Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

The Leaderboards

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

On the ps3 version, which i played it on, the japanese seem to be absolutely dominating the leaderboards save for a few levels here and there. whats happening on the 360 leaderboards, all american?

ps what does it mean if their name has a flag that is a picture of the re5 logo? is that like a developer or something?

anyways, on ps3 the #1 ranked player for beating ALL on VETERAN is araguman from Japan, who beat it in 1:26'37"
    thats fucking crazy, you can beat this game that fast LOL!
    reminds of the people beating mgs4 on the boss extreme difficulty and super short time. 
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daz0608

Same it's all Japanese people on the 360 as well, they did have a week head start and I bet quite a few of them are people who work for Capcom

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

They're Asian. So why is this even a discussion. Anyway yea most of them on the 360 leaderboards are from Japan as well.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

im surprised 360 top players are japanese and not american. i guess this debunks the myth that because there are more 360 players they must have better gamers (in games like cod4, people are always saying on 360 the competition is harder, and i always felt they were the same)

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By suneku

Or maybe Japanese players usually dominate Japanese games.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Karmum
    TwoOneFive said:
    "im surprised 360 top players are japanese and not american. i guess this debunks the myth that because there are more 360 players they must have better gamers (in games like cod4, people are always saying on 360 the competition is harder, and i always felt they were the same)"
    If anything, Asians would want to play the 360 version, since there would be less Asian 360 gamers than PS3 gamers. Thus, have a better rank on the leaderboards. Am I right?
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Karmum said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "im surprised 360 top players are japanese and not american. i guess this debunks the myth that because there are more 360 players they must have better gamers (in games like cod4, people are always saying on 360 the competition is harder, and i always felt they were the same)"
    If anything, Asians would want to play the 360 version, since there would be less Asian 360 gamers than PS3 gamers. Thus, have a better rank on the leaderboards. Am I right?"
    i suppose... nah.
    Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jordan23

And most of the top leaderboard are using Wesker (Midnight) "Mercenaries"... Go Figure!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

I wonder if some Japanese guys are just sitting there and playing the game 24-7 to top those leaderboards.  Why can't any Westerners compete anyways?  I thought I saw some other flags at the top of some of the leaderboards, but now I can't remember.  I didn't think it was a South Korean flag, but I'd have to load up the game again.

The game sold only about half as much on 360 in Japan as on PS3 in Japan, so there's still plenty of Japanese players on 360.  360 is considerably cheaper there, and among gamers there are a fair amount of 360 fanboys (on 2ch for example).  It really has captured a large JRPG and SHUMP crowd.

I suppose they use Midnight Wesker because he has the powerful magnum and starts with lots of explosives.  Wesker can do his speed run which helps sometimes as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.