Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rebel Galaxy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 20, 2015

A Sci-Fi Action-RPG from co-creators of Diablo and Torchlight, featuring heavy sandbox elements and large-scale ship battles.

Rebel Galaxy - I've never been so bummed out by a games soundtrack before, Plz Help!!!

SirAzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really hate it's slide guitar space cowboy soundtrack.
    I'm guessing I'm a minority here but I believe you need to back up that kinda soundtrack with a strong artistic direction that supports it.
    It feels really outa place and it's breaking my immersion mannnn.

A lot of people are slapping the cowboy bebop soundtrack on it but that's even worse.
    Anyone got a sweet spacey mix they're willing to share?

I've tried chucking in a couple of songs from the mass effect soundtrack but it isn't really ambient enough.
    As it stands I can't play this game. It just bothers me too much.

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Personally I'm fine with the slide guitar soundtrack but if it's ambient sci fi you're looking for here are some tips:

Brian Eno - Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks
    Awesome ambient soundtrack for a film about the Apollo missions

Alien Soundtrack - Jerry Goldsmith
    The score from the first Alien movie is a great match for the coldness of space

Inception Soundtrack - Hans Zimmer
    Probably my favourite Zimmer soundtrack. Some tracks may not fit the ambient mood you're looking for but might be some good stuff for combat music.

Blade Runner Soundtrack - Vangelis
    Absolutely fantastic

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've typed "ambient" into my foobar library and the first thing that popped up alphabetically (well, after stuff that's only slightly ambient) was Alessandro Cortini - Risveglio. Went through the tracks and yep, ambient with a very space'y vibe. I can come up with something darker, but this one seems perfect for the job.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Substance_D
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Anything by Hans Zimmer, Philip Glass, Thomas Newman, Jim Guthrie (especially the video game OST and Indie Game: The Movie OST). Jon Hopkins' Immunity is great but might a little weird for space game. It looks like Hans Zimmer worked on the soundtrack for The Martian so that's probably not a bad one to add.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

You mean Giant Bomb Soundtrack of the Year contender Rebel Galaxy's music isn't the best thing ever? THE NERVE!!

It's baffling that Rebel Galaxy or MGSV were even considered for Soundtrack of the Year.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm playing it with the Independence War 2 soundtrack, because it also had the music divided into the same categories, and is all mp3 music in the install folder if you own the game.

I could see the Total Annihilation soundtrack working quite well too, as it also had ambient, tense and battle music.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By planetfunksquad

If you want actual robot music and not classical music made with synths just throw on Autechre's Untilted. Done.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

yeah, definitely in a minority. I bought the game for a second time last night, this time for PS4. I really hope this game comes back around in discussion for 2016's 2015 GOTY so it just gets talked about more.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By chu52

One, you're wrong. But since the developer allows this without mods I can't blame you.

Two,

Loading Video...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I put the Persona 3 and 4 sound track in there. It works pretty well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.