Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

German site lists PC version of RDR

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

It seems likely that there will be a PC version, but I'm not sure that this is a very credible source.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By damodar

My PS3 is currently busted and I never got around to getting RDR, so this is good news for me if true. 

Wasn't the PC of GTAIV totally botched though?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vitor
    @BeachThunder said:
    " It seems likely that there will be a PC version, but I'm not sure that this is a very credible source. "
    This. 

Would love it if it was the case though. Would definitely be up for going through the game again at a higher res to take in all that astoundingly beautiful scenery (assuming the port runs better than GTAIV did...).
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By salad10203

I just hope they take more than an hour to port it over.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeJerk

This is the only way R* can get more of my money until they release another good Midnight Club. 

@Damodar said:

" My PS3 is currently busted and I never got around to getting RDR, so this is good news for me if true.  Wasn't the PC of GTAIV totally botched though? "
    For the first three patches performance-botched, for later patches issue-botched, currently still not doing very well and no further patches seem to be in the pipeline. I can get it running sort of stable but not acceptable on my machine as it is today. It requires a quad-core, then a hefty graphics card with a lot of speedy memory, etc. To get an enjoyable framerate for driving and shooting I need to play at 720p and cut all details down to an absolute minimum.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Geno
    @Damodar said:
    " My PS3 is currently busted and I never got around to getting RDR, so this is good news for me if true.  Wasn't the PC of GTAIV totally botched though? "
    PC version of GTAIV is a very demanding game, however in turn the visuals are also far above the console version's.  

It's more demanding than Black Ops but less demanding than Crysis, so it's hardly unplayable, but you'll still need a beefy rig to run it.  

What I'm interested in is seeing a PC version at all; even if it turns out unoptimized, hardware can always be upgraded and software can always be patched (either officially or through the community), so at least maxing out the game's image quality is a possibility if not now if not now then in the future.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

Rockstar ports have a rocky history. They're the only stain on my PC master race rantings normally.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZeroCast

Well, looks like they removed it. 

Real or not, if Red Dead actually manages to make it to the PC I would gladly buy it considering they optimize the engine (which I doubt will happen). If not, well I guess that's another great game the PC crowd will be missing.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Rockstar ports are always shit. I won't be surprised when a PC version does actually come out, and it's runs at 5 fps on every computer ever.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By phrosnite

If there is a PC version and if it's not as buggy as the GTA4 PC v I'm definitely going to buy it to see what's hype all about...

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Rockstar ports are always shit. I won't be surprised when a PC version does actually come out, and it's runs at 5 fps on every computer ever. "
    Have you only played IV on PC? Yeah it was shit, but pretty much every GTA game before that is way better on the PC. Don't be crazy.
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Th3_James
    @BulletproofMonk said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Rockstar ports are always shit. I won't be surprised when a PC version does actually come out, and it's runs at 5 fps on every computer ever. "
    Have you only played IV on PC? Yeah it was shit, but pretty much every GTA game before that is way better on the PC. Don't be crazy. "
    I get 60 fps locked at 1920x1080 with everything maxed and vsync on. So I think it was extremely well ported.
    fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fudge91

God i hope this rumor is true..... RDR & Alan Wake are THE games i want to see on pc.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By apathylad

Rot Tot Erlösung    

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Azteck

Why is it always some german site that spills the beans?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Meowayne

.ch is swiss, not german.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Funzzo

Both RDR and Alan Wake will never be on PC and if by some magical force they do some how end up on PC they will be shitty ports that run worse the GTA4 on the PC did.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwho
    @Funzzo said:
    " Both RDR and Alan Wake will never be on PC and if by some magical force they do some how end up on PC they will be shitty ports that run worse the GTA4 on the PC did. "
    Thanks for your definitive uneducated guesses, industry outsider/internet expert.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

German language, but Swiss site. It's also available in French and English. German is the most prevalent native language in Switzerland, followed by French.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.