Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 31, 2007

A top-down action RPG and item shop tycoon game for PC by doujin/indie circle EasyGameStation and localized by Carpe Fulgur for English-speaking audiences. You play the role of Recette, a young girl who opens an item shop to repay the debts incurred by her missing father.

Is There Any Clear Indicator of Intent?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Undeadpool

Got the game, loving the game's breezy pace, I have but one complaint: I cannot for the life of me, sometimes, figure out if I'm buying or selling an item. The dialog will be something like "How about this??" an item will come up that I have in the store, and Recette will say something like "How much should I...?" with the money indicator. I have NO IDEA which direction the transaction is taking place, so I've wound up massively underselling or overbuying items. Am I missing something??

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By imhungry

Yeah I think you are. Been a while since I last played but I never had the confusion you did so there must be something. Wish I could be of more help but I don't have it installed right now, sorry!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's also been a while since I've played, but you're probably missing something since I don't recall ever having that confusion as well. There must be something that's clearly indicated when the transaction is taking place.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

pretty sure that the people say stuff like, oh this looks good or hey, my wife wanted me to sell this or whatever.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants

@Undeadpool: Yeah you're definitely missing something. Before the transaction price screen pops up they pretty clearly state their intent.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

I don't ever remember having this problem.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By redcream

Doesn't it depend on the person who buys/sells from you and the color of the text (red for double price and blue for half-price)?

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Before the buy/sell screen comes up there is some dialogue saying what they want to do. Also looking at what people are doing in your store helps. I'm pretty sure when people want to buy things you have on display they pick the thing up, though that could just be my bad memory. I have not played the game in a while.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Undeadpool

@RedCream said:

Doesn't it depend on the person who buys/sells from you and the color of the text (red for double price and blue for half-price)?

That's for if an item is increased or reduced in value.

@Skyfire543 said:

Before the buy/sell screen comes up there is some dialogue saying what they want to do. Also looking at what people are doing in your store helps. I'm pretty sure when people want to buy things you have on display they pick the thing up, though that could just be my bad memory. I have not played the game in a while.

I've definitely had people sell me items that I had on display.

@CaptainTightPants said:

@Undeadpool: Yeah you're definitely missing something. Before the transaction price screen pops up they pretty clearly state their intent.

I swear the exact interaction above has happened more than once (The "How about this?" "What should I...?" interaction)

Ah well, thanks all! I'll try and see if I'm reading too much/not enough into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.