KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools, 

I picked up Xenogears from PSN today as it is the second best Squaresoft RPG for the PSone era (I think we all know the best one involves time travel), and I heard about this Remote Play bullshit.  Like a usual hater of Sony hype, I brushed it off and joked about it's use.  Go figure it works. 

While it may not be painless, it's pretty easy and simple to do.  All you need is a PSP, Andorid/Sony Ericson mobile, or a Sony label laptop.  Synch it up with the PS3 and you can run every PSone game from any location. 

You can do a direct wireless with the PS3 for flawless zero lag while you're in your own home.  So it works when I'm sleeping with a girl and I don't have to go down to the PS3 to play, I can just whip out the mobile or the PSP for it.  Or you can do a wireless network connection that requires you to sign into PSN but you can play on YOUR PS3 from any location in the world.  This one has slight lag.  Tried this at my dad's business today and while JRPGs are perfectly playable...I got a hunch some of the faster stuff will lag.   

But yeah, if you got a PS3 and a PSP/Sony Mobile/Sony PC, try it out.  You can play PSone games while on the toilet, driving around the city, dinner with the girlfriend over wireless on the mobile, etc.   

Gotta admit, this is one of the coolest things I've discovered about the PS3.  Microsoft should get on that with the WP7.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bocam

Couldn't you just download it via the PSP's PSN?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I'm pretty sure you can't run PS3 games with remote play.

But I haven't tried any PSOne games.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Bocam: This one has one unified save file.  Why would I want two different saves on the PS3 and PSP?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Skald
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Bocam: This one has one unified save file.  Why would I want two different saves on the PS3 and PSP? "
    Actually, that's pretty great.
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By amomjc

I guess that's cool, but like someone else has already said can you not just download the same game from the PSN store for the PSP?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox
    @KaosAngel:  Pfft... if you think that's cool, you should check out the trial for PlayOn. I watch Hulu and Netflix on my PSP from the toilet using my PS3 and Remote Play.

Actually Remote Play is one of the main things I'm looking forward about NGP. Two thumbsticks means more PS3 games can be supported, and the pad on the back can work like R2/L2. Some games on PSN work with remote play, like the Pixel Junk games. I just wish 3D Dot Game Heroes and other simple disc games could too.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MrKlorox: I can just use my iPhone for that and have a better resolution.  >.>
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bocam
    @KaosAngel:  I thought the saves were compatible. 
     I found Xenogears 2.0 to be better, but that may be because I played the original in Japanese.  
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox
    @KaosAngel said:

" @MrKlorox: I can just use my iPhone for that and have a better resolution.  >.> "

Oh without having to pay for plus? That's a fancy trick. And it works for comedycentral, tbs, espn, adultswim, amazon VOD, CBS, SyFy, Cartoonnetwork, MTV, BET etc... too? And it allows those to be played on your TV through your phone as well? Wow the iPhone is versatile.  x.x
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Remember when they included remote play in downloadable PSN games like Pixel Junk Monsters and Bionic Commando: Rearmed? 

They should start doing that again. 

Or maybe they do still. I don't know.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " Remember when they included remote play in downloadable PSN games like Pixel Junk Monsters and Bionic Commando: Rearmed?  They should start doing that again.  Or maybe they do still. I don't know. "
    Woah, BCR is remote play capable? I should get that when my buddy lends my PSP back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.