Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Remember Me

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Remember Me is a futuristic game set in Neo-Paris. The protagonist, Nilin, is up against a tyrant company, Memorize, with the technology to manipulate people's memory to their will. It is up to Nilin and her friends to fight against Memorize to break the bind it has on society.

Gratuitous Butt shots?

• 130 results
    Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Is it just me or does this game seem a bit gratuitous with the butt shots? Pretty much all of the gameplay I have seen seems to put in on prominent display at multiple points. Now, there's nothing wrong with sexy ladies in video games but when you get to the point where it's the star of the box art it starts to seem like a bit much. Maybe this says more about me than it does about the game. I'm not sure. What are your thoughts?

Edit: No, I'm not calling the game sexist. There is nothing wrong with sexy men or women being displayed. I just wanted to know if anyone else thought there was more ass emphasis than usual or if it was just me.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The fact that you can't take your eyes off of her ass doesn't make the game gratuitous. As an example, I couldn't stop staring at Lara Croft's chest in the new tomb raider (it was a very nice chest), but that doesn't make the game gratuitous. That makes me gratuitous.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258  Online

It's a nice ass. I hope the game isn't. Ass, that is. Nice would be good.

EDIT: All right, have any of you ever played or seen footage of Resident Evil Revelations? That's bad use of a terribly-designed ass. An ass on a video game cover where a good-lookin' heroine is obviously part of the appeal? That's not gratuitous and disgusting. It's an ass. The purpose of the cover is to make someone pick it up and pay attention, and a girl whose back is facing you should stand out a lot more than the umpteenth gray-haired pissed-off thirty-something with a gun.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

not feeling hopeful for the replies in this thread. they're already off to a bad start. i'm sorry OP. i'm totally with you btw

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Just remember someone spent hours of their lives loving crafting that bottom.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There's a lot of booty in the concept art/cover art, but it's not -too- bad. I've seen worse.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By artelinarose

There was a whole lot of butt right in the center of my screen playing Gears of War and Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker and Arkham Asylum/City and Mass Effect and

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fret not duder as gratitous as it maybe you are no mysoginist for liking it ;D ... it is a nice one

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bacongames

It's probably not an accident. At least, they made no effort to do something unique and change up the outcome that there seems to be (and likely is) some emphasis on this lady's butt. I think it's valid to point out, and probably a combination of the developer and who's playing that notices it. I say good for whoever can justify it to themselves but for me I think I need more than that to give a shit (whether as titillation or character quality. What I mean is not that it needs to be more obvious but needs to be way more clever if that's what they were going for, or just make a good character).

With all this butt emphasis, I'm curious what Alex Navarro has to say about all this.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a whole lot of butt right in the center of my screen playing Gears of War and Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker and Arkham Asylum/City and Mass Effect and

Seriously, I play a lot of video games so I am forced to look at a LOT of man ass.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By posh

it's so that the type of people posting in this thread might feel more inclined to buy it, consciously or not. a lot of men can't get enough of fake, videogame butts and boobs and they throw a hissy fit when anybody tries to take it away from them. difficult to think of an important lady videogame character who isn't presented as a sex object. they may exist, but there really aren't that many

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Milkman

Sounds like a video game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

And just about any third person game ever made.

Check out this butt.
    Check out this butt.
    Look at that butt.
    Look at that butt.
    How about those hot buns?
    How about those hot buns?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We should call the sexism police right now! Shit like this don't fly!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@posh said:

it's so that the type of people posting in this thread might feel more inclined to buy it, consciously or not. a lot of men can't get enough of fake, videogame butts and boobs and they throw a hissy fit when anybody tries to take it away from them. difficult to think of an important lady videogame character who isn't presented as a sex object. they may exist, but there really aren't that many

You're calling a character who wears average clothes a sex object. A woman who wears jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket is a sex object to you.

I just wanted to point that out before you climbed up too high on that horse of yours.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@believer258: This is entirely subjective, but some person's backside doesn't really scream excitement to me. (and least not in terms of video games) The only thing it tells me is that it feature a girl in jeans. I guess that same criticism can be made against most video game box art though. (especially Uncharted) What bothers me is I'm not sure how much of it is intentional and how much of it is just me.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By artelinarose

@artemesia said:

this was my joke yes the point was that it was an emphasis on it being a female butt and that makes it wrong somehow

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By posh

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

You're calling a character who wears average clothes a sex object. A woman who wears jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket is a sex object to you.

I just wanted to point that out before you climbed up too high on that horse of yours.

have you even seen the box art? you can barely see her face. also don't make posts like this, as if you've got me figured out and just burned me to the ground

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that a pretty standard pose for film posters and video game box art? I'm pretty sure I've seen that same shot in dozens of commercial media.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: yeah, what does that tell you though? surely not that it's ok because everybody else does it

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Milkman

@penguindust said:

Isn't that a pretty standard pose for film posters and video game box art? I'm pretty sure I've seen that same shot in dozens of commercial media.

For a woman, sure. Now imagine Marcus Fenix in that pose. Pretty silly!

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@penguindust said:

For a women, sure. Now imagine Marcus Fenix in that pose. Pretty silly!

what if he was holding a gun and some dog tags in front of a fire or an explosion or some high contrast bullshit

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@penguindust said:

For a women, sure. Now imagine Marcus Fenix in that pose. Pretty silly!

what if he was holding a gun and some dog tags in front of a fire or an explosion or some high contrast bullshit

Now, THAT sounds like something I could get into!

