Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Five Finger Fillet at Torquemada is god damn frustrating

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

I'm not struggling with the sequence. It's ABAYABAYABAYAB ABAYABAYABAYAB. I know that. I just can't do it because I get too frustrated. Usually, frustration for me is alleviated when games have multiple ways of beating a particular challenge. That's why I don't get frustrated playing first person shooters unless there's a quicktime event. And lookie, another quicktime event. The frustration is literally a mental block that will prevent me from 100%'ing this game. If I lose two or three times, I get so angry my hands start to shake, and when I come back to the game I'm just too nervous to play. This is also what put my hard mode Resident Evil 4 playthrough to a premature halt (the horrible Indiana Jones sequence where you have to escape that boulder). I really wish developers would realize by now that if you're going to make a rhythm minigame or interactive cutscene, don't just fucking plaster buttons on the screen and expect the player to have fun. I don't play these games just to be put through hand-eye coordination tests. If I wanted to be tested on finger finesse, I'd go play Rock Band.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kazzurak
    @jmrwacko: Turn the difficulty up it makes it easier (yeah i knwo sounds lame but its true). i couldnt do the X - circle -  X - circle -  X - circle thingy because i got too fast doing it and ended up stabbing my finger but when u turn the difficulty up you will have to press more buttons (triagle in this case) and it actualy makes it easier 
    Also try NOT watching the buttons in the screen as you press it just memorize it, i found that to help too
    cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By cap123

The third guy is way easier than the second guy on default, and the the third guy is a 25$ bet. His is ABAYAXABAYAX, there's a fourth button but it means you go round in a circle on your face buttons, and right back round to your next one, making it flow much nicer. So i didn't try this myself, but i imagine if you put the second guys bet up to 25$ you may find it slightly easier. 

I really struggled on the second guy but i got lucky, only to breeze by the third guy.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

It's Simon Says, not a rhythm game.  Memorize the order and then just concentrate on your pad.  I fucked it up every time until I stopped looking at the screen.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis

$100 Bet -   X O X Δ X 口 X O X Δ 

Just keep repeating that.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kelbear

I ignore the buttons and just read the finger spaces by associating each space with the button ahead of time.

This allows me to read ahead by looking at where I am in the finger sequence. This is better than watching for each button, reading the button, and then reacting to the button at the last second.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Took me a while. The third guy was the hardest while the last one was much less unforgiving.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

Yeah I just needed to do it enough times for my finger memory to kick in.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WalkerTR77

@jmrwacko:  
    This is the exact problem I had, it's so frustrating because you cant save in the area and it's also a complete bastard to get up there again. I thought I would have to give up on 100 %, but using this - 
     http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Five_Finger_Fillet   and just concentrating on hitting the buttons from that sequence, without looking at the screen, I got through it. 

Also - don't bother with rhythm, just hit the buttons as fast as possible.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Sarumarine

Five Finger Fillet sucks. Even worse when I learned it involved a knife and your hand. Every time I screwed up I kept imaging a knife slicing through someone's thumb or finger. Luckily, I managed to beat it somehow after fifteen minutes or so.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By RichardLOlson

Yea it is hard, but I didn't know about changing the difficulty.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @WalkerTR77 said:
    "  @jmrwacko:  
    This is the exact problem I had, it's so frustrating because you cant save in the area and it's also a complete bastard to get up there again. I thought I would have to give up on 100 %, but using this - 
     http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Five_Finger_Fillet   and just concentrating on hitting the buttons from that sequence, without looking at the screen, I got through it. 

Also - don't bother with rhythm, just hit the buttons as fast as possible. "
    Wouldn't going too fast break the sequence?
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Ravenousrattler

I never want to play five finger filet ever again

Raven9686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raven9686

It hard enough just finding the place
    Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Moridin

I read a tip on another forum that seemed to help a lot of people.  

Write the sequences down on a piece of paper, big and easy to read. Then don't look at the screen while doing it, just read off of the paper and press accordingly.

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mshaw006

It's best to think of going around the controller in a half-circle, but always coming back to home base (A or X) in between. That's how I think of it, and I made $4000 dollars on Five Finger Fillet in two days.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @ThePhantomnaut:  No it shouldn't break the sequence, do as quickly as you can otherwise you will run out of time.
    SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @ProfessorEss: Yeh lol thats how i did it too.
    Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kazzurak
    @mshaw006: 2 days in game or 2 days real life play time ? xD 

and on the money account this is the way to earn money... 
    High stake poker in blackwater sit down at the table bet 300 chips most of the other guys will join in (sometimes they fold but anyway) that means the pot is pretty big allready there then after the other guys ahve made a bet you go "all in" nomatter how shitty or good cards you got on your hand... all the other guys will fold and you get the pot... 
    Now heres the trick as soon as the chips have gone into your total amount of chips press the quit game and accept as fast as possible over and over until the option is gone ... the more times you managed to quit the game the more moeny you get if you earn 500 $ from the game and you managed to leave the game twice you will get a total + 500$ * 2 (the most times ive managed to quit poker is 3 but its pretty much 1500$ from 250 (which you dont even lose in the process = win)
    J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By J0n3s1

I lost over 300 dollars..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.