Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Volition hype is the BEST kind of hype.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jayge_

Pulled this post out of NeoGAF's RFG official thread. It was made by one of the Developers/PR people out of Volition. I won't be able to tune in for much of this (given how busy I am on Fridays) but holy shit, this sounds amazing. Who will be watching?

Yay, our own thread! WOO!
    Here's something all of you might be interested in. On May 29th (This Friday) from 10AM-4PM CST, we'll be producing a live web stream over at Justin.tv. Throughout the six hour show, we'll be bringing in multiple members of the development team to not only play the game 3 days before it is released to the general public, but much, much more.
    We'll be running a live chat inside of our channel as well and encouraging questions from our fans, as well as suggestions on parts of the game you may want to see before it is released. We'll try to keep the Single Player Story Mode spoilers to a minimum (we will be doing a few of the opening missions), but our goal is to show off a little bit of each part of the game, as well as give a whole bunch of developer insight.
    Who knows, maybe we'll even go on a search for the largest structure in the game...
    The official channel for the stream is
    http://www.justin.tv/volition
    . You'll need a registered username on the justin.tv website in order to ask questions in the chat.
    Also, the pre-order Walker Figurine can be found:
    In the US @ Best Buy
    In the UK @ GAME
    In AU @ EB Games
    I've listed all of the pre-order stuff in this thread as well:
    http://community.redfaction.com/forums/topic/2164

Sorry about the broken-ish quote, GiantBomb pseudo-quoting is impossible :-|
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Wow, that's pretty cool.  I'm not really hyped about this game, so I might not tune in, but I'll keep an eye out for it on Friday if I'm not busy with work and the home life.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

"Who knows, maybe we'll even go on a search for the largest structure in the game..."

Dude... yes.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Jayge_
    Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    Wow, that's pretty cool.  I'm not really hyped about this game, so I might not tune in, but I'll keep ... [more]
    Let the awesome destructive urges flow through you. Watch all 6 hours!
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

Wow Volition going way out of their way.  I'm going to guess because they truly love what they've done....and not cuz they're desperate to sell a mediocre game(just wondering to be fair).  Innovative hype for sure nonetheless.   Kudos to them.  I'm buying it regardless btw...... the demo was pretty cool and should be indicitive.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

I'm excited for RFG, but this is the sort of thing I like to listen to after I've played the game for a while.

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SenatorSpacer

I really want to buy this...But I'm saving up for Prototype, Overlord 2, and The Conduit.

June is an awesome month for games!

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PercyChuggs
    pweidman said:
    Wow Volition going way out of their way.  I'm going to guess because they truly love what they've done....and not ... [more]
    They are probably excited because they made a frickin' awesome game with Red Faction Guerrilla
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scooper

Yes.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah...i have..prototype, infamous, overlord 2, RFG...this is only my summer list...thank god for gamefly. Not sure which ones i going to buy yet. Ill rent then buy though. I still looking for a job.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

This things been on for about three hours now, and from what I've seen, the rest of the game is just as awesome as the demo, if not better. Go watch it!

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By killdave

Volition Give Us Freespace 3 !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.