did Origins sell? That should be an indication of the popularity of the character and series. Honestly, from what I have played so far of Legends, it feels like an expansion pack to Origins, mind you I have only played about 6 levels or so.

Claiming Legends feels like an expansion to Origins is like claiming Donkey Kong Country 2 is an expansion to Donkey Kong Country. Rayman Legends is an excellent sequel to Origins, for the most part it takes everything Origins did and nigh-on perfects it. It improves on level and world structure, I would argue that level design in general is of a much higher quality and that the game also has a fantastic sense of variety. Not to mention the fact the game is bursting at the seams with content. Hopefully you'll come to the same conclusion after having played more of the game. I think it's one of the finest games released this gen.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A big problem was them delaying it so much and to me that just feels like it would be a bad game. I know its not, but what I am saying, in the go go world of video games, you can't lose people's confidence. I played the demo of the game, last year. Last year. Imagine how many people saw it? The game is really geared toward people who follow video games and knew it was coming. But Rayman is not a big property. Many have noted Rabbids took over. Also, it has beautiful art but how do you sell a platformer that has some great things to it that are hard to convey in a commercial? I feel like games like these are meant to be out for $15 instead of full on retail disc release. Do you think that this game is worth the money to others when Super Meat Boy, Fez came out for less?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Ill probably pick it up eventually but I'm not the biggest platformer fan. Origins was fun and looked great but it's still a genre I don't care as much about. Not saying it's a bad game, people seem to really love it but the game is launching by Gta and is 60 dollars. It's just gonna have a hard time sellin

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those saying it's because people were waiting for GTAV, I want to point out how August was actually a very successful month for retail with the sales of Saints Row IV and Madden (up 21% from last year). Sales have actually been pretty good. Rayman's problem seems to be that it's a genre that is currently difficult to stand-out (or greatly impress on first impressions) enough to grant full-price sales. If Ubisoft has any sense, they'll focus on trying to build a long-tail on Legends with DLC or free content (the daily challenges is a good start) to keep the game in the minds of those that don't want to focus on it now, but will buy it later. LittleBigPlanet garnered a lot of sales from constantly appearing with new costumes of well-known characters; if Ubisoft could release Assassin's Creed-themed levels or characters or something, then they might be able to do the same.

It looks like a good game though, but it makes me wonder if releasing the WiiU version earlier as intended (and getting an extra push from Nintendo in marketing) could have been a better move: especially if it had gained a cult-like following of word of mouth saying how good the game is, then possibly releases on other platforms could have sold better.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I did not enjoy Rayman origins as much as the critics. Honestly, I've not ever really cared that much for Rayman (and I still have the very first Rayman game for PC). The coolest thing about it is that the character has been around a really long time.

The new games do some interesting things, and the game is fun for a little while, but I will wait to get it when its cheap. I usually only play them a little bit and stop. I just get bored of the game play loop in these games after a certain amount of time and stop playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My issue is the release date. I would have picked this up of GTA wasn't around the corner. This thing got sent out to die.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Klei

I didn't really like Origins, felt the gameplay to be too... ordinary. Same goes with this one, especially since there isn't seem to be a whole lot of new things from the 4-5 hours I've played it.

Also, I doubt that this game had a huge-ass team behind it. It seems like only a handful of people worked on it. Almost looks like an indie game. I doubt that the budget for this game was really all that high.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved origins even though "the night of the livid dead" made me want to kill someone. Very satisfying once I beat them of course. Would have bought this game in an instant if money wasn't tight just now. Ill get it eventually, and love it to death no doubt.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on picking it up by the end of the year. Shame that it hasn't sold well.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HerbieBug

Whether or not you take issue with the idea of value proposition of 2D platformers being lesser, it is fact that consumers are reluctant to pay full $60 for a disc based game of that genre no matter the actual amount of content contained. Ubisoft knew sales for Origins were fairly weak and they didn't adjust properly to the market. This is both obstinate and stupid. I believe Legends would have done far better as a $20 downloadable, with two additional $20 expansions released a couple months between each. Or just budget properly during development and make it a game you can sell profitably at $20-$25 bucks.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It looks like a solid $20 game. I'm not a big fan of the genre and I just find something about the graphics that puts me off. I can't put my thumb on it. Just everytime I see it something seems weird about it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ripelivejam

i know it sounds terrible but i feel like i extinguished most of my (current) good will on the Neverending Nightmare kickstarter. plus i just bought ni no kuni and have a downright embarrasing backlog on Steam. maybe in a month or two or if that kickstarter falls through; i keep hearing so many good things i'm pretty sure soon i won't be able to resist.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JCGamer

I enjoyed Origins but am skipping out on this one. The issue is that 2-D platforms are really a niche genre (except Mario) and those games should be priced and planned as such. Hopefully the budget wasn't too crazy and can make some money and they don't have crazy sales expectations. You can blame the audience-or blame the publisher for making a game in a way destined to fail.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DonPixel

My main problem is $60, outside GTA-V I won't spend $60 in a game like I think ever again. DOTA2 is free to play and whenever I have free time I'm either playing Diablo 3 or Dota2.

They should have priced this differently, it baffles me the poor decision making involved into the pricing of this game... its just like... no, this is no longer 2005, things happened: iOS happened, web games happened, free to play happened...

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think the title including the word 'Legends' doesn't help. It reminds me of the previous Rabbids mini-game games although I reckon that they actually sold reasonably well.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this game will be like Legends in the sense that it'll continue to gather sales at a very steady pace.... Legends doesn't feel like a water cooler game and it's not one you can spoil so people aren't out in a rush to get it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By JJWeatherman

They can mark down one more sale--just as soon as it inevitably drops to $5 on Steam.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I really have never gotten everyone's fawning over the recent Rayman games. Personally the art style has zero appeal to me. Then again platformers in general seem very passe to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Whilst the art style doesn't appeal to you, you clearly like Anime and that art style is like the plague to me 8/10 as it's almost always the same tropes (to my eyes, but it's to the untrained eye in this case), you have to understand a lot of people like the colourful cartoony and abstract art design that Rayman presents... it's different and stands out and is eye catching and as a result the art design will clearly be a discussion point and is clearly a big draw for a lot of people.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'll get it when I get a WiiU... so not for quite a while.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, the thing to remember, other than never use VGchartz for anything, is that basically only fans are buying the game at the $60 price. Origins seemed like a bust but eventually Ubisoft said it was profitable. It's not going to ever make a big splash on the NPD charts but once a price drop or two happens and the holidays roll around, I bet the game will have decent legs and do similarly as well as its predecessor.

Then there's the fact that it sold more than Origins during their first weeks in the UK. I don't think it's time to be all gloom and doom just yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.