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everyone here has a pretty fair point. And no, please don't think I'm calling the game sexist because of it. I don't think there is anything inherently oppressive about displaying physically attractive people of either gender. The thing I was trying to figure out was if it seemed to anyone else if there seemed to be more of an emphasis on her derriere than in most third person games or if it was simply more noticeable because of the character model.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Hunter5024

I feel like the characters ass is always prominently displayed in a third person game. Unless the camera is designed to be super pervy I don't really care.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By artelinarose
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@video_game_king said:

@artemesia said:

this was my joke yes the point was that it was an emphasis on it being a female butt and that makes it wrong somehow

Lets not forget MGS2 and raiden's naked cartwheels through Big Shell.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

have you even seen the box art? you can barely see her face. also don't make posts like this, as if you've got me figured out and just burned me to the ground

I have seen the box art, and it is virtually no different than a million other "shot from behind face obscured by shadow" box arts available. The major difference here is that in this case it's a woman instead of a man. There's a woman's bum on the cover instead of a man's bum. There is absolutely no reason to raise a stink about this box art just because it features an attractive woman as a protagonist.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By reisz

The discussion is ongoing as to whether or not this is even a problem and if it is, what should be done. If you're talking Gratuitous game booty, Remember Me is not your huckleberry.

Fret not duder as gratitous as it maybe you are no mysoginist for liking it ;D ... it is a nice one

No kidding, she looks great.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By zeforgotten

@demoskinos said:

@artemesia said:

@video_game_king said:

@artemesia said:

Resident Evil 6 had a lot of it as well.
    Also Resident Evil 5 and 4.
    Why aren't women upset about the portrayal of men as sex objects in those games?!

No but seriously, where's that X Blades Boxart that got the other thread about this locked by one of the mods? We need that right now, I think

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By artelinarose

@artemesia said:

@video_game_king said:

@artemesia said:

Basically Metal Gear Solid as a whole has the juiciest video game booties mmmmmhm

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artemesia said:

@demoskinos said:

@artemesia said:

@video_game_king said:

@artemesia said:

Basically Metal Gear Solid as a whole has the juiciest video game booties mmmmmhm

I'd go gay for Snake Booty.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By posh

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

I have seen the box art, and it is virtually no different than a million other "shot from behind face obscured by shadow" box arts available. The major difference here is that in this case it's a woman instead of a man. There's a woman's bum on the cover instead of a man's bum. There is absolutely no reason to raise a stink about this box art just because it features an attractive woman as a protagonist.

please point me to all of the men who are the main part of "shot from behind face obscured by shadow" box art. just give me 3 examples, that's all

EDIT: look

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@demoskinos said:

@artemesia said:

@video_game_king said:

@artemesia said:

I have put the Digital Camera to good use in MGS4. I may or may not have a few dozen photos of all the B&B corps.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Justin258  Online

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

When you say stuff like this:

a lot of men can't get enough of fake, videogame butts and boobs and they throw a hissy fit when anybody tries to take it away from them.

it's not too difficult to figure out that you've climbed on a high horse. I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if there isn't any focus on boobs or butts in a game. But I'm not going to pretend like I don't enjoy seeing an attractive woman, and I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that a fictional character is attractive, especially when that fictional character was designed to be attractive in the first place.

If admitting that I like attractive women makes me sexist or a pig or whatever, then oh well. Sue me.

For the record, I'm not going to buy the game just because of the cover art.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@posh

All I've got is this off the top of my head, the internet here at work is not good enough to properly search for anything.

No Caption Provided

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By posh

@believer258: what i'm referring to is comments on any article on a games website covering sexism. this outlines it pretty well. i see threads on giant bomb all the time with people getting mad about sexism coverage. it's really frustrating to see so many people just not getting it at all

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

please point me to all of the men who are the main part of "shot from behind face obscured by shadow" box art. just give me 3 examples, that's all

Counting the two with dudes already on that blog-thingy-site whatever. Here's one with a dude wearing even less clothes than most women do.
    Only difference is he's looking forward.

I know, I'm sorry, I'm not taking video games seriously enough

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artemesia: his backside is where the light isn't, and that's one example

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably not an accident. At least, they made no effort to do something unique and change up the outcome that there seems to be (and likely is) some emphasis on this lady's butt. I think it's valid to point out, and probably a combination of the developer and who's playing that notices it. I say good for whoever can justify it to themselves but for me I think I need more than that to give a shit (whether as titillation or character quality. What I mean is not that it needs to be more obvious but needs to be way more clever if that's what they were going for, or just make a good character).

With all this butt emphasis, I'm curious what Alex Navarro has to say about all this.

Having only seen a little footage of the game, the camera does seem to leer at the character at times. It's a very specific angle I don't think is used often in third person games, generally. I don't have a screenshot, but you'd know it when you see it. Like the shot of the girl in red shorts from Texas Chainsaw Massacre (if anyone knows what I'm talking about). It's obviously intentional and they are obviously selling sex. Like you said, I don't think we need to cast judgment on this. It's sexy, not sexist. But let's at least call a spade and spade.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Justin258  Online

@posh said:

@believer258: what i'm referring to is comments on any article on a games website covering sexism. this outlines it pretty well. i see threads on giant bomb all the time with people getting mad about sexism coverage. it's really frustrating to see so many people just not getting it at all

My whole point was that it isn't sexist to think that someone is attractive?

I just don't think that the box art is sexist, especially since her design seems to be part of the appeal. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@posh said:

Whoever put that together doesn't know how to fire handguns. Or how physics work. Just saying.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@posh said:

Youcanjustadmityouwerewrongthis one time.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hadn't noticed, but if it is the case then sure, butts are cool.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By BoOzak
    Loading Video...

Can't we just enjoy good things?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.