Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Red Dead Redemption absence from Giant Bomb?

• 57 results
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Sackmanjones

Hey! didnt get the quest for brad commenting :(

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DystopiaX
    @cardician said:

" @Moridin said:

" Jeff said something on Twitter last night about learning how to play Liar's Dice. Perhaps they finally have a review copy, or perhaps Jeff is just a baller. Well, he's a baller regardless - but you know what I mean. "

Yep, saw that too. I think they do have an early copy they probably just aren't allowed to say anything due to the embargo. "
    There are reviews out already. No embargo. Got my copy of GI today and it was there. There have been reviews (I think on gamesTM magazine and somewhere else) and other stuff.
    I just think it's more likely that they don't do stuff until right before the game is out, since they generally don't do previews (other than QL road shows, news articles, and trailers). I didn't even know Alan Wake was coming out/out until I saw the QL cause I haven't been following that game.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Diamond
    @Sackmanjones: HAHA, I was just thinking of that.  I didn't a quest for a mod viewing my profile before, dunno what's up with those.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @DystopiaX:  Ahh i see. 

@Diamond:  HA maybe cause I mad him mad. whoops lol. Hope i get hated on the next bombcast. That would be SICK!
    cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By cardician
    @DystopiaX said:

" @cardician said:

" @Moridin said:

" Jeff said something on Twitter last night about learning how to play Liar's Dice. Perhaps they finally have a review copy, or perhaps Jeff is just a baller. Well, he's a baller regardless - but you know what I mean. "

Yep, saw that too. I think they do have an early copy they probably just aren't allowed to say anything due to the embargo. "
    There are reviews out already. No embargo. Got my copy of GI today and it was there. There have been reviews (I think on gamesTM magazine and somewhere else) and other stuff.I just think it's more likely that they don't do stuff until right before the game is out, since they generally don't do previews (other than QL road shows, news articles, and trailers). I didn't even know Alan Wake was coming out/out until I saw the QL cause I haven't been following that game. "

No, there is still obviously an embargo. Magazine reviews are different. The embargo applies more to website reviews. Look at IGN, Gamespot, and GiantBomb. They all have the game and have been playing it. I'm sure they even all have reviews written already. But they haven't published them because they're not allowed to yet.

Magazine's are different. R* has to go easier on those embargos because magazines have to have all their articles written by an earlier date in order to get the articles into the publisher who actually prints all the magazines and mails them out. A lot less control is possible with those. And the game comes out this month so if prevented by the embargo the only other option for magazines would be to publish their reviews next month. R* obviously doesn't want that, they want tons of publicity, so they allow magazines to publish their reviews this month, even if it means they come out before the games release. However you do not see a single website with a review do you? That is definitely because of an embargo.

I don't even know why we're arguing about this. If you listen to any GiantBomb podcasts you'll hear Brad and the others talk constantly about embargos and not being able to talk about certain games until a certain date. It's not like this is a conspiracy. It's completely known to happen. And the game websites follow along because if they don't, they piss off the publishers and developers and then they no longer get special access to games. That would in turn hurt their websites popularity and therefore their business. It all makes perfect sense when you think about it. Nothing to argue about.

Rockstar has definitely put an embargo on website reviews and that's that.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By DystopiaX
    @cardician said:
    " @DystopiaX said:

" @cardician said:

" @Moridin said:

There are reviews out already. No embargo. Got my copy of GI today and it was there. There have been reviews (I think on gamesTM magazine and somewhere else) and other stuff.I just think it's more likely that they don't do stuff until right before the game is out, since they generally don't do previews (other than QL road shows, news articles, and trailers). I didn't even know Alan Wake was coming out/out until I saw the QL cause I haven't been following that game. "
     No, there is still obviously an embargo. Magazine reviews are different. The embargo applies more to website reviews. Look at IGN, Gamespot, and GiantBomb. They all have the game and have been playing it. I'm sure they even all have reviews written already. But they haven't published them because they're not allowed to yet. Magazine's are different. R* has to go easier on those embargos because magazines have to have all their articles written by an earlier date in order to get the articles into the publisher who actually prints all the magazines and mails them out. A lot less control is possible with those. And the game comes out this month so if prevented by the embargo the only other option for magazines would be to publish their reviews next month. R* obviously doesn't want that, they want tons of publicity, so they allow magazines to publish their reviews this month, even if it means they come out before the games release. However you do not see a single website with a review do you? That is definitely because of an embargo.I don't even know why we're arguing about this. If you listen to any GiantBomb podcasts you'll hear Brad and the others talk constantly about embargos and not being able to talk about certain games until a certain date. It's not like this is a conspiracy. It's completely known to happen. And the game websites follow along because if they don't, they piss off the publishers and developers and then they no longer get special access to games. That would in turn hurt their websites popularity and therefore their business. It all makes perfect sense when you think about it. Nothing to argue about. Rockstar has definitely put an embargo on website reviews and that's that. "
    eh...not Gamespot. They usually wait a week or two to post a review, even for relatively big games.
    cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By cabelhigh

Jeez louise, reviews are really what matters in the end. They'll review it, and that'll be it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